1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

The only problem with that, Sesc, is whether he is Pro-Town or Anti-Town, KaiDASH's plan is ultimately Pro-Town. Therefore, you would have to be a rather poor Judge to reveal yourself if he had fake-claimed, when you would have the free right to Judge-lynch him after the mentioned No-Vote, thus proving his falsehood in a guaranteed manner. That is, if he survives due to Warlock/Survivalist-as-Warlock-faction-Lover, then he is on the Warlock faction, and we know it.

...of course, that would be if you are the real Judge. As is, whether KaiDASH is actually the Judge or not, I simply can't believe that you yourself are actually the Judge, unless you really weren't thinking when you role-claimed. Either way, you are probably going to be dead or a target by either the town or the Witches, depending on who(and how) survives the No Lynch Judge-lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Edit: @ dhulli.... but didn't Ashaya already due a form of 'you fell for it' at least once already?:?

2. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Stop metagaming, it doesn't make the game any fun. If you want to become mayor, tell the town why they should vote for you. Having an incompetent town mayor isn't any better then having no mayor at all, could be worse even. Why do you deserve it? Offer to have the town vote to use your powers, or something. Or are you just going to threaten the town by giving up so they make you mayor? I know thats not the kinda person I want to give those powers to :l. What happens after you use the mayor power, are you going to stop trying again?

If you're just going to give up, give your role to one of the reserves who actually want to play.

Not really, the only way you are both equally suspicious is if you both role claimed at the same exact time. As it stands, the situation also counts into the objective observation. Other people could see it as you are more suspicious, as a couple people have.
    Thats not to say that I believe you're scum, though. I think Kai has more of a reason to have claimed and lied then you to be lying about the counter claim. However, just because I trust you more then Kai doesn't mean I trust you. I guess I could sorta understand why you counter-claimed, but it wasn't the smart thing to do, in my opinion. You should have waited and just killed Kai if you are the real judge; mayor role is a good sacrifice for Scum on day one, I think.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Dude, have you even met her?

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Oops, missed the extra page of posts. >_>

---------- Post automerged at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

That was directed at dhulli, by the way.

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Alright, completely leaving aside this game for a second, if we can do that.

Just from a general gameplay POV, no, I don't like Kai's plan. This is really all you need to know if you search for my motivations and can't find any. I don't like the plan, and so I chose to oppose it. Maybe it's a different plan to play or whatever, but it's not my plan; and if I have anything to say about it, we're not using it. End of.

It's as simple as that. I'm not scum, I just don't like the plan and -- talking about this game again -- I think Kai is highly suspicious already for proposing it, even before he "role-claimed". That is why I came out, afterwards (I wasn't on before, as I said in my post). I think I had a better plan; namely, get a Pro-Town Mayor, instead of a dead Mayor. And so far, I'd say it's working decently, since I got this out of it, if I may repost it:

Needs to adapted, since a few people voted since then, but the general point is clear, and I'm still waiting for reactions. So far, I got Jon herpderping, and Castiel saying it's a set-up. And a whole lot of silence. Make of that what you will.

Just remember this post after the game is over, and you'll realise what I said regarding myself is the entire truth. And hopefully, you'll remember it in the next game as well ;)

5. Aekiel

High Score:
    Hmm. From a purely objective point of view (or as much of one as I can get) your post makes sense. However, from in-game it just looks like you don't want to have to prove that you're the Judge. So while it's probably a good idea for Kai to not be Mayor (as the town's votes are suggesting), I still say we should let the lynch vote go to the Judge. That way we at least get rid of one liar.

6. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I just don't think Ashaya should get Mayor since she hasn't done or said anything that is pro-town. She's even gone as far as to say that she will roleclaim if she does not get Mayor.

(btw just entirely ignoring that she said she has pics, because that's outside the scope of the game)

Castiel, regarding post 75, I just wanted your general thoughts for when you posted that - I realize you had put the disclaimer there but as far as I'm concerned, disclaimers are scumtells since they give you an easy out if you're wrong. If you really do want me to point out a 'specific' line for you to go in to, I'm just going to quote the whole dam thing at you.

Also, if you really think your voters are scummy, vote for me instead? :awesome

But maybe there are others who also think "well I like how Kai sounds, but I don't think that he will get enough votes so I just won't vote for him entirely".

Tad has bussed his scumbuddy Sesc, how nice.

Good post! I like you. Currently I think that Sesc is the enchantress, which basically gives the Thrall no power and no roleclaim (as I'm 100% sure that if sesc is the enchantress, the lovers will be dead in very short order).

