1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I can no longer tell if some of these posts are sarcastic troll posts, or what people actually feel like the direction the story should take.

Anyways, here's mine interpretation!
    There will definitely be nice tension between Fleur, Kira, Hermione, Lily, and Calypso. They will be at a courtyard, having their struggle. But at this point, Harry will gallantly walk in and calm everyone down. Impressed with the brilliant aura Harry is exuding at this point, they will all try to seduce Harry now (including Lily of course). The problem with Kira, is that she is actually a tsundere and will be annoying to Harry. But with Harry's new legilimency prowess, he will venture into Kira's mind, find the trapped girl, and free her from her burdens. This will allow Kira to speak what is on her mind more, mainly how much she loves Harry. Calypso, of course, will want to shoo away competitors (especially Fleur, who she believes is using her veela powers). This will lead to plenty of conflicts but eventually the girls will all make up to each other.

2. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

WITH HAWT LESBIAN SEX AMIRITE

content-edit: I agree with the people saying that Hermione doesn't seem like a realistic romantic prospect for Harry. While this story shares elements with canon, it's also vastly different, and it's hard to see how this Viktor would fall for Hermione. Viktor/Fleur is also a bit iffy. I'll admit that I need to go reread the feast scene, but when I read the first post about it I wasn't sure if the poster was joking or not. It just seemed to come out of left field.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  3. Beonid

Beonid Seventh Year DLP Supporter

What the fuck is a tsundere?

I'm just going to put this out there: Viktor dumps Kira, and vows to stay a life-long bachelor, because intimate relationships are too much effort for not enough gain.

4. EinStern

EinStern Seventh Year

There's something wrong with your profile. It indicates you've been on the Internet for over three years by now, but this is clearly not the case. Son, I am disappoint. :colbert:

More seriously, here's an explanation for what a tsundere is.

5. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Or how about... Viktor dumps Kira for Hermione, and they kill each other, somehow. Would be fun to watch :3

6. gullibleoats

gullibleoats Seventh Year

One thing I don't get is why Grindelwald didn't test into third year charms. It seems to me that enchanting and warding were his specialties.

7. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

Harry, a prodigy that excels in charms, got into third year classes. Grindelwald, despite being a brilliant warder and enchanter, wasn't at that level when he started school. It's more then likely that he just missed out on third year charms and was placed into second year charms.

8. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Every time this happens people swarm the thread with posts like "sonofabitch" or "pissed /10char."

That's more annoying than the guy who posted in the first place.

Anyway, first task. will santi stick to canon or diverge into awesome new tasks, Y/N?

9. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

To be honest I would rather that Santi not get bogged down in the 4th year stuff. This isn't a 4th year fic. If that means he has to keep the original tasks then so be it.

10. Kalypso

Kalypso Second Year

I think Santi will keep the original tasks, but Harry's (should there even be an apostrophe, I'm never sure with those) performance will be much more awesome.

The tasks themselves were pretty cool - JKR just made Harry into an idiot and that was the disappointing thing about them in the books.

I'm asuming here that Harry will be picked as a champion. His plan sounds pretty good and with all the trouble and pain he will be going through to prove himself I think the goblet wont find a better candidate.

P.S. I agree that all the comments bitching about one idiot are more annoying then the idiot himself. Six posts about him, seriously :facepalm

11. Sigurd

Sigurd DA Member

IIRC canon events at Hogwarts have been completely identical to the books. Even when Harry was at Hogwarts first semester he had no effect on them. However, I also believe that Harry is so wildly different from canon now that the tasks may be different simply based on how he's affected his schoolmates' progress, and by extension Karkaroff's approval of the tasks.

12. Nargles

Nargles Seventh Year

I agree with Howdy. Santi should stick to canon Tasks. True, we've all been waiting for fourth year since the fic started, but for me, it has never been about the tasks themselves. It's always been about how people react to Harry dating Kalypso, being friends with Krum, and generally him being better than everyone else at magic. I would like for him to be a champion just to see (again) how people react. The tasks themselves are secondary. I'm also interested in the aftermath of Voldemort's resurrection. (If he is resurrected at the end of the TriWizard Tournament.) I wanna see what Harry decides to do in the war againt Voldemort, and I definitely wanna see his descent into the Dart Arts.

Overall, I don't think Santi should concentrate too much on the Tasks themselves. Sure, he should give them the attention they deserve. Afterall, should Harry be a Champion, then I wanna see some badass magic. Not some aerobatics, and definitely not some "Neville-saves-the-day" shit.

On a side note, I also wonder why this fic hasn't been updated on FFN.

13. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Don't think the tasks will be the focus, and for that reason I think that we will see new solutions to the original tasks. The point of this year, in my opinion, is to really show the reader just how different Harry has become from Nathan, I have a feeling we're going to see both brothers chosen as champions and that this will create some animosity between the two as this tournament is supposed to be Harry's time to shine. If anything, this tournament should will be the wedge that drives Harry further away from his family.

14. 4arms

4arms Second Year

The final straw might be Harry's decision to stay in Drumstrang even after the resurrection of Lord Voldemort....and his deepening dark arts training in order to be strong for his brother.

15. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It'll take a shitload more than Harry staying at Durmstrang to stop Lily and James loving the shit out of him. They might try to insist he return to Hogwarts and he'll not like that. He might draw away from them, possibly relying on Romulus or Krum's parents? It'd be a nice mirror of Sirius.

16. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Who's to say that Lily and James ever stop loving him? Just because Harry is a dark wizard doesn't mean to me that he has to go off the deep end like Voldemort and his lackeys.

You're probably thinking of the bunny!snake!pillow transfiguration breakthrough bit. There was quite a bit of discussion about it way back when. Doesn't really bother me the way it turned out.

17. 4arms

4arms Second Year

He doesn't have to rely on anyone...he has his own secret account...also it seems that he has made up his mind to travel in order to learn old magic.

Daily Prophet might label him as a dark wizard who is following in Grindewald's footsteps when they are trying to subdue Nathan and Albus

18. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

I think I'd kind of like to see Romulus confront James and Lily at some point. It seems like something he would do to test Harry.

You know, at some point after one of the tasks when Harry's with his family he shows up to "see Calypso", and Harry winds up having to introduce him to his family.

"Mum, Dad. This is my Dark Arts professor, Romulus Rosier, Calypso's father."

It would be interesting.

19. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

I got the impression Romulus lives in Germany or wherever because he'd be a wanted man in England. He didn't face trial and get off like other DEs. He got severely injured and left while people assumed he was dead.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  20. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't see that, given that he's a wanted man. He would have great difficulty moving freely around in England as a result. I can see him turning up in disguise and Harry having to do a non-introduction to his parents. Maybe "And this is Calypso's...guardian" or "This is my Dark Arts instructor" and handily leave out the name or some such.

Not open for further replies.