1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Awesomefia ~ Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

...I don't think that you said what you meant to say. I'm guessing you mean that a switching role that swapped, as per your example, Vesvius and Ashaya, and Kalas just happened to target the latter, protecting the former of the two. The way you worded it, implied that Kalas did the switching, which isn't a part of his role's abilities.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ooooh, oops. My mistake. I misread Kalas' role as being like Elaine Mallory in the Dresden games.

3. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Okay, I really can't get my head around how many people could die in one night like that. So I'm pretty much of the 'what the shit' crowd. That said, if Kalas did use his ability on Vesvius, then Vesvius may have survived last night, but is going to die tonight regardless.

Also, where the hell did this come from? Trying to start a bandwagon Sex?

4. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Bandwagon Sex? I'm all for that!!

Seriously though guys, I know the multiple kills are depressing and all but we need to start posting more! So post!

5. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

The Telescope inside the mystery box, sounds a little... contrived. I don't know, but I feel that it doesn't make sense as something that would be put inside the mystery box.

Let's think about this.

If Vesvius is town, I think he would have used the telescope immediately, knowing that the witches would have him killed asap.

I just think not using the power makes him jump up the scumdar.

We'll see the next night, with either him dying and his role being revealed, if he is telling the truth, or with him surviving, and then we can lynch him the next day.

I don't find anyone else particularly suspicious.

6. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Okay guys, finally in Canada and moved in. That was a killer night for us. And what a disappointing box present. I mean it could be useful, but come on. That is if we automatically believe Vesvius and also take his word for it that he had the NK attempted on him. Is it possible that the box gave him the super powers to do some extra night kills? For example if we take all the visitors getting killed scenario, it could be just as possible that he was able to kill anyone who visited him (either by the box powers but that doesn't make much sense because a townie wouldn't want all those kills..or by his own scum powers.. That would be a good way to get people to visit him, by having the box and knowing people would want to check him out). Anyway I think I could be stretching it but just putting it out there.

Also judging by the people who have died, there are a lot of interesting roles, so hopefully even with the loss of our cop and things we still have some pretty useful powers to help us out.

Gonna reread and post who I am suspicious of in a bit. Right now just thinking of scenarios and things, I think I am still a bit bowled over at how many people we lost. I am hoping it is only one scum faction so we can compare trends better and not get so confused.

Also hoping that maybe a kill or two was made by the town itself. I mean, yes it sucks then that we killed off our own players, but at least it would mean we have a bit more power for later.

7. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Waiting on an answer myself, why would anyone ever put a lynch vote (not even deadline) 12 hours into a 72 hour day. Particularly since this isn't Day 1 where randomly posting lynch votes isn't as excusable.

8. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

The real question is, why shouldn't I?

9. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

Umm. If you really believe Azira is scum, you should have an interest in convincing us, too, and if you just did it to start discussion, your answer just doesn't make sense. So. Why would you not even explain your actions now? We have lost enough town, so please don't troll just for the sake of it.

10. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

LiT: Right now, it's about Aziraphale, not you.

But let's focus on something else while I wait for his answer, and take his resounding silence after the aggressive play for what it is.

What the fuck is everyone doing? Is it just me, or is everyone lurking hardcore instead of actually playing? I've got a few ideas about possible Mafia by now, I can't be the only one :|

Also, last night. Talking about how it's confusing is wut. We have one good theory: Somehow, Mafia's got a role that can kill a person and everyone who visits them. Like, I dunno. Maybe set the house on fire while everyone's there. Vesvius got checked by loads of people, which was obvious -- everyone with a role that mattered would want to know if Vesvius was Town. So Mafia did the logical thing, and set the target at him. In that case, Vesvius is Town.

However, let's not forget a second option, something along the lines of what LochNess said: Vesvius himself could be the reason everyone who visited him got killed, in which case he'd be lying, and part of a decent mafia play. A bomb type of role -- he can detonate, and kill everyone who's there. The Herbalist kept him alive, or -- that's always possible -- he wasn't even the one who survived because he didn't get killed. In that case, his role is less like a bomb and more like a spring gun; and the survival was another mafia role with protection, targeted by a Town Vigilante.

As an aside, a few notes regarding the game setup: I'm fairly certain it's a 1-5-17, and the lone party is a Serial Killer, like in SWII. Makes the most sense. Killing and tainting, most likely, and alternating. So we have to keep our eyes open on two fronts.

11. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

First the bolded part. I had a feeling that is what you were doing, but wasn't sure since up till now. A lot of your posts seemed to be filler. (Votes aside.)