Well, if you and dhulli were voting for me (and maybe Fen too) I'd be reasonably competitive with both Castiel and Ashaya and not the joke option I am now.

How does revealing yourself benefit you if you really are the judge? Neither of us are getting Mayor (this benefits you if you ARE NOT the judge), and I was going to die if you are the Judge (since then obviously I could not be the Judge).

I think it's worthwhile looking at the people who suggested straight up lynching me, since that would neatly bypass the problem of Sesc not being judge - You don't have to do this now though, just do it after Sesc is revealed as scum (by dying to my hammer).

OH. OH OH OH OH. OH OH

I just thought of something GREAT thanks to you. Person who gets Mayor gives +life to the survivor out of Me and Sesc. This completely removes the potential for harm with the Mayor power and it leaves me open for being checked (since I have a higher chance of rolling warlock lovers or something? I STILL DO NOT GET THIS).

As for that other stuff, I think witch!Sesc does have something to gain here more than witch!me but the problem is they made a (several, actually) valuation error and have offered up the enchantress as their sacrifice witch - This makes me think that all/most of the coven were players not in Warlocks 1 because they would have seen the Enchantress win the game for witches there (the role specifically) and the coven is likely inexperienced generally since a witch dying on d1 is pretty huge..

As for the potential benefit that witch!Sesc gets out of fake-counterclaiming
    - Mayor jumps off me and goes back into the general population. It isn't hard for Witches to potentially manipulate the vote since they have 4 people.
    - People have a natural tendency to distrust me, Sesc is simply benefiting from that.

Now, for the potential benefits I get out of fake-claiming *first*
    - ... ??? HIDDEN JUDGE KILLS ME ??
    - Mayor power dies with me

Seriously. Consider what possible advantage could be gained by me fake-claiming judge? My plan as stated even gives the 'real' Judge the correct thing to do with a fakeclaim, so Sesc, if he was the Judge, has 0 reason to claim as such since my 'lies' would implode on me at the end of the day, before any lasting damage is done.

All Sesc roleclaiming (if he is the judge) does is give the witches a default kill if they don't have any rolereads for stronger roles. Like, day 1 witch kill with no town roles revealed is just so amazing that Sesc would surely realize this and not pointlessly counterclaim if he were the judge.

Sesc's claim, if he really is the Judge is -ev town. Sesc is not a stupid player and I don't believe that he would have any problem with secretly lynching me if he actually were the judge.

--

Also, yay waking up and reading ~45 posts.

7. Aekiel

High Score:
    Read the crowd, dude. Even if dhulli, Fen and I voted for you, you've polarised the rest of the players against you, if not to the point where they think you're scum, at least to the point where they're not willing to trust you.

8. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

What happens after I become mayor is that town wins. And yeah, I thought it was clear that I'd let town choose how I use my power. What happens after I stop giving a fuck isn't that I stop playing. You thought I was trolling before? Wait till castiel wins, I will be even worse.

And yeah, dhulli makes a good point. I don't post like this when I'm scum. I wouldn't troll a game I actually enjoy. I don't know why he's posting in my defense so fervently, but I do appreciate it. I've made every single one of my posts on my phone due to my broken computer, perhaps one reason why my posts seem weird. I speak differently (lazily) when on my phone because its such a hassle. Plus its hard to quote and respond to people, so I don't do that. In any case, no, no I wouldn't say I'd post tits if I wasn't scum if I was actually scum. To those who said I could be the warlock, believe me, I'd be lurking like I typically do if that was the case. Obviously I'm not going to convince you all.

FUCK MY LIFE, I WROTE THRICE THAT MUCH AND MY PHONE ATE IT ALL. it was all really important, and it took me like an hour because my phone freezes and lags. Long story short, not gonna convince people of my innocence due to past games. So, people who voted for me, vote for dead Kai mayor or scum Castiel mayor. I'd go with Kai.

I can't wait to see who you sheep pick.

9. Sesc

Lol. Enchantress? Enchanting, maybe D8. Kai, if, for some odd, schizophrenic reason, you actually think what you write. For all your undeniable competence, your problem is that you are way to strict in your +ev/-ev mindset. Mafia isn't all about logic.

I didn't like your plan, didn't like you being suspicious, didn't like you claiming the Judge, so I didn't play ball.

And you won't hear me saying anything else.

10. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

....>_>
    Sesc, are you saying that you're not the Judge?

11. Sesc

No. I'm trying, even though I'm not exactly sure why, to explain to Kai (Edit: and to Aek and Fen and Gila and whoever else thinks I'm scum, I guess) how I am the Judge, and still think it perfectly valid to reveal myself, so that this reasoning

just flies out of the window.

