1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Let me reply with a movie reference.

I don't trust you period Kai.

2. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Because he doesn't like your plan, maybe? Or perhaps he doesn't want Mayor Kai.

BTW, I appreciate every single vote. While I'm not necessarily less suspicious of you, it does warm my heart and my soul.

A VOTE FOR ME IS A VOTE FOR A TOWN VICTORY.

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

But you can think about my plan independently from any thoughts you may have about me?

Like, walking into the game with a mindset of 'kaidash is always untrustworthy' is a stupid way to be, since currently if I'm lying I'll be dead at the end of day 1.

Also consider that if I am scum, how does me doing any of this advance the hypothetical plans that scum!kaidash may have? What possible advantage do I get out of putting forward a plan that results in me getting lynched at the end of day one?

4. Ash

Okay, so let's say you're innocent. WE STILL DON'T WANT YOU AS OUR MAYOR.

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I was sleeping. I am GMT +5:30. See the last page, I posted a lot.

Fuck, I missed so much.

Kai, let us analyze your original plan regarding how to vote for mayor.

You said that if someone claims Judge we vote for him. If it is fake claim the judge will kill him anyway.

Scenario One: It is a true-claim.
    Witches now know who the judge is. They kill him.
    Status: No lynch, mayor gone, judge gone, both important tools for town.

Scenario Two: It is a fake-claim.
    Following your plan, whoever fake-claims is dumb. He will die anyway.

Scenario Three: What actually happened?

No one took the bite to your "plan". Neither a fake nor a real claim. You thought to modify it. You fake-claimed as judge, hoping the real judge would counter (which I hope/guess Sesc is).
    Status: No Lynch, mayor position likely gone, judge thrown to the wolves, one witch dies (namely you)

If either of the above scenarios is NOT good for witches, by all means point it to me.

On top of that you ask lovers to out themselves, all these actions practically brand "witch" to your forehead.

But we are still in the early stages of the game, most of what I have done here is speculate, I may be entirely wrong and we both are pro-town, but considering everything that is very extremely unlikely.

Aekiel's change to vote for me is both a good thing and a bad thing as I can really not make any guesses about that but I can say Thanks, I guess.

6. Ash

VOTE FOR ME. I WILL BE SHORT AND TO THE POINT. Also, nice post, Castiel, despite its length. At least it wasn't a lot of bullshit like Kai's TL;DRs.

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I only need 4 more votes to win. I have 8 already.

Vote for me!

When does the day end?

8. KaiDASH

Calling it 'no lynch' in your scenario analysis makes it pretty clear to everyone what you'd like people to think about things (badly of me). A lynch happens, it's just a judge lynch (and we vote no lynch to enable the judge lynch).

Anyway as for
    Uh yes, the 45 minutes between me making people aware of the plan in detail and me claiming judge had nothing to do with the fact I about to leave for several hours and everything to do with the fact that my epic trap for one role out of 23 in a game with people in multiple timezones failed (I feel the need to point out this is sarcasm, incase it isn't readily apparent).

My claim when it happened was because steam was starting to build for a "We shouldn't do this because the Judge needs to be alive late game" argument which obviously doesn't apply to me at all since I am going to eat a kill of some kind sooner rather than later. And if I hadn't of posted when I did, that argument likely would have gained more steam rendering me unable to post my roleclaim at all.

Day can last for up to another 66 hours (roughly).

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Just one question.

Why did you not role-claim when you told your plan? Why wait?

10. KaiDASH

Because once I roleclaim I can't take that back, but with just the plan out there I could have chosen not to roleclaim if people thought it was a really crappy plan.

But as the only negative reaction (discounting drunk!kens) was Necrule for a reason that doesn't apply to me in any shape or form, I decided to just roleclaim right then before people could agree that we shouldn't do the plan for an invalid reason.

Make sense?

11. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I am gonna trust either Sesc or Kai depending on who is alive at the end of the night.

I don't trust Ashaya or Castiel at all. Their posts are reeking of scuminess.

Since noone wants to vote for me(I don't know why ), I am going to vote for Jon now.

Rescind Vote
    Mayor Vote:Jon

God save us all.

12. KaiDASH

Klackerz, unless the real judge out of me and sesc get mayor, we won't last through the night because we'll be completely defenseless.

13. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

It does. That is actually the only thing that would have made sense and I was hoping you won't say it because this further complicates things.

/obligatory, I am your new god.

Elaborate?

14. KaiDASH

So since Castiel seems to be approaching somewhere that might be 'mildly happy with kaidash', is Mayor!Kai a thing that can happen?

15. Ash

No. Vote for Ashaya. I've got almost as many votes as Castiel, and I'm way cooler and I have a pretty avatar. He has none. That's pretty much the same thing as having no personality. You want a mayor with charisma, with loads of personality.

Also I'm not posting like scum, I'm just posting annoyingly in the hope that people will be so tired of my blabber that they'll vote to shut me up.

I wasn't gonna do this, but....
    IF I AM NOT TOWN I WILL POST PICTURES OF MY TITS.
    And believe me, I will never do that. So, red truth is truthful.

16. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Just curious. Say Sesc is witch. You are judge, witches can be sure of that.

If we make you mayor, the witches will just kill you and effectively get rid of both Judge and the mayor powers in one night.

If we do not make you mayor and give to someone else (say me), if the witches now want to eliminate the guy who has mayor powers and the judge they will have to use two kills (my role is insignificant, so killing me or not killing me is irrelevant). This will take them two nights and this might not even be the course of action they take.

Now, why should we make you mayor? What good comes of it?

17. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

...This is a confusing day... I was convinced Kai was the judge until Sesc role claimed.... Why in the world would he role claim? I can think of -5% of a reason to role claim while scum... so the only (logical) conclusion that I can pull out from that is that he is telling the truth.

No scum would kill themselves just to be rid of the mayor, or thats my thought opinion anyway. Not worth it. Especially when the mayors power could just as easily be used against a townie! Sesc lying just doesn't make any sense....

Unless Kai really pulls some support, I think my vote is going toward Ashaya, but I want to see whats going to happen before committing. Also, mods, i'd really like a vote count if one is available?

18. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Hmm

My maths is getting rusty, I did not know 5 = 8.

Now you are just being annoyi-

:facepalm

There are other ways to make you shut u--oh wait.

:awesome

That is one way you can get my vote. :)

But seriously, that has got be against the rules...

right?

19. Ash

I said almost as many. :x

---------- Post automerged at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Supposed to be x: smiley, not some angry one.Supposed to be x: smiley,

---------- Post automerged at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Supposed to be x: smiley, not some angry one.Supposed to be x: smiley,

20. KaiDASH

@Castiel

What makes you think that the mayor powers would go unused if I get them?

As for why I should get mayor (beyond the 'i am provable town' angle), I already know roughly what I want to do with the Mayor power and me doing what I want to do is a *low* risk thing.

Also yeah, re: Ashaya that would definitely be outside the scope of the game and should be ignored.

(and fwiw I no longer think you're a shoein for Sesc's scumbuddy)

@jwlk

I'm going to just repeat what I said earlier - How does me doing this as a fake!Judge make any kind of sense for advancing the hypothetical goals of scum!Kaidash. How does me putting forward a plan in which I die on the first day as a 100% confirmed scum further the goals of scum!Kai?