Now the italicized part. We are seventeen pages into this beast, people have got to have some idea who is and who is not scum by now. I've got a theory, but I've my doubts about it. Since no one else seems to be dropping ideas, I'll just go ahead.

At the start of the day 1 we had lots of people voting for themselves. I was one of them. With a mysterious box presented to us, it makes sense that the scum would try and put one of their own up for it. So maybe one or two voted for themselves trying to both blend in and get the box.

After that we had three people vying for it. My theory is based on one of those people being scum being supported by his buddies.

The three were Ashaya, Jwik, and Vesvius. Ash is dead, and I'm pretty sure Kalas died to protect Vesvius.

That leaves jwlk. Just stating now, I think he is scum based on his bandwagon being started. Vira voted for him and soon after so did Lostinthought.

To me that leaves three possibilities.

1. Vira scum, and seeing no one's voting going anywhere, started his wagon.
    2. Vira not scum, and voted for him; Lostinthought scum and saw an opportunity and voted for him.
    3. Vira scum and Lostinthought scum, both voted to get his wagon going.

I'm more partial to 2, however. Would make the scum blend in a bit more.

Well, there are my main thoughts. I've got a few more ideas, mostly with Vesvius' bandwagon, but the above is assuming jwlk is scum. If he's not, that leaves Vesvius.

I just can't accept the scum would not put one of their own forward considering the entire part of day 1 was everyone voting for themselves. It would not make them look too suspicious and could be, from their point of view, blending-in. Which is what most scum I've read try to do.

tl;dr.

Vote Lynch: jwlk

12. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Alright finally we have some posts. Personally, both Anya and Republic seem pretty scummy to me. I guess I could point out some posts that seem off to me from them but I don't have anything concrete right now. Just putting it out there.

All of LostInThoughts posts make sense to me. They seem pretty rational and well thought out. I don't understand why you would consider her to be scum. iLost: You're forgetting that Kalas had basically no information so it's not very likely that he had info on how Vesvius was town. That's why I'm not so sure of which one of jwlk or Vesvius could be scum...provided the scum did put forth one of their own.

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Also, I just checked and I've received a gun during the night apparently. I can shoot someone and kill them during the day. Who do I kill? Provide reasons of course, not just: Hey shoot me! :p

13. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

I seem scummy? Err. Yeah, really not. But I have forgotten what role I play. Keep getting DE3 and Awesomemafia mixed up.

14. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'm going to re-read this thread. I've been at working/school/Trolling Dresden Mk2 the entire time, so I don't really have much to contribute right now. Should have something to post in 24 hours after work.

15. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Alright, hey guys.

What my plan was day one was to get the box. However, I subtly tried to campaign myself to the mafia, so i'd at least possibly accomplish something, even if I didn't win. I did this by pretty much saying I would raffle the hobo box off to the town. If the scum were confident, they could pretty much influence what I would be doing with the box, so it might be in their favor to vote for me. I'd check out everyone who voted for me for the box as scum, I know I will.

Another note, that I put in my QT, iLost (And this might sound bad, or like a NOU, considering he just voted for me, but I honestly put it in the QT a few days ago, you're welcome to check after the game :p) seemed like he was defending himself, and his vote selection to hard. I think it was post #146, but I can't quote it since i'm on my phone atm, sorry guys. With not much to go off of, this definitely stands out to me. Also, I don't think scum would for sure put themselves into the box vote, i see no reason for them to. Better to let an innocent townie get the blame, and get them lynched later. It's what i'd do.

For the record, I don't believe Vesvius is scum. He did get targeted for death, for sure, and I don't think scum would kill themselves day one. ANyway, won't vote yet. Tell me what you think.

16. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Why are you defending Vesvius? He may be lying of being targeted and I don't trust him yet.

Also why is the thread so empty. I personally think that everyone is afraid of being considered a possible scum after the massacre of night one.

17. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Yes, and I need to kill someone today. :D

Get posting guys or I'll just pick the one I find most suspicious.

18. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

What the fuck does that mean? Does that mean you are a type of a judge role?

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I'm not defending him. I'm stating my opinion. It may be wrong. And tbh, ever since he said he'd vote for me instead of Ashaya i've thought of hiim as town :p

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

^^That's why

Anyway, if it was some sort of 'kill everyone that visits target' ability, then yeah, that makes sense, since those are likely all roles which would visit Vesvius. Whether that means Vesvius is innocent, or guilty-bait, I'm honestly not sure. Personally, I'm leaning towards innocent. That, and if he was a target, then due to Kalas, he may be dying tonight regardless, thus more or less wasting a lynch if performed on him.(sadly, also wasting the Telescope from the box)