12. Aekiel

High Score:
    Again, either you or Kai will be proven right at the end of the day, so can we move on now and just pick the damn mayor?

13. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

So, we have four bandwagons going right now.

The Judge roleclaimers:
    Kai
    Sesc

The other two:
    Castiel
    Ashaya

I shouldn't have to argue that two of these bandwagons are done by two different factions.

It should also be clear that the Witches are not part of either Judge votes. They do not have a role that can withstand a Judge vote, and as many have said getting rid of the Mayor abilities is not worth it for the witches.

It should also be clear that the Rogue Warlock is one of the Judge roleclaimers. He can survive a judge lynch and giving his thrall an extra life is worth risking revealing himself.

So either Kai is Judge or Rogue Warlock, same with Sesc.

And Castiel is either Town or a witch, same with Ashaya.

I think the Thrall getting an extra life is more of a risk than a Witch, so my vote will only go to the nonJudge role claimers.

The reason why I am staying with Castiel is mostly because of my reasoning above and this: I think the Witches started a bandwagon after it became clear to them that the Warlock was going for the Mayor role.

If that theory is true then Ashaya is suspect. Castiel started campaigning before Kai or Sesc role claimed. While Ashaya only started her campaign after both roleclaimed.

But also its how the two have acted that has kept my vote where it is. Castiel has offered his thoughts about what is happening in the game, and answered questions well when asked.

Ashaya, on the other hand, has only asked people to vote for her, threatened, "bribed", red truthed, and overall tried as hard as she can to get votes except do something that helps town beyond her campaign.

I cannot be 100% certain that Castiel is town this early in the game, but everything is telling me that Ashaya is not.

14. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Sesc, explain how the current situation (Both Castiel/Ashaya scummy/frontrunner mayor candidate) is better than me getting mayor then dying as a confirmed scum (note: <-- only applies if Sesc is actually the Judge)?

Also... If you actually are the Judge, how is this

A reason at all, since you'd know that I am lying regardless of my actions in thread.

---------- Post automerged at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

double post

fuck have to go but no Necrule you're wrong mor later

15. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Isn't that what politicians are supposed to do?

Seriously though I've already said that every single one of my posts are written on my phone. Sorry if I fail at formulating well thought posts using a phone. It's frustrating when my browser forcecloses and I lose everything. In any case the mayor is bound to die early, so at least this way I'm killed off...

16. Sesc

@kai: Simple, there's only one Witch-candidate, because backing two would stretch resources too far, and everything points to that being Castiel; so we now have a real chance at getting a Town-Mayor. And as for your quote, it was a chronological enumeration (look to my prior post) -- I disliked your plan and your hedging about it the moment I read it, and obviously, that came with me becoming suspicious of you.

I agree with the Warlock, but the rest makes no sense. It makes no sense that the Witches would start the entire bandwagon only after we roleclaimed, because they couldn't have known that we would; and they'd obviously want a Witch-candiate, so they had to start early. Bringing a late candidate risks either that they've got no chance, or are under heavy scrutiny, when suddenly a new candidate pops up.

So no, they were with us from the start, and, indeed, the fact that Ashaya came late makes her less suspicious, not more. Plus the fact that she picked up votes from all over the place, which would mean the witch-votes were all over the place -- and now that makes even less sense then bringing in a late candidate.

17. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

So. many. words.

I was really hoping some people other than Sesc and Kai would step up and say some things. These drawn out fights are getting less cute now.

Kai- Your plan makes sense. I would argue it isn't a good plan but it makes sense. However, my reluctance(and many others) remains because, like I said, 45 minutes is barely a second in mafia time. A handful of people spoke up, a handful, and you went ahead. Maybe you were just eager, but I'm sorry. No. You should have waited for more opinions. You could always disprove the whole reluctant judge thing later on.

Sesc- We get it, you opposed kai's plan. I'm not convinced you overreacted, especially considering, if you are judge, you will be lynching him by the end of today. I'm assuming you're voting no lynch, as there's no reason not to.

This. So much.

18. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sesc makes a good point and I may not be on for another good... 12 to 24 hours, based off what we know I'd like to put in deadline vote if fiat is ok with it? need your input buddy.

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Ollie you're going to vote for Sesc even though he has like what? 4 votes?

Also, can we please get an official vote count >_> IDK if Fiat or Vira have been on (if not sorry for bitching) but it would help :l

20. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I've sent Fiat a message, but I'm going to have to bail out of this game. There's been a family emergency, which is going to suck up a lot of free time over at least the next week or two.

Good luck all, and for the record I'm claiming that I was the Chocobo Breeder.