1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Innomine, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

I ordered mine from Amazon.com, and my estimated ship date is December 22nd. There are numerous instances where customer support, and Stephen Reid himself said, even promised that there would be a grace period post launch so people having their copies shipped could continue playing until they got their copy and could input the code. So I didn't purchase next day shipping, and my delivery date is December 27th to Jan 2nd.

With no grace period, now I'm going to be given early access, only to have it taken away for another week to two weeks. It's not so much that I'll have to wait. If I was THAT desperate I'd go buy another copy. It's the fact that Bioware and EA keep changing their minds, usually to the detriment of their players.

(SWTOR.com is down right now, but I have a link with proof of a promised grace period. I'll edit when I get home from work.)

2. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

No need to unearth the link, I know about the grace period issue. The time I spend on that forum is fucking insane.

Before forums went down I saw someone with a similar problem to yours, he was calling Amazon customer service to try and sort it out, site went down before he could update the situation though. Might be worth a call?

3. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Hey.. do you know since when redeeming you preoder code was possible?

4. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Since the possibility to pre-order was possible.

I redeemed mine within a couple hours, and know folks who redeemed their's within minutes.

5. Erandil

And when was preeodering possible?

6. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

July 21st was the earliest

7. Myduraz

8. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

lol $10 says they're gonna try and create private servers like they do with WoW.

9. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I saw on reddit that some people from Australia convinced amazon to email them their game codes on the day it gets sent out(20th/21st).

I'm delighted that the EA got extended to 7 days. Everybody get's at least 3 days now.

Interesting statistics.

[​IMG]
    ^ is only physical sales in NA.
    I preordered after about 3 hours of playing, but I really feel unlucky. The people who got invited to the general beta testing knew the game was awesome and as such got to preorder before almost everybody >_<

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  10. Skykes

Early access starts tomorrow at noon. How many of you will be playing?

11. gamingguru

gamingguru Fourth Year

Did they already send out the emails for who gets in tomorrow? If so, I guess I didn't get in for the first day QQ.

Anyone have a server picked out? My guild got assigned to Shadow Hand, but I'd roll an alt to play with some DLP'ers.

12. Skykes

Emails will get sent out in 9 hours afaik. I believe they send them out as, or right before early access starts.

13. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I'll be playing Empire on Hedarr Soongh with some guys I played Rift with.

Should be good times. I ordered early November so I don't expect to start until the weekend, but I guess we'll see. Supposedly a lot of people never bothered to redeem their early access codes or were confused about how to do it.

I have a number of guildies who pre-ordered day 1 so hopefully they'll be able to give me more info when they start tomorrow.

Edit 12/13:

Servers are now live. If you placed your pre-order early I'd suggest trying to log in. Don't wait on their slow as hell emails to get to you.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  14. Dnarg

Dnarg Squib

^ Truth. My e-mail was about half an hour late. Got on Death Wind Corridor server at 7:20 am. Definitely not as populated as beta weekends. No lag either.

15. Skykes

Fuck you both >_<

16. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Didn't get an email, but i got in on the second wave, the one at around 8:40

17. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

I didn't pre order till the 25th so hopefully I'll be in on the 3rd/4th wave. Also, sneaky Blizzard, got an e-mail essentially saying "Look new patch! Here's a free 7 days that happens to coincide with the start of swtor early access...."

18. Erandil

Is it normal that my launcher says that there is no active subsription on this account?
    I have redeemed my pre-oder code and played the beta with no problems..

Hm... redeemed my code on the 1 August.. so the chances are good that I can start this we...

19. Myduraz

I redeemed pre-order code on the 24th of July. I'll give you a pm when I get in as a bit of forewarning if you wish.

Yes it is normal. Until your account gets greenlighted for EA it'll say that. Once EA ends it'll once again say that untill you buy the game and pay a subscription.

20. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

Last wave was the end of 21st, most of 22nd and some of 23rd from what I can tell on the reddit thread, here's hoping that the last wave for today is 23rd/24th and 25th since Stephen Reid said pre-orders dropped of sharply after the 21st.