1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrowjoe

Arrowjoe Auror

Cue mass re-read of the last 100 posts to see what the fuck one guy got and the rest of us missed.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll just wait until someone quotes it.

3. oephyx

oephyx Headmaster DLP Supporter

Suddenly seems relevant.

4. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Ah, so Santi was influenced by Infamous.

5. Teapot

Teapot Third Year

That's bloody retarded, and I doubt Santi would use something that has been recycled so damn many times to ruin such a :awesome story. God, this had better not be the case.

Edit for irrelevance: snip.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  6. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Clearly. The idea of Calypso being barren has been brought up dozens of times.

7. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Oh, turns out this is all a plot by Neville's toad Trevor - it obviously wants to get into Calipso's knickers, with Krum's bitch of a girlfriend on the side.

Hermione's too bush down south, for Trevor's tastes.

What? Seems more plausible than some of the theories spouted off by Syed.

8. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

All this talk of Hermione and her hairy bush has got me back to thinking about how Calypso burned her letter to Harry. A jealous Calypso is a hot Calypso and I really hoping for some interactions between Harry, Hermione, and Calypso just for that reason.

Along with that I have this strange little idea in my head about Lilly intentionally or unintentionally trying to direct Harry towards Hermione. Completely oblivious to how Harry's brother feels about Hermione. I think this idea comes from the fact that I believe that Lilly connects more with Harry than Nathan and sees Hermione to be very similar to herself and subconsciously puts them together. Or it could be all this talk of Syed and people acting like him has warped my precious little mind.

Even so I'm still hoping for some positive Harry, Hermione interactions and some jealous Calypso moments.

9. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Unlike grammar? :p

Guys, we're going to get warned for derailing. I'm apologizing in advance.

On topic:

I too, like a jealous-Calypso - there seem to be women who are most attractive when they are vindictive bitches.

I'm looking for something far more cathartic than "good relations" between Harry and Hogwarts. I want flames to fly, and I want him to demonstrate his superior firepower in a way that makes his ex-classmates seem entirely incompetent without breaking a rule. I want to see him smug as a snake.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  10. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

It would be nice to see a Calypso very jealous of the relationship between Harry and Hermione, that could trigger a strange friendship between two girls (when it is discovered the break between Viktor and Kira, and Hermione is Viktor's companion in the Yule Ball).

I loved the detail that finally pushes Harry to accept Calypso's offer so that let her into his mind to place a false memory, that is the catalyst that he sees to his former colleagues that he absolutely despises was quite a success for Santi.

I am glad to know that Santi used quite Rita in the next chapters. I think it will do much good for the plot of the fic.

And as Mr. Rosier, I hope Santi put it in the next chapter, where we could see his reaction to the events at Halloween.

11. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

Yes, let the flames fly, let the enemies squeal , and let the girls cream their panties in the face of Harry's awesomeness. I think all were going to get though is those former classmates trying to get into Harry's good graces and having him blow them off or throw a few curses their way.
    This is one of those things that has been bugging me about the Yule ball. While it is canon that Hermione goes to the Yule ball with Viktor, do you guys really believe that's what's going to happen in this story? I mean beyond knowing that Nathan has a confirmed crush on her, which will probably lead him to asking her to the Yule ball. Don't you think Harry's relationship with them is going to factor some into this. At this particular age group don't you think their would be some friction or some weirdness if Krum asked Hermione out. I mean if an older friend of mine asked out a girl my age when I was 14, that would have weirded me out a bit. In fact their would have been some instinctive and perhaps possessive baulking at the very idea. When you add that Harry knows how Nathan feels about her and Harry's own muddy relationship and interactions with her(which I'm hoping gets fleshed out a little). I just don't see it happening.

Beyond that it would somewhat tickle me if Harry had falling out with Calypso and ended up asking Hermione to the dance in spite of his brother. With Viktor and Calypso going to the dance together and getting into one of those one upping, getting the other one jealous, contests on the dance floor with Harry and Hermione. With Kira having a nuclear meltdown in the background.:awesome

12. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

I don't. I suspect Viktor will be going with Fleur, assuming he has broken up with Kira by that point.

