1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Equal and Opposite by Amerision - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Amerision, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

This is excellent. It took me awhile to work up to reading this. (The Harry/fem!Harry made me a little hesitant) I'm curious, do most people think that Harry doesn't know Tonks is Tonks? Or is the exchange student for the benefit of the other Hogwart students and not Harry?

2. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Hn, Good Chapter and whatnot. Really like the way this fic is heading. Please don't let me down man, this sh-ts all I got left (sobs).

Well now that that mildy disturbing ...thing is done with I have one more thing to say - er type. I'm amazed at the writing style (probably common but I haven't seen it for awhile) and this fic just makes my day.

3. zenaku

zenaku First Year

Getting good. Sounds like Harry is starting his enslavement of the female population of Hogwarts:) Always good to see.

4. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Always nice to see Harry take control of half the female population of Hogwarts. I especially like how Tonks is written...

5. danfiel

danfiel Guest

Not just how she was written but also handled.

6. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

I enjoy what you are doing with the story so far, you have Harry's attitude down perfectly if you ask me. Very nice on Tonks part as well you are making it seem very believable and not full of the bull shit some stories are made of.

7. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah, well done! The Harry on Fem!Harry was better written than I've seen before - although there aren't many stories out there with that pairing. Harry's keen and cool domination of Hogwarts is one of the most fascinating looks into the "innards" of Hogwarts in quite a while.

So far, I'll give it: eight J's out of ten

Good stuff,
    -J

8. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

An update! And a good one, too!

I like the deal with Tonks. And how he handled Slughorn. Great Chapter.

Edit: I'm fast.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  9. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Updated.

The style has changed a bit, I think. One or two more chapters until Harry crosses over.

Amerision

EDIT: Argh, Darth beat me to it. To my own story's thread. :(

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I see you dumped off that rape scene you were planning. Good call IMO, it didn't really add much to the plot.

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Nice job, Amerison. :)

I look forward to when he transcends the boundary of the mirror.

12. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

*stares at Amerision blankly.*

13. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I'll crotchmunch you if you don't update your HP story, Surarrin.

14. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

Amer you have created yet another wonderful chapter for this already great story. 5/5 for sure.

However, you must be punished for not updating for so long. But as you have written the chapter well, and it was indeed worth the wait I will lower your punishment somewhat. I will only have Tinn remove half of your manhood!

15. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

I just read this for the 1st time and.....I have to say this is probably one of the darkest harry potter story I have ever read and one of the greatest ever read.

That last chapter was one of which holds a candle to the likes of Edgar Allan Poe because like Poe's works the murder in itself was not directly shown making it all the more frightening,rather the passage was shown from a simple book telling you all that you needed to know. For once in a story I'm actually not rooting for harry to become dark because the road he's traveling appears to be straight to madness making Voldemort almost look sane

all in all outstanding

madeyemoody

p.s. go easy on dumbledore

16. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

And the thing is, we've seen stories where Harry kills people left and right; his family, friends... even Hedwig! And in the most gruesome ways imaginable, yet this Harry seems darker. He's so quiet and methodical about what he's doing even though he is overflowing with rage.

His goal is one of the darkest, as well; to kill the person he cared for most.

She came to him when he was at his lowest point in a life full of lows and, more or less, put him back together again. Then she abandoned him. Now his every waking moment is devoted to the singuar goal of making her pay for that. Every awful thing he does, every law he breaks, every life he ruins or ends is for the sole purpose of hunting her down and making her wish she'd never toyed with his feelings.

It's darker, still, since who he seeks to eliminate is his own counterpart, his mirror image. He's literally destroying himself in an effort to destroy himself.

He doesn't even seem all that interested in gaining power except for what he'll need to find her and beat her without getting caught along the way.

Oh absolutely. He has manipulated Slughorn straight into the grave. You know it and I know it but it's only alluded to. Very subtle, very effective.

I can't say I disagree.

I remember coming across this story in its incarnation as a oneshot before I even knew there was a DLP and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's great to see this version getting an update. I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  17. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

Too dark too quick. IMO. But very good work. This is the first time I ever saw fawkes affecting Harry for being Dark. Usually they have crappiness where Harry has 4m4zinzorz 'Light' soul and fawkes just doesnt want to hurt him.

18. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

I just realized you updated, fucking e-mail system seems to be down again. Anyway I love this chapter, can't wait till he goes on the other side. 5/5.

19. DreamRed

DreamRed Seventh Year

Very nice update. The FF alert was delayed, so I didn't read it until just now, but it looks like it's really starting to move towards Harry crossing over. Good work on the scene with Dumbledore at the end too.

20. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Great story, very original,It would be my #1 if It was longer. Still fantastic work.