1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Sooo...wait 28 hours and see again? Only problem is we do not know if desperado is alive or not. Do we want to try and lynch Ollie fast and see if tad really was his Thrall?

2. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Ollie still gets the opportunity to soulsteal IIRC - if we lynch before his 28 hours are up, the game is put on hold for him to attempt a soulsteal. Only if he refuses/fails does the lynch go through.

So, yeah, waiting 28 hours again seems to be the best option. Unless Ollie makes his move earlier...

3. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

There's really no point doing much anything until we see if Ollie soulsteals succesfully since that will determine what we do. Until that happens we have to be pretty careful even with discussion so that he doesn't get any clues for more roles. So it would be pretty cool if Ollie tried to soulsteal like any time soon, plx?

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    If the ss is successful, can the Desperado still kill him? I‘d rather we all refrain from lynching at this point to give the Desperado time.

And what about Ollie‘s offer? Should we consider it?

5. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

/10characters

6. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

What are we waiting for?

Only one way to find out if tad was thrall.

Lynch Vote: Ollie

7. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Castiel, he can still soul steal, so we must wait 28 hours regardless.

Theres 2 options.. I guess. Either the thrall is dead and didn't dance or he didn't dance on purpose. I'm leaning toward that he died, BUT it would be beneficial to the Warlock if the thrall "pretends" to be dead, Ollie "forgets" to log on and soul steal, and then the lynch bounces, narrowing down the town more, giving the Warlock greater chance of a win.

I think, though, that that's a long shot. What do you guys think? Discounting all that, a Desperado kill will kill Ollie dead :l So... on second thought that doesn't even matter. LOL. If ollie doesn't soul steal in 28 hours, desperado should probably kill him quickly...

8. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Castiel what?

Ollie gets a soul steal anyway.

Now we have to wait 28 hours. Here is what I propose for today and any other day Ollie is alive.

SS successfull - Lynch someone else
    SS unsuccessfull - Desperado Lynch Ollie

This is because we don't know whether Tad was the thrall, so to be safe and make sure Ollie is killed, the Desperado should Desperado lynch him.

If the Desperado isn't forth coming thenwe should lynch Ollie ourselves.

9. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Rules. Read them.

The answer's no, otherwise Soul Steal would be kind of meaningless.

10. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

tad was the thrall. Sesc was the dancer and that is why the dancer didn't dance.

11. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

D:
    Why?

Why did you do that?

12. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

As Draconian pointed out to me yesterday, the real Thrall could be playing a trick on us.

We're all fixated on Tad being the Thrall, but what was the reasoning behind our thoughts? Not voting to lynch Ollie. Not hugely convincing.

I went along with it because there wasn't a better target, not because he was definatly the Thrall

13. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Well so it is another waiting game. Should we halt all discussion until Ollie tries to SS or declines from SS'ing? I don't mind doing that.

14. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Why would we halt discussion? There's still witches to fry. Come forth witches so that we may burn you at the stake, does the loss of innocent life not bother you such? Are you so far detached from humanity? I say we plan on lynching someone, when/if Ollie comes out/his time limit is reached, we can deal with that later.

For now though, I am suspicious of Castiel. Someone else being the Priest means his accidental slip up of a "she" priest was a well fabricated lie. Were the witches privvy to his scheming though? Apparently yes, because the witches didn't move to NK the "she". This leads to either him being a witch or the witches seeing through his 'trickery' . I find the latter unlikely. So yeah, pretty suspicious of Castiel.

15. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

I can see that. The other thing we should note is why did the witches not NK Warlock immediately when he failed an SS on Jon. And if Castiel knew the real identity of the witch, how did Ollie know? Are Castiel and Ollie in league with one another? Are the witches and the Warlock faction somehow in league? It becomes more and more curious.

Personally I feel draconian and Eternity Lost are the most scummy. Both seem borderline lurker which always gives me a scum vibe be it Thrall or witch. And if they are not, then they are also not contributing much in terms of pro-town discussion/action so lynching them would not be too disastrous.

---------- Post automerged at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

Double post - These two also raise my suspicion of possibly being Thrall as draconian didn't vote to lynch Ollie at all and Eternity Lost switched his vote last - over an hour after Ollie had gotten majority for lynch.

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I think Ollie‘s offer has some merit. How about this for today Monsier Warlock: You ss a witch, and we leave you alone for the time being.

17. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

How about this?

If you Soul Steal a witch we'll leave you alone for today.

Jas, I was the guy who killed Ollie. Just saying.

18. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

My mistake. I got confused by the edit post for the tallying of the votes. Still last one to jump on board though for that lynch.

Anyways, anyone else got any potential scum candidates or want to add to what I wrote? We should get some discussion happening if we have to wait for Ollie anyway.

19. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

Personally, I’m against accepting Ollie’s offer. I don’t know about anyone else but him figuring out that Necrule was the priest pretty much confirmed it for me that I definitely don’t want him hanging around just getting more and more info. Castiel, there's no point in attempting to vote to lynch him until we know he failed a soulsteal. Anyways, I agree that we shouldn't really be talking much until after he soulsteals or fails so I’ll check back in tomorrow(real life time) I guess.

---------- Post automerged at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Not sure why a lot of the newer posts didn't show up at first for me on refresh. If Ollie really wants to soulsteal witches great, I just don't think we should start giving him free passes if he's "attempting" and failing to soulsteal them.

Eternity's my main suspect for being scum, his posts late day one are why. Him and tad were my main suspects for thrall but I'm fairly sure Eternity isn't since I doubt the thrall would be advocating a desperado lynch on Ollie today. That said I'm hopeful that the thrall is in fact dead, I'm not confident enough to argue against a desperado lynch though.

Jas if you really want I can adress your concerns, but would rather us not get sidetracked.

20. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

What did I do late day one that got you pissed at me Draconian? As far as I remember all I did on Day 1 was vote Castiel for Mayor.

What do you mean about me being borderline lurker? I have more posts than 9 alive players and one of those is you Jas.

Now a witch list: Jas, Draconian, jwlk, moridin and Republic21

Jas - Slightly warped reasoning and pressing for me to get lynched at the same time as Draconian.

Draconian - It seems like you have communication with Jas. You may be lovers but I think you're communicating. His subtle deflection of Jas's concerns is fishy.

jwlk - He just seems so strange. I can't imagine a town role playing like he is.

Moridin - Something about him just rubs me the wrong way. He seems to appear and disappear, without really saying anything new, and posts alot.

Republic21 - It may just be his creepy avatar straring at me, but I think he's scum. His attack on Ollie was strange, even though he turned out to be the Warlock. I don't know - maybe Necrule checked Ollie and the Demon found out?

I've probably made myself 5 enemies for the duration of this game. I can't bring myself to care though.

To prempt another line of attack - It's no coincidence that they are the one's who've been attacking me. We tend to look harder when it's us they're gunning against.