1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Innomine, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

The place shut at 5. I'll go up first thing tomorrow. If I've got the beta downloaded, will I need to do much more updates? I was in the second last beta, if that's any difference.

After tomorrow, say goodbye to my life! Good way to go.

2. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

I'd recommend a fresh install; only the latest beta build works though but even then it has some issues.

I'm 47 with my Sage. I'm glad they fixed the Operation frames in Battlegrounds. Now I can heal like a boss.

3. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

So, I'm sitting in Taris and I come across a body on the ground that can be activated called a 'Mysterious Defeated Jedi.' I click on him and out of no where a giant boss appears that stuns me for ten bloody seconds and kills me before I'm even able to move. Holy shit.

4. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Yeah... the same happened to me... was an interesting experience. It is a world boss... i also ran into the one on Nar-shaddar (If you do the Imp Bonus Series you have to walk across his territory) and thought that he had 50k instead of 500k hp... oh well it was a quick death. Did anyone ever kill one of them? What do they drop.. or do you get a title?

@Affliction
    Thx for the info... but now I will have to toss a coin to decide if I play Jedi-knight or Tropper.

5. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

My guild killed the Tatooine boss yesterday for shits and giggles (we have many high level players). Dropped 3 epics, 2 tanking pieces for juggernaut/powertech and a weapon upgrade, I think.

6. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

So I only just learned that orange pieces are completely identical besides their looks and can be upgraded throughout the entire game. Considering weapons normally cost 14 commendations but 3 upgrades (hilt/enhance/mod or barrel/enhance/mod) only cost 11, it's pretty safe to say I screwed my first character out of some easier gearing.

7. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

IIRC, at level 28 mako received a new ability: Electro-Stasis.

It's complete shit. 8 second stun that she has to channel. It could have its uses vs difficult elites or champion mobs that don't have cc immunity, allowing me 8 seconds to cool heat and/or heal myself, but for the everyday questing vs tons of weak and standard enemies, it is just a hassle. It breaks on damage and can't be recast vs the same target more than once every 30 seconds.

When it is toggled on, Mako will stun whatever enemy she can find. If that enemy breaks or the duration ends, she will immediately recast it on whoever she can find. On groups of 4-5, when I pull with my aoe dot rocket or death from above, she casts a .5 sec stun on each of the dotted mobs that are already ccd by my abilities, then starts helping. This wastes anywhere from 4-8 seconds that she could be healing me or tossing out damage.

When running blacktalon (gives 200 rep and ~300 affection/10 minutes), she would cast it vs the bosses and channel it for 8 seconds, even though they are immune. Vs these immune mobs, the spell doesn't break on damage, so she essentially cc's herself for no reason.

Ok, that's fine with me. She has 10 some abilities, why does it matter if one is shit? BECAUSE FOR SOME FUCKING REASON, THIS DUMB CUNT REENABLES THE AUTOCASTING EVERYTIME SHE GETS DISMISSED. This includes mounting. So every single time I mount, she puts this ability on autocast. And this fucking piece of shit ability is 50000x more important than any of her others and takes priority on all occasions. IF THERE IS A SINGLE MOB NEARBY THAT HASN'T BEEN STUNNED BY MAKO, REST ASSURED, SHE'S GONNA GET IT. Bounty hunter at 10% hp? Better stun this weak mob over here instead of using kolto injection. Mob is at 1% hp? Better stun myself for 8 seconds instead of fucking shooting it.

Can't find any fixes for it, but I do not want to stop using Mako after I've spent all my time getting her outfitted and affectionated.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  8. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

So finished Sith-Inquisitor Story and while the Title is still bugged the storyline is really epic..And because i am not much of an endgame-player i began playing as an Trooper/vanguard and I must say that the first lvls are a lot easier. The story is also ok.. even if I understand the problems some people have with it.
    What i find interesting is that the Imperium is in my eyes more honest, more efficient and has better army morale than the Republic. I think I met on Ord Mantell and Corusant more corrupt and extremely incompetent NPC´s than in my whole time playing as Sith...

9. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Corruption usually has a nice facade (;

Regarding Inquisitor title, it gets fixed in tomorrows (Jan 4th) patch.

10. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

Blame EA games for rushing an unfinished game. The further you get in the game, the more bugs you will find.