Nathan does not have a confirmed crush on Hermione. Harry thinks he does, but he could very easily be wrong.

13. bastur2

bastur2 DA Member

A new topic...

In the Last part, Calypso changes the language the discussion is being made, to discus the use of dark magic without the knowledge of nathan and hermione.

But, correct me if I am wrong, wasn't hermione learning german to be able to read Harry's spell creation book .

I believe Calypso's intent wasn't meet in full.

Edited.

Besides, didn't Hermione watch Draco's intimidation by Harry?
    I believe her attitude in relation to the durstrang crowd will be anything but amicable in the long run.

14. cenares

cenares Fourth Year

Well to be fair you don't necessarily need the ability to speak and understand the speech of a language in order to understand the writing, it helps, but it's not necessary. I have an aunt who can read German, but couldn't hold a conversation to save her life.

15. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I can read a little French, but I can't converse in it to save my life. Accents plus the speed of talking mess me up significantly -- but it's possible that Hermione is just one of those people for whom languages come remarkably easily, especially with that charm. I don't think we can 100% assume whether Hermione has learned enough German to understand by this point or not. I can't really see her keeping quiet about it if she had overheard it though.

As for the Yule ball, why did someone say they expected Viktor to go with Fleur? Why? The only thing I can remember about Fleur in this story is that Harry pointed her out to Viktor. Granted it might be a turn on for Fleur that Viktor is more immune to her abilities than most men, but that's about it so far. Technically you could say that this was true in canon as well, since Viktor's resistance to Veela came from playing for his national team.

I think Hermione is more likely than ever. Viktor originally liked that fact that she really didn't care about his Quidditch fame, right? Or that was part of it? This time around too Viktor will have more chances to actually interact with and befriend Hermione because of Harry. Though that could work both ways -- overexposure to Hermione might push him to Fleur, etc.

I am damned curious what's going to happen to Kira. Are they just going to break up? Is she going to die somehow? Going to go all vindictive on someone's ass and get expelled?

Man, looking forward to this.

16. CosmosGravitation

Why have Harry point her out to Viktor - by shouting across the table, no less - if it isn't going to be relevant? Plus Kira was jealous. If it was just to introduce Fleur, Harry could have talked to Calypso about her, so I suspect Viktor and Fleur will be involved with something together.

So not really anything concrete, just a guess.

17. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Why does it matter how he pointed it out? Harry has an... issue, with Veela, as we saw at the World Cup. I read that scene as Harry warning Viktor about her as quickly as possible. I don't see why it would imply or foreshadow a future relationship.

Kira is jealous of everyone who has shown interest in Viktor since his rise to fame, it's not like being jealous is something new for her character.

18. CosmosGravitation

Like I said, it's just a feeling.

Why would Harry need to warn Viktor about a Veela? She's a student, hardly an immediate threat, and Harry already knows Viktor has developed resistance to Veela's.

We're told Kira has been jealous, but unless I'm forgetting someone Fleur is the first named character we've seen her display jealously over. I'm guessing that means something, but I could be wrong.

19. oephyx

oephyx Headmaster DLP Supporter

I also thought the way the feast was written foreshadowed some Viktor/Fleur. Clearly Kira and Krum are going to break up, and the way Fleur was mentioned in the scene seemed suspect. If Viktor is to have another romantic interest, Fleur would be a good divergence from canon. Also, for no particular reason, I would expect the Santi to tie her romantically to either Harry or Viktor, and Harry seems unlikely. That said, I don't care who goes to the Yule ball with whom.

Also, it would be a shame if Kira didn't play a significant part, at least as Calypso's rival. She's a well built OC, I would be surprised if she vanished. An epic death scene might do. Calypso could do it.

20. Euro

Euro Sixth Year DLP Supporter

It would definitely be interesting to see if, some innocent comments from Hermione, or even Lily (If she shows up once Harry's name comes out of the Goblet), maybe a little teasing competition from Fleur, mixed with Kira's spitefulness would push Calypso over the edge. Personally, I hope she takes it out on Ron and Malfoy. That would be fun.
    Hoping for a blow-out that would maybe reveal Calypso's secret.

Not open for further replies.