1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Investigations into Chicago (Dresden Mafia) Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

I'm sure you're top of that list Azira, with little pink hearts around it too.

Ash
  2. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Couldn't of been Red Baron, Stojil, she had that happen to her on Night 1 and he came into action Night 2.

3. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Ashaya, what's your reasoning for draconian? That's the only one I don't get from all the scum that have been mentioned.

4. Azira

Also Stojil, if that was indeed a Dresden check its actually quite bad to reveal it. It gives scum info if Dresden checked them without any ambiguity. Not a incriminating fact for Ashaya, but a point for us tot hink about it.

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

She said two nights in a row. Weren't those messages from night 2 and 3?

And how do you know the Red Baron came into action Night 2?

6. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Yeah, I would rather you not kill me.

I'm fine with following,

I trust you Ashaya, well to the best one could trust someone in this game. I could roll call as well, but I really don't want to end up dead when I do. On who to lynch, well I mostly agree with who you said Ashaya as well. Evan is always a target in mah mind. I don't get why you would start to trust Castiel though...

The reason I have been dead of the late, well I am really not all that great on these games. I did my part by forcing discussion early game.

7. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

@Aziraphale

Not sure if that's what you're saying, but I wasn't asking for Dresden to come out. At all. I was just saying that if she had thought the visit was from Dresden, then not revealing it in the thread the next day makes more sense for someone checking not guilty.

8. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

1. Stojil
    2. Aekiel
    3. dhulli
    4. Zenzao

I can't pinpoint any one post in particular, but I've decided he is either a complete idiot or bad scum.

9. Azira

Stojil: Look at the time stamp 29 Dec was Night 1, so that visit was during Night 1.

And I don't, but if the Baron can choose every two nights, it seems logical that like all other roles that come into play after X days or regenerate after X days, he won't be able to do it night 1, and would do it Night 2.

10. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Then she lied/got it wrong when she said "two nights in a row"?

11. Ash

My bad. It was the 29th and the 3rd, so I was targeted on night 1 and night 3.

My rapist gave me a night to recover.

Anyway, I didn't post after night 1's rape because I didn't even see it until night 3-ish. I don't check my QT very often unless I have an action.

12. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Ashaya, stop acting suspiciously. You're making me paranoid. :)

13. Ash

Huh? Not sure what I said there, lol. Anyway, I gotta head out and do laundry and stuff, but I'll be back before day's end.

14. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Dhulli's been hounding me for the same reason Stojil was being picked day 1 and 2. You're getting on my ass for saying "we", "us townies", "us", and basically ANY variant of calling the town a unit as a scum tell. How ELSE am I supposed to refer to the town as a collective?

I've explained why I said what I said. To me, our town is in a weaker info position than WH:E was, especially with how Angels and Spiritulaist work. The Mailman would also have been a really strong communication role allowing info sharing for checks between allies. While it's not as gimped as I first thought it was, I still believe this town iteration is weaker than WH:E's.

For me, guljons still pings a lot on my scumdar. He was only popping in purely for lynch votes and starting up or joining bandwagons on first 3 days. After I noted his lurking on again today and Sneakthief also noting it does guljons start posting a lot more, basically doubling his post count total in this thread. His posts also basically repeat info that other people have made, adding very little to the discussion.

Feels like people want me dead because of the "town/we" thing, which is also why everyone bandwagoned Stojil for no reason.

15. Azira

@Stojil: I also wouldn't discard it both being Merlin visits, just slightly altered flavor text. Riley isn't exactly super consistant running this.

16. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

If it was just the us/town thing, I'd let it slide Tide. (woah that rhymes)

It was mainly the denarian/communication thing that set me off. And now whenever you use terms like "us townies", my brain just goes "scum!".

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I discard it with almost certainty because the flavour Zennith posted is practically the same as Ashaya's. Mine too. Honestly, Riley's flavour is pretty much always the greatest clue we have.

18. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Sorry I haven't been around much today, I was off for 10 hours.

I trust Ashaya's role claim because there's little to no reason I can think of to role claim as Marcone if she's scum.

Riley's flavour is definately the best weapon we have. On that note why did Krogan's body dissappear when the others remained. Does that mean Thomas Raith hid him immediatly?

I'm confused at the moment and the only feeling I've got at the moment is about Kalas. My vote's staying on him until the end unless someone can provide an better lynch target in the next hour before I go to bed. Damn time zones.

On that topic, lynch targets anyone?

19. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, I'm going to browse through and give a vote tally so we have a clear reference point:

Kalas: 0(4 deadline)
    Eternity Lost
    Snowflake
    Castiel
    Aziraphale

Ashaya: 0(3 deadline)
    draconian139
    Moridin
    Zenzao

Evan Tide: 0(0 deadline)

draconian139: 0(1 deadline)
    Ashaya

Castiel: 0(1 deadline)
    SmileOfTheKill

No vote(at present):
    dhulli
    Uncle Stojil
    guljons
    Custer
    Aekial
    franki
    LochNess
    Lindsey
    CommanderBond
    SneakThief
    klackerz
    Kalas

I seem to be missing a few users, but I can't place who. Anyway, hope this helps.

20. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

And again, this is the second game I've ever joined in, with WH:E having much stronger info and communication roles.

The other games I've actually looked over always had stronger info role (MS, Psych, Spiritualist, Nightwing, Azareal, Question, Batgirl), communication through votes (Angels via Spiritulaist , Mailman), or better communication (GCPD and Mailman, if he was good at it)

The only real advantage our current town has, compared to other mafia games, is the Blackstaff's ability to NK every night. In the other mafia games I've seen or participated in, it's ALWAYS been the scum or neutral who get the nightly kills, never town.

---------- Post automerged at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Personally, I'm going to go with the "Lynch Someone and NK Ash" plan. If she really is Marcone, then we could likely drop at least 1 scum tonight, hopefully two.

Deadline Lynch: guljons

I've stated my reasons here: #734