1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Innomine, Oct 22, 2008.

1. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Ambiguity in alignment choices is probably the biggest fix to one of the running jokes that is the Star Wars Universe (Kreia kind of set this up). Just because you give someone credits doesn't mean everything will pan out and your Mother fucking Teresa.

In this instance, there really isn't a "light sided" answer if your approach is, well, this guy wants a Rakata brain. I either help the master who is batshit insane and on a quest to find purity of essence within the Dark Side of the Force basically, or I go with the apprentice, who is very likely looking to eventually usurp her master but who nonetheless thinks this idea is stupid and doesn't want the Sith Order to suffer because of it.

On a micro level, they're both assholes, and they're both dark sided choices. On a macro level, the "let's not help the crazy fuck gain a super weapon for the dark side" is definitely the light sided choice.

But then again, you could argue that letting him get a super weapon that doesn't pan out and destroys the Sith Order from within might be the light sided choice. Or that neither are either. Which is intellectually stimulating at the very least. You argue against the game designer's choices still but I think these scenarios are far more deep than I'm accustomed to in a BioWare game.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  2. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

Preferences>User Interface>Chat Options> toggle "Show Conversation Alignment Gain" on and there will be a Light side/ Dark side icon at the end of chat options that give points.

Also I take back what I said about space missions, the level 40 Minefield mission is epic and you will die quite easily if you'r not paying attention.

3. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Space missions >,<

I ended up bugging out of the hoth planet arc due to some random shit according to CS, so I tried to level through pvp, instancing and spacemissions in order to continue.

Pvp exp is decent, instancing is great exp and I found out you can't really do spacemissions late lvl if you havn't done it early for ship upgrades or are willing to spend upwards 120-140k credits for upgrades. I'll do it once I hit 50 I suppose.

Only one level to go. Stupid server maintenance.

4. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

I've been able to do all the space missions up to and including the level 40 ones in tier 3 gear so far, I think he most important bit is you need to farm the earlier ones a bit to get the commendations for the power converter from imperial fleet. It's insanely use full and used right you will always have more firepower and more shield regen when you need it.

Just remember to prioritize threats and that your shield doesn't regenerate while your firing your blasters, so you'll need to half memorize spots with no hostiles so you can switch to shield generation.

5. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

The 45 ones are retardedly hard. I cant do them in the best vendor spacegear (at lvl 45)

6. Myduraz

I recently hit 50 so I'll probably give it a new go sometime soon, when Christmas is over and done with and I'll actually start playing again.

On a related note, congratulations to all who've chosen Inquisitor as a class. Epic story.

7. gamingguru

gamingguru Fourth Year

Only 30 so far, but I am really enjoying the inquis story. Lot of fun to be had.

8. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

43 in the Sith Inqui story and love it so far... The only thing that I miss is that my choices and alignment influences the companions like in KotoR (To be honest i would like a bit more interaction with those.. but it is a mmorpg so I can understand that I can´t have anything)

And I am the only one who finds treasure hunting better than slicing? Sure slicing gives money... but who needs that .. especially in the early lvls? Treasure hunting on the other hand gives a variety of things.

Ah and you can lose titles you get through your alignment... had dark 5( you lose lightside points if you have the darkside maxed out and get more darkside points) and then I choose one postive answer and my The Loathsome was lost :-(

9. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Hit 50 on my very first toon, a merc BH, a few hours ago.

Too bad the bh quest is still bugged and i cant do ilum, but ive been putting around with building up companion affection and such in the meantime.

The end of the first 2 acts was far more epic then the end of hte third bh act, sadly. Solo assaulting a battle cruiser is kind of old hat at that point.

10. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Personally....

I like money. :awesome

11. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

My sentinel is level 31, but since I picked up this game to play with friends I started a bounty hunter while I wait for them to catch up.
    He is currently 14, but having a healer as your first companion on a heavy armor class seems to make a large portion of the game a cake walk. I don't think I get a healing companion on my sentinel till around 40.

To me, it seems like they tried to make the trooper/bounty hunter extremely powerful and fun to play to compensate for not having lightsabers, and overshot it. Any type of aoe pack is a complete joke to them, whereas the sentinel has 1 aoe spell that does minimal damage. The operatives and smugglers seem very weak though, and extremely unpopular.

My friend's commando can dish out more, take more, heal more, and has better companions for all slots than I do. He had his 3rd companion by the end of Narshadaa (4th if you include the ship robot bastard) but I don't get mine for 2 more planets. So on top of being better at all roles than me, he is also able to run 3 slicing missions at a time while questing where I can only do 2. I'm keeping myself extremely well geared as I level, picking up prototype quality items from the AH with the large surplus of slicing credits, and also keeping my companions decently geared. Despite all of this, the leveling just gets slower and slower and I seem to have 0 capability of fighting difficult pulls solo. For him, he just kills everything easily while his companion keeps him healed. Gear? Well, his healer wears the same shit as him so he can just pass it on when he gets upgrades.

Maybe the combat spec is absurdly weaker than the watchman spec? I dunno, feels like the trooper/BH are a bit imbalanced for leveling at least. How is it at the 40s-50?

12. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Anyone playing Trooper here? How is it?

13. The Silent Knight

The Silent Knight Seventh Year

I have been, level 14 so far, it's been...okay. Nothing earth shattering but quite entertaining nonetheless.

14. Myduraz

I did the storyline up until Coruscant, and it's entertaining. As far as I can see at endgame, they're performing well aswell.

Though if you've been in the military, you'll be largely dissapointed by the end of the first planet if you mentally associate Havoc Squad with your real squad.

15. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

So for those who have played, which Light-side character would you suggest for a guy who likes skill spamming and AOE combat and will be partnering with a tank Consular-Shadow?

I'm thinking Consular-Sage right now.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  16. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

There really isnt an AOE centric class... I'd say go Trooper Commando though.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  17. Myduraz

Seeing as it's mirrored to Inquisitor Sorcerer, I'd say Consular Sage is quite AoE heavy whilst leveling. Didn't play Trooper past 10 so I can't make any judgements on what's 'better'.

My advice is still to try both classes to ~10ish to get a feel of them. You'll be seeing alot of your character and it's various ways.

18. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Slicing got nerfed in the new patch today, we have yet to see how badly it was nerfed... but I'm betting it was pretty heavily, considering how OP it was in comparison to other skills.

Honestly I'm enjoying the hell out of Biochem.

19. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Yeah so I haven't picked up my preorder yet..how long do they hold them for?

20. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    I'd pick it up soon.

Today.

Cause they'll give it away soon.