1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Republic, trusting me isn't necessary. Evaluate my plan and see that any possible result stemming from it is +ev town.

And (I feel like I'm saying this alot, but it is a damn good point and it's consistently ignored) what possible advantage could scum!kai get out of a plan which results in my being lynched?

2. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Aye yai yai. "Clusterfuck avoided?" Lol.

Alright, tally is partially what I was waiting for.

Please note: it is late where I am, so this is subject to change after much sleep.

Kai, I'm going to refrain from voting for you. To summarize, your pushiness(sorry, but forty five minutes is a blink of an eye in mafia time), combined with your withholding of information (what you will do as mayor) is putting me off. I'm not saying your scum, but I don't like it. Your plan should still yield some results, either way.

In the name of moving forward, Mayor Vote: Castiel

Putting my faith in other townies at this point.

3. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Almost catching up, Castiel. It's not that I don't like you, its that I don't trust you. I wish that I could. That said, I want to annihilate you. Also, its good if I'm voted mayor cuz than the mayor is not an important role, and its not as devastating of a blow to town for the mayor to be killed.

---------- Post automerged at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Fucking then*. Omg that's killing me, but I can't edit :l what an eyesore.

4. KaiDASH

If you're open to changing your vote, maybe you shouldn't vote for the guy who is so close to reaching majority right now? Since day lasts for so much longer it isn't like you won't have the chance to vote for him later.

As for why I roleclaimed when I did, like I said earlier reception was positive except for Necrule who brought up a 'major' problem which doesn't apply to me in any way case or form, however I thought that it could convince others to abandon the plan, so I just went ahead and roleclaimed to avoid the problem of 'plan ditched for a reason that does not apply to me'.

And for 'withholding information', making clear what I plan to do with my power isn't ideal right now since it helps scum more than it helps town, but should I get mayor I will do a full disclosure of what I used mayor powers on at the start of day 2.

5. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Ok so I am caught up. But honestly nothing much has changed. We are all still arguing the same thing with no real progress although there have been some suspicious posts but it is hard to tell so early in the game.

I am sticking with my vote for the moment but will check back tomorrow as to what is happening. Been a little busy with RL so will try to post more often.

6. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Whoops, sorry about that.

Rescind Vote

Rescind Mayor Vote

Mayor Vote: KaiDASH

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Okay, so since KaiDASH's plan, at least the part about the Judge counterclaiming, did make sense, I am suitably suspicious of Sesc(a decent case was made for Enchantress). As KaiDASH pointed out, if he was fake, then the real Judge could Judge Lynch him with his plan of No Vote.

With that being said, KaiDASH is being stupendously insistent, which honestly makes me wonder about him as well. Especially with the potential of indeed being the Judge, but also being in the Warlock faction. Also, the whole 'one Lover should claim' does nothing to truly disprove that he is not the other Lover, since without an other Lover verifying the claim, they could just as easily be a Warlock-faction Lover.

Jon... I can't really say anything for or against, other than that he already had a run.

Ashaya, has made the claim of her role 'being useless/boring' before, when she was actually Anti-Town, if I remember right.

Castiel, has been posting decently, but I'm not sure on him either.

With that in mind:
    Rescind Mayor Vote

I would like to hear more from the current candidates before I cast my vote again. That is, when I wake up from going to sleep in a few minutes from now.

8. KaiDASH

I'm being stupendously insistent because I don't feel comfortable at all with Castiel or Ashaya (but Castiel is maybe a little bit ahead of Ashaya in terms of who I'd want to get mayor). I'm almost at the point where I actively campaign for Sesc to get Mayor just so it can't be used by scum.

As for the Lovers thing, if I was a lover and claiming to be not a lover, then the witches would know that for some reason, I do not want to be identified as a lover. The only reason you would not want to be identified as a lover to town (if you were actually a lover) is because you were a warlock lover.

And wow, going over my thought process like that just looks bad. So here's a plan to make me (and you!) feel better about things.

There is a way to ensure that the lovers aren't warlock lovers as long as one of them claims today (tomorrow onwards I think loverclaims are pretty untrustworthy if my roleread on Sesc is correct).

1. ONE Lover claims as not lovers with kai or sesc
    2. Daredevil uses the power that stops witches special kills from working
    3. Priest OR MS (no point using all of our town resources on the same guy) checks the lover claim. Priest check is priest check so yeah. MS should check the lover against someone he views as a pretty likely townie.

