1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Struggle For Dark Hallow | Everybody (But Kalas) Wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by SmileOfTheKill, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm... feeling that sacrifice just made a mistake. I mean, not to go against the flow here, but honestly, it seems just like a stupid move by an inexperienced (?) player. Killing him/her for it seems unfair.
    Besides, Evan tide just feels off to me.
    deadline vote: Evantide

2. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

TOTAL REQUIRED VOTES TO LYNCH A PLAYER: 15

TIME TILL NIGHTTIME: 7:18

VOTES:
    To Lynch Evan Tide-
    D. Riley
    D. Seratin
    D. Aekiel
    D. Eternity Lost
    D. Castiel
    D. Moridin
    D. Schrodinger

To Lynch Sacrifice-
    L. Zennith
    D. Evan Tide
    L. NobleFiction
    D. Aziraphale

3. guljons

guljons Squib

So yeah, Sacrifice made a pretty suspicious comment about the no lynch + he says that he forgot about Denarians. That is pretty good way of trying to show that he is not one by claiming he forgot of them. So I'm thinking he may be a Denarian.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Sacrifice

4. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

You're reading a lot into something that I've out-righted stated was for shits and giggles.

There was no informative post. There was no attempt at being neutral.

There was an attempt at having fun with a lulz mayor vote to pass the time that kind of worked until people started complaining about it because they want this game to be 100% serious business, when it's a freaking game.

If people are sure the lulz vote is useless, then they should already know to skip those pages. I, on the other hand, actually got some info out of them. Especially with the reactions from people that were against it.

Riley hit the nail on the head. Ulterior motives. Start looking for them. I have a motive in the false poll: To find out who's good, bad, and their general disposition. There are several new players here, so being able to gauge their reaction to pressure can sometimes give scum tells, even if it's manufactured pressure.

---------- Post automerged at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Before people start jumping like mad, there's a difference between unintended and intended purpose.

The intended purpose of the poll was for lulz. Unintended was to cause people to slip up and get reads.

5. coleam

coleam Death Eater

I don't think that mentioning the possibility of not lynching is scummy (I advocated it for Day 1 in Beginner Werewolf as a townie). In certain games, where town far outweigh scum, it could actually be a good idea. However, in this game, the number of scum is high enough that even a random lynch has nearly a 50% chance of hitting scum.

So no, I don't think it's scummy. Misguided, but not scummy. And as for forgetting about the Denarians' win condition, there are so many roles and factions in this game that people are bound to forget things.

So,

Lynch Vote: EvanTide

He first tickled the scumdar with his incessant posting about the Mayor vote - we really didn't need a vote tally and a call to vote every few hours.

There wasn't too much content to his answer about powerful roles, but that in itself is hardly incriminating since plenty of people gave minimal answers to that or simply didn't answer the question at all.

However, when he pasted in a list of everyone who had only made one or two posts with more than 24 hours remaining and very little substance in the thread, then demanding that they vote for the mayor, that really got my attention. It seemed like he was trying to obscure the thread with pointless posts about the mayor vote. I agree that the mayor vote is fun and silly, and even a good way to pass time, but it's not helpful for determining who's scum - in fact, i find it harmful. It artificially inflates post counts and makes it more difficult to pick out any early, meaningful posts. A perfect screen for scum to hide behind.

When he was first accused, he basically brushed it off (Jon asked if he was Dracula because he was seemingly unconcerned about being lynched), but as soon as the bandwagon started to grow, he got more defensive, to the point of jumping on Sacrifice with all guns blazing as soon as someone threw out a vote for him (notice how he wasn't the one to instigate the vote). This behavior (turning attention to a new target rather than defending himself) screams scum.

6. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

It's never a good idea not to lynch day 1. Period.

I think Sacrifice is slightly suspicious, but then again, it could have been a mistake.

I agree with Coleam's reasoning. He's basically put into text what I couldn't be bothered to type out, what with my computer having fits all the time.

7. Evan Tide

What defense would I be able to give? Everyone's voting cause of "Feeling" and you just completely ignored my post of why I made the lulz mayor poll and did what I did. I can't change the freaking feeling that people have, just because I like to have fun on the first day when it's boring and putting pressure on people for readings.

"All guns blazing"? Really? Sac was the first really solid derp or scum tell so far, because people are outright refusing to post.

And tell me, how would I instigate a vote while asleep before Sac even made the post, pray tell?

---------- Post automerged at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

NOtice how most of the people voting against me say gut feeling or just lynch to lynch? there is no defense I can put against it, because:

1) No night powers kick in yet

2) No previous lynches for info

3) No other out-right major tells besides you hating on me trying to pressure people into giving tells and Sac's "no-lynch" cry.

