1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Awesomefia ~ Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Holy motherfucking shit. How many goddamn scum factions are there?

2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

What the fuck D8

Okay, let's think about this. This can't be regular shit, otherwise the game would be over in four or five nights, right? I kinda think it's also our fuck up. Five (attempted) kills up in the air -- two mafia factions with two regular and one (two) special kills, and the other two (one) vigilantes that did the stupid thing and killed Town folks :/ Y U DO TIS.

We need to get a handle on this, somehow. Next item: The Box. Veeeeeeeesviuuuuus ... What's in it? :p
    (And I'd like to point out that I was right about Ashaya. Turns out that Vesvius is a slimy scum, I will hate you until the end of time (game).)

Something else. Did someone get mail tonight?

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    There could be only one faction though. Did you notice how of the four people who died, three had roles that visit?
    I assume that Lungs was the normal NK, and the others all visited the same person, and somehow got killed.
    I'm also assuming that Vesvius was the one being visited, since he got the Box. That means that he survived due to Kalas, but will die next Night, assuming the "someone survived something that should have killed them" thing refers to him.

Well fuck, what can we do in this situation?

---------- Post automerged at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

And yes Vesvius, tell us what's in the box, because it seems like you'll die.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    All these deaths. :/

While it is logical that three people could have visited Ves, it does seem a bit unlikely. Also, if the scum do have the ability to kill people visiting the chosen kill, then it's probably only a one-shot ability and they can't do it again.

Either way, it was very well played.

5. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

I'm kind of suspicious of you, Republic21.

Can't really voice my feelings right now. But yeah. Suspect.

6. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Alright, I'm here. And before anyone asks, I was the person who survived last night. My guess is the scum have a power to kill a person and everyone who visited that person. So I'm guessing that Castiel, Ashaya, and Kalas visited me and I'm only alive because of Kalas. So, thanks. Best campaign manager ever.

Second, the box. I has it. It's a telescope. Once, I can use it to observe someone and see who visited them. I didn't use it because I figured I'd have a better idea of who to use it on on Night 2. Go figure.

I'm not entirely sure who to suspect anymore. Kalas and Ashaya were high on my list, and they're both gone. Both Republic and Anya are a bit suspicious to me. Anya for lack of post content (though I do appreciate the Bat Solidarity) and Republic for a gut feeling.

I'll weigh in again after more people post.

7. Sesc

Well, were you visited last night or weren't you?

8. Vesvius

Yes, I was. And I survived a kill.

9. Sesc

Ah. It sounded like you weren't quite sure >_>
    Did you get three separate messages, then, or does it all get lumped in one global visited message?

10. Vesvius

I think I misunderstood your question. I was visited by scum last night. I only know because I got a you survived the kill message.

11. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

Well, shit. Four Kills, all town, plus our Cop. Also, Kalas was someone I wanted to make a case against. Hmm.

How does this whole visiting even work? I never really got it before and didn't know it exists here. From Sesc's posts, it appears that you would know if you were visited, but Vesvius experience says otherwise =/

Also, that telescope seems quite useless with not knowing which roles can visit etc. Apart from the fact that it does not even matter now anyway...

If Lungs was killed, did he have the opportunity to give out his gun before that?

At least we have role reveals after death. I'll probably reread the thread tomorrow with that new knowledge.

Oh, wow, I'm happy about 72h days. We will need the time.

12. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Uh, can you explain the bolded part? Because that sounds awfully like you were going to "frame" him, for some reason. "Make a case against" is a very poor choice of words.

13. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

Is it? I merely meant I was going to inspect his posts more carefully - on late Day 1, his opinions seemed scummy to me, but I had no time to really think about it.

----

Edit: Just fed "make a case against" in the translator, and well, it does not really fit with my description. I thought it to mean something like "accuse with some clues".

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  14. Sesc

And so it seems.

Pity that there's no way to tell anyone what you'll see next night -- I think even the chance to send a mail would happen before you got the results.

Also,
    Lynch Vote: Aziraphale

15. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Well, that was bad.

And yeah, time to reread the thread with this new information in mind. I think this is where we're pretty handicapped as far as no role info is concerned. We can't pin down exactly how we got four night kills. What we can do is nail down at least one person whose posts stand out as scummy and lynch them. I'll post more on who exactly I think is scummy looking after a reread of the thread.

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I really should have checked the thread earlier, when I had the chance for a bit, but I've been away for much of the day.(I was just reading the Dresden thread and was about to voice my thoughts on the days actions and cast a vote too :()

I can't say that I am completely sure what to think, be it a 'neutral' Serial Killer type role, combined with the aforementioned empowered Vigilante, and even potential one-off kill abilities.
    Personally, It's good that Vesvius survived though, so we at least know about the contents of the Mystery Box, however meager they may be,or that would have niggled at my mind a bit. That, and the obvious fact of him simply not dying being good.

That said, the losses of Castiel and Kalas are potentially crippling, with Ashaya being just slightly less so. I do wonder if there is still also a standard active-protection role, but considering the game setup, I somewhat doubt it. Bleh, not even knowing what roles there are in the first place, makes potentially reading people even more difficult than usual.

17. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Damn. Scum played us hard... Thats a real bummer, I would use your telescope asap Vesvius... (Though a telescope? Really thats all? :l)

That is assuming that what Republic said is true, scum used a "who ever visits kill" on Vesvius. If so, they have a really competent scum faction.... But what made you think that republic? That wasn't the first thing on my mind

18. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Mm, this. Also, if there is a doctor-esque role, could Vesuvius be protected (and survive) during the next night as well?

19. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Further protection will not save players who lived due to the Herbalist's power.

20. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Could it be that one of the deaths was the result of Kalas switching Vesvius with someone, meaning that there were only four attempted kills last night? So he gets the message that he survived, thanks to Kalas, who switched him with (say) Ashaya. Could that work?