Yesterday I was raiding for the first time with my guild. First boss? He doesn't appear; we had to reset the raid to get him to appear. Second boss? Killed him, but the ground beneath him disappear in the lava, so we had to loot him one by one while a healer heals the player so he doesn't die while looting. Third boss? Impossible fight in normal mode, he needs to be fixed. Apparently, he isn't bugged in hard mode but we didn't want to switch it so we went to the Hutt raid.

Hutt raid (Rancor) boss? Well, a couple of players die instantly as soon as we leanch the event. First time, it's okay because encounter hasn't started yet, second time encounter starts automatically.

Looting system is completely screwed, players get gear assigned to them but can't loot it. Players randomly tripping over some roots and dying, minus the tripping part.

Clearly the game isn't finished yet.

On the other side, what is finished is very well done and is the only thing that makes me tolerate all those issues.

11. Myduraz

While I agree there are a ton of bugs, the 3rd boss is not unkilleable. Cleared EV Normal last night. With a raid of pvp toons.

12. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Im mid way through alderan and I noticed that if I attack ranged mobs on my sniper at max (35m) range they can not return fire. I am free to kill and loot em. I'm not sure if this happened before with other enemies.

Would a level 15 Sniper get a shit ton of XP for killing these?

13. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

A level 15 sniper would not be able to hit them.

14. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I've been playing since the Dec 21st on Thana'Vesh (I think) as Republic so far. While I did enjoy the game so far (Jedi Knight lvl 21) I've found it to be slightly boring at time with a lot of enemies being the same thing (pack of 2-3 shooters, add a sith from time to time, etc.).

The story telling is really awesome though and it's probably the only thing has keep me playing.

15. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

What did you expect from an MMO? The Southpark wow episode is a pretty accurate representation of a lot of mmos: grind until you hit max level.

I find myself much more invested in my character and the quests that he does than any of the most epic WoW quests I remember.

Also, I take back what I said about electro stasis and Mako being a dumb bitch. Today I was on Belsavis on my level 43 (now 45) bounty hunter, when I was ganked by a level 50 jedi sentinel. Assuming that I was more or less fucked because 7 levels seemed pretty substantial at the time considering how my attempts to fight mobs only 5 levels higher than me went, I took the time to type out /clap, /golfclap, and a second /golfclap at him to make the victory less satisfying him.

Then, Mako stunned him for 8 seconds. Realizing that it was actually working vs a target with a huge level advantage, I took off running and made for high ground. After around 5 seconds, during which I assume he mashed his buttons furiously while staring at me running away, the fucker remembered he had a cc-breaker and jumped to me. I broke the snare with my cc-breaker and hit him with an electro dart, then continued running. He chased me for another 20 seconds until his charge was back up, at which point he was in perfect position for me to throw off of a cliff 200 feet to his death.

It was quite pleasing.

16. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Very nice.

As a general rule for my BH in open world pvp, I find that if I concuss my opponent's companion the fight becomes a fucking joke. Mako just heals the crap out of me as I laugh. Had a guy 2 levels above me jump me on Voss who tried to burn down Mako first. He didn't even get her below 75% before I lit him up like Christmas.

17. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

For people barely picking this game up, I highly suggest doing the Empire characters first, specifically these classes due to their companions:

Class - First Companion
    Sniper - Tank/Ranged DPS
    Juggernaut - Ranged DPS
    Powertech - Healer
    Sorceror - Tank

Those characters have the most advantage relative to their first-non-starter world. Easy mobs to dismantle through their skill set and solo a lot better than their other spec on Kaas and Balmora.

Kaas is a really easy starter planet due to all of the small 1-3 group pure melee mobs you fight. Easy to take down with some simple kiting or dual DPS characters, which are what the first companions are for the Empire.

Coruscant and Taris are a lot heavier on ranged mob fights, so AOEs and high-speed approaches are king.

Sentinel - Ranged Tank
    Shadow - Tank
    Commando - Ranged Tank
    Scoundrel - Ranged Tank

All work better there due to their tanky first companions drawing the 3+ ranged mob aggro, letting these classes focus on outputting high DPS with their hardest-hitting skills.

Classed picked based on the goal of having 1 of every type while catering to each classes' best aspects relative to first two non-starter worlds.

18. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Also, the Empire side abilities are better.

19. Myduraz

A so far unrelated topic.

Does anyone here play a pvp healer, I'm trying to find an actually decent non-sage/sorc healer to compare and discuss differences with, the other healers on my server is basically retarded monkeys that rarely break 300k healing done.

Specifically in utility, mobility and survivability.

20. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Mercs and commandos have WAY less utility. Just saying that out-right.