If lovers are town there isn't much reason not to come forward imo, since I strongly believe that town benefits more from knowing one of the lovers than the warlocks do.

If lovers are warlock lovers then all bets are off.

ANYWAY, anyone feel like discussing this at level beyond 'kaidash is untrustworthy i do not feel like talking'?

(also fwiw last game I was picked as a lover and I planned on running for mayor on the strength of my being a lover. Eternity Lost can verify this)

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Would you like a picture of my dick if I am anti-town?

I am seriously tired of this bullshit.

10. KaiDASH

I can red truth too!

I am the judge, I am not part of the warlock faction, people not voting me for mayor will catch herpes

11. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Red Truth was funny when it was just Jon using it to troll in Warlock.

Next Person to use Red Truth whose name isn’t Jon is getting replaced.

12. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Thank you.

I am off to my class, be back in a few hours. Try to not fuck this up.

And please post better reasons for doing what you are doing.

13. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I think Day 1 is ridiculously long, even for having to vote for Mayor. Did someone say 66 hours? Christ.

For the purposes of getting over with the election, I think I'll switch my vote to Castiel, but not immediately. Maybe some other people will vote.

---------- Post automerged at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Edit by doublepost:
    Holy shit. Must refresh before posting. Well, don't see me voting for Castiel anytime soon after all.

---------- Post automerged at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

I woul dvery much not like a picture of your dick, Castiel.

14. KaiDASH

MAYOR VOTE (12 is a majority)

KaiDASH (3) - KaiDASH, Gila, Moridin
    Ashaya (7) - Ashaya, guljons, Taure, OllieK, 1&1is3, dhulli, Republic21
    Castiel (9) - Castiel, Kensington, Necrule, Jas, Jon, tad2103, Aekiel, jwlk, Sneakthief
    Jon (1) - Klackerz
    Sesc (1) - Sesc

No vote - Fenraellis, Eternity Lost

Going to try to sleep now (well... hopefully I can actually sleep)

15. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Bah Kai, you have me somewhat convinced of your innocence.

Your plan was a good one from the start, I have no idea why people chose to ignore it. The only reason is their heavy distrust of you from previous games. Which is ridiculous but something you have to accept, I guess. Now Kai, since I believe you're pro-town, here's what you should do, it's obvious you're not going to get enough support for a mayor position.

Out of the remaining strong (somewhat) candidates, Ashaya seems more pro-town...err is practically pro-town. I have no clue why Castiel has garnered so many votes and am not sure of his innocence. What you can do Kai, is change your vote to Ashaya, and have those people voting for you change their votes as well. It is in the best interest of the town.

16. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

When I did my voting tally, I looked at who switched their votes, for whatever reason, and who didn't. The idea behind this is, of course, that since it's likely that one of those that want to be mayor are a witch, they will get the votes from their 4 fellow witches; and they are less likely to vote for a different mayor than their candidate (their votes won't switch). The same would be true for the warlock, if he was in the race.

A town mayor would mostly get randomly moving votes, however.

So anyway, what I got was this. People who never switched their votes:

Bloc Kai: (4) Kai, Fen, Gila.
    Bloc Castiel: (9) Castiel, kens, jas, Jon, Sneakthief (NP voted for himself, then moved to Castiel early).
    Bloc Ashaya: (7) dhulli
    Bloc Sesc: (1) Sesc​

Do you see what I see?

17. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fen rescinded Sesc, so I see you pointing at bloc Cas? and those names? I've not slept in a bit so I might be missing a beat.

18. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Ollie: Yeah, I just saw. My post was from before that, sorry.

And eh, it's certainly an interesting coincidence that those are just 5 names in Castiel's bloc. It probably is a coincidence, even -- but what's really interesting is that Castiel's got a hell of a lot votes that voted for him and only for him.

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

mfw campaign for self.

mfw doesn't get elected.

mfw votes for someone he feels is protown.

sescsfacewhen he herp derps.

20. KaiDASH

Dammit sleep, why you do this to me ;_;

If you think my plan is good and/or that I am town, you should show this in the only way that matters - Voting.

I can't decide whether you're scumbuddies with Castiel and are going with WIFOM as your farewell of choice or if you're scumbuddies with Ashaya and just made the worst move you could have possibly made.

So Castiel, explain the thought process behind post 75.

I'd typically have a question for Ashaya too, but her posts have been fluff-nocontent-central so yeah (how does she have 7 mayor votes?).