---------- Post automerged at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

At least Azira's first vote and mine made sense. Scum calls no-lynch to delay kills and get more power over town. it's a common tactic.

---------- Post automerged at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

And if you really don't believe me about sleep, you'll notice the time lapse between 5 AM PST and 12 AM PST.

You'll also notice that on the previous day, there was also a large time lapse between 2 AM ST and 9 AM PST.

If you'll check most of my posts in mafia games, all of them have time lapses from between 12 AM - 11 AM on average due to sleep/school. It's not work, because I even post at work from time to time.

8. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Maybe it used to be common tactic.

Everyone knows now that advocating a 'no-lynch' first day (or any day) is like signing a death warrant, especially as there's nothing else to go on.

And what did Coleam just write?

Read that would you Evan. It sums up my reasoning quite nicely.

9. Evan Tide

I did, and yet you ignore my posts explaining why I did what I did.

coleam's entire point is that he believes I'm scum because the poll had no use to him, when I found a good use out of provoking people.

He says I jumped fast on Sac, when Sac made a post and Azira voted while I was ASLEEP.

What defense is there versus that when I voted at the earliest opportunity available to me after seeing a scum tell like that?

10. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I actually buy what Evan Tide is saying. The bandwagon is a tough thing to stop, but I'm really not getting a scum tell from him. Sacrifice is way more scummy to me. That being said, if by the end of the day it is either lynch Evan Tide or don't lynch at all, I'll go ahead and change my vote.

11. Evan Tide

It's not tough. It's literally impossible to stop unless some scum messes up big time and the bandwagon target can show that scum tell is really a scum tell.

I've looked at all the games. Once a bandwagon starts, there's like a 10% chance of it stopping.

---------- Post automerged at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

This is Sac's third game. That's not inexperience any more.

12. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Do you actually believe Sac was trying to get a 'no-lynch' day 1?

Do you actually think he's going to be that stupid if he's scum?

---------- Post automerged at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

He may be scum, he may not. But I don't think a scum player would do something like that on purpose.

13. Evan Tide

And yet you all believe that I'm doing that? How does that make sense?

Your defense of Sac is that "tell is too obvious" yet your argument against me is "Tell not obvious enough but is through meta-gaming"

Seriously. WTH Logic.

14. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

@Evan: Interesting thing you said about that poll. You really can read a few interesting things out of it (or maybe I'm just gullible). Doesn't mean your scum, doesn't prove you're town either. Good luck with stopping that wagon, you're gonna need it.

I'm going to get some shut eye and won't be here for the last 5 hours of voting.

15. Evan Tide

God damn, Stojil. I know how you feel in first Dresden now.

16. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Both Sacrifice and Evan Tide sound scummy to me, honestly.

Evan started out with half a derp and continued with suspicious posts and a general "look at me! I'm town and useful!" kind of attitude that seems phoney. This said, if he's scum (and especially Dracula), he's playing very badly, IMO, probably the opposite of how he should play.

Sacrifice came out with stupid and/or uninformed posts, both the no-lynch thing, the Denarians stuff and the mayor election. Either he didn't pay much attention when reading both the thread and the roles/rules, or he's scum (and he pushed so much he derped)

Honestly, given that and the fact it's day 1, I could hop on the lynchwagon for both. Since I'm going to be home for the evening/night, I'll wait to see if something else happens for now.

17. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

I'll be off in about 15 mins and I won't able to get back on until after day ends.

My vote's sticking on you, Evan.

Sorry, but you just seems scummier to me and I feel you have an ulterior motive for posting incessantly. Just read what coleam said, all the way through.

18. Evan Tide

And again, you did NOT read my post. I EXPLAINED my ulterior motive already.

I'm NOT hiding what my poll was for. Holy hell, people. It's for fun and to force people into posting so I can read if they derp.

Why are you arguing ulterior motive when I even STATE my ulterior motive on this page. My god.

Again, WTH LOGIC, EL.

19. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Didn't know that, sorry. I wasn't aware that I was required to know your sleep habits. The other points still stand though, and you did blow Sacrifice's statement out of proportion.

And I really have difficulty seeing what you could pull out of a vote for a powerless Mayor. Ever since the Demon Mayor incident, it just turns into "everyone votes for Jon except for those who feel like bucking the trend while Jon threatens them." The only telling reactions I've seen were those saying "This is bullshit, let's just play the damn game," which is neither a scum nor a town tell.

20. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Off to sleep now -> will definately not be changing my vote. Make sure we get a lynch guys.