1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Innomine, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

That seems quite light for abilities.
    My druid in WoW had something like 60 binds that I used relatively often.
    My rogue had somewhere around 80 after the focus macros.
    This was all for pvp though, my pve rotations were bound entirely to the 4 mouse buttons.

Having 21 binds in a regular tank rotation sounds really interesting. I will have to try it out after I try both specs of the consular and inquisitor, the gunslinger, the commando, and the mercenary.

2. The Silent Knight

The Silent Knight Seventh Year

And this is why I'll never be any kind of hardcore MMO player.

3. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well unfortunately, because of the way a lot of the abilities are made/balanced/timed... it's really very clunky. I have no problem with complex characters (I mained an Enchanter in Everquest an an Affliction Warlock in World of Warcraft).... So long as the payoff is there. Right now? It isn't.

Even the Devs have said they see it and that the Juggernaut is the FIRST AC to be getting attention/reworking from them.

I'll try to keep the forums updated with news and changes.

4. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

I'm lvl 26 at the moment with my Jedi Sage. While the start in Tython was meh, I'm beginning to enjoy the game.

What are you playing, out of curiosity?

5. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Origin was dumb and sent me an extra game key.

Who's been a good boy this year?

6. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Me <<<<<

Well not really but I still want the key.

7. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

Careful - you have one "pre-ordering" key, but later you'll receive a second "final" key which you need to activate the game.

Hope you don't give away you're "final" key or you're screwed ;-)

8. Absolutista

Absolutista Fifth Year

Im mad. Damn EA wont take my money.

FUCK

9. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    So far I've got a 27 Sith Juggernaut, a 20 Sith Assassin and a 15 Mercenary. They've all got interesting storylines, and funny characters (though Vette, the Juggernaut's first companion, annoys me.)

I'm thinking of starting a trooper or a smuggler on the republic side.

10. Dnarg

Dnarg Squib

Got a 46 Sith Sorcerer here, and I love the story line for the Inquisitor.

I've been solo questing mostly and I really do feel like I'm playing an extension of KoTOR. Shit is addicting.

How's everyone else enjoying it so far?

11. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I'm not. Fucking 3 hours downloading patches. This is some fucking bullshit.

edit: By patches, I mean assets, videos, and assorted other fucking nonsense that should have downloaded when I FUCKING INSTALLED THE GAME EARLY TO AVOID THIS BULLSHIT. I installed this game 3 days ago and now that I have a key and was able to log in, 20GB downloaded and counting.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  12. gamingguru

gamingguru Fourth Year

20gb's isn't patches. Thats the size of the entire game. For some reason, you're re-downloading the whole thing.

13. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

http://i.imgur.com/84DC9.png

Tried opening the game a dozen times since I downloaded it and installed it on Saturday, but this is the first time I have been able to start any updating, and it gives me this fucking bullshit.

14. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I think they are running low on bandwidth for their servers. It won't even let people purchase the game digitally, at least not in Ireland.

15. Absolutista

Absolutista Fifth Year

Not working for me either (Im brazilian). But at least I found a reseller that accepts paypal. Price is the same as the Origin store too. Google g2play dot net, if you're interested...

16. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

What Server is everyone on? Paimon, Zeph and I are on Jedi Convenant (Empire).

17. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Jung Ma (Empire). Which is an RP PvP server.

RP servers are full of RPers, sure, but they tend to have a more mature/literary crowd. Unfortunately Jung Ma is popular enough that a bunch of kiddies joined it too -eyeroll.-

@Churchey: That's really fucking odd, honestly. But yeah, it seems like something happend to the data you downloaded and installed before, because that's the game entirely re-installing, not just patching.

You get in finally?

18. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Got in around 4:30 my time, when I first logged in at 12:30. 4 hours of install. And that's at my parent's house with fiber optic internet service.

My computer can't handle this game though. I'm using my hp hdx model and with everything turned down it's pretty choppy most of the time. I handled wow on nearly max graphics just fine but this is giving me tons of issues.

Some gripes about the game:
    1. Ambiguity of some alignment choices. Sith Inquisitor/Warrior questlines involve one where you can find a guy's research or sabotage it. Sabotaging it to wrongfully discredit him is actually the good-side choice...da fuq?
    2. Miraluka-All of the fucking blindfolds are so retarded. Let's make the icon for the race a woman with a white cloth blindfold on, then have nothing similar as an option. Unless you want to go full-out headcover, your options are between really retarded sunglasses and buffalo bill style leather wear. Ruins all hopes I had for making a miraluka anything.

19. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

WoW release date: 23rd Nov 2004
    SWToR Release date: 20th Dec 2011

I think I found your problem..

On another note, does anyone know if anyone's compiled a list over the servers physical locations yet? EA and Bioware being paranoid dickfucks refuses and I'm not particularly keen on picking one randomly and ending up in lag-hell because some countries are assbackwards neanderthals that can't be arsed to build a decent infrastructure.

20. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

If you mouse over the options before clicking you should get a "Light" or "Dark" symbol in the middle of of your circle of choices. Makes it easy to at least know if you are going to get points for one or the other. I know that doesn't make up for your concern about the ambiguity, but at least it lets you know what you're doing so you don't have to worry about sorting out which one is which.