1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Investigations into Chicago (Dresden Mafia) Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Dec 27, 2011.

1. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

You forgot 7 and 8.

7) Mindgames by killing Mishie.

8) RNG a kill to confuse the town.

Mind, I am 99.99% sure 8 didn't happen.

*Edit* EIGHT NOT A BLOODY SMILEY!

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It is possible the Blackstaff would have polished off Jeram; he seems more like the kind of guy to nuke you from afar. But mishie's demise could be a ploy to throw us off, since as far as I know the method of death aside from lynch's could go anyway at all.

Also, we can confirm that franki is neither the Red King or the Blackstaff, since of all the roles, only those two are capable of night kills, and we clearly had both night kills strike.

That doesn't do a whole lot to narrow his role down, but given we've eliminated three potentials so far, it's a start.

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I stupidly didn't think of this. But I LOVE IT. Gonna stress it again.

Also, dear Smile...

IT'S STOJIL WITH A L

---------- Post automerged at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

Why does no one take Lara Raith in consideration? Am I overlooking something?

4. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Actually, that's a good point. I was mostly browsing for the definitive term "night kill", but she can off another Court member.

5. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Err and how may I ask did you come to the conclusion that either Ashaya or I were defending Mishie? Especially given that both of us posted that we should just be careful and give people opportunities to defend themselves before he did.

6. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Only one set of Scum can communicate and that's Denarians. They can only communicate if Thorned Namshiel decides to send out an alliance during the night. The rest are flying blind so to speak.

Play on.

7. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Thanks.

Does that help me in your eyes, guys? Since mishie defended me during the day, I can't be Thorned Namshiel and him another Denarian or viceversa!

8. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

Yeah, but they do know the identities of their fellow Denarians.

9. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Anytime I read these posts, I need to have the role list open as there are SO MANY DIFFERENT ROLES!

My question is why was Franki sold to the highest bidder. Was it just a random move? or Perhaps Franki has some powerful night skillz. Either way, he is not he Blackstaff nor the Red King or The Red Duchess.

Then again, maybe the Red King did not even have a kill during the night. It might be this night he can (as it's every other night). If this was the case, it was Lara who tried to seduce him, and it ended up killing him as he could be in another vampire court. Hm...

I really don't know who to lynch off at this point in time. There are just so many people (and many of them have yet to post this round) that I don't have a feel on anyone.

10. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well I mean how could it be anything other than random? Even if he did have good night powers to the best of my knowledge there's no way they could have already figured that out.

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I really don't see anything special/dangerous he could have said in the thread.

---------- Post automerged at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

I had missed that. You are right. Fuck.

---------- Post automerged at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

I assume that the Red King would choose which night to make his first kill on and then Riley would count fom that.

---------- Post automerged at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

The only little thing I can think of about Franki is that in one post, other than listing the lynch votes (which he did twice), he also listed the players who had yet to vote. It's very convoluted, but it could be that the Red Duchess is a hard-core lurker who wants to stay as such and is afraid that Franki would have shed some light on his/her shadowy behaviour.

Pretty silly, I know, but I'm grasping at straws, here. If it was really random, then its only purpose was to confuse us, and that's much more likely, I think.

12. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

But I don't know how to pronounce Stojil. Hell, I barely know how to pronounce Stoji. I keep basing it off of Toji but with a S in the start.

13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ^ Depending on how thorough the 'silence' is you might have more then you think Stojil. Franki can't be lynched and he can't vote but can he post? It wasn't mentioned but it would make sense flavor-wise.

If so someone really didn't periodic vote updates. If not, then yes, straws.

14. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Here's a solution for you, son. Call me Uncle.

15. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Zennith has done nothing but jump Bandwagons so far. I wouldn't care so much on the first day, but the fact he jumped right on today with very little explanation is a bit suspicious.

16. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

The auction means they cannot interact in any way with the game. Post, vote, night actions, but they also can't be lynched or night killed. Franki is simply an observer to the thread for this day and night.

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Oh, then if he can neither be lynched nor night killed, it could even be considered a protection of some sorts. Only, the Red Duchess doesn't know his/her scumbuddies... unless he/she is psychic.

18. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=521844&postcount=79

Ashaya with mishie on Smile.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=521903&postcount=89

You with mishie on waiting before majority vote on Duke, though that's more of mishie supporting you. That's kind of what I meant by supporting each others' ideas, you had similar ones and reemphasized it.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=521953&postcount=103

Ashaya supporting mishie for Castiel being suspicious.

Then a little after that, there's you and Ashaya basically talking to each other about holding off until the last minute for Lurkers to post.

Also, I said they were possibilities. I'm not even sure if you're town or not. Just saying that mishie died and you wanted the lynch vote to take a little longer to come. Since mishie died, I think you might be town, but I'm not sure. Same with Ashaya. She might be town too, or just another scum trying to make us have a no-lynch fail day.

---------- Post automerged at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Doesn't that mean the duchess can effectively stall the vote?

I mean, if anyone role reveals themselves and we want to rely on that person's info, the duchess could just silence that person over and over again, effectively screwing us townies until someone else with an info role steps up. Makes it even worse since they're effectively marginalized in the game for a long time.

Or, if we're lynching someone, the duchess could just take a crap all over us by silencing the lynch target.

Holy crap, now that I think about it, Duchess has practically the ultimate mind-fuck role.

19. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Duchess' ability is a night action Evan. While it does have a high ability for mind fuckery it has limited power for lynch shenanigans. Anything drama it'd cause would blow over by Day's end.

20. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I guess, but it still feels slightly broken. Guess it'd depend on how good the duchess is on guessing roles.