1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Struggle For Dark Hallow | Everybody (But Kalas) Wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by SmileOfTheKill, Jan 13, 2012.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've got to agree with Snowflake here, my mind's flatlining trying to decipher the taint/kill stuff and then posts like what Moridin just did, oi.

Alright, given the flavor is so neutered here compare to last game that trying to read into it isn't really all that helpful anymore, we have to pick what we can and hope for the best.

If I'm not mistaken, Smile said the flavor would always be neutral unless the role(s) affected choose to influence it/let it be influenced, so out of the three confirmed eliminations, which bits of information can we speculate about?

I'd say jwlk or Ashaya could be a revenge-kill if Evan was Marcone, and of the two I'd lean more toward jwlk if only due to the suspected weapon of choice, but this is kind of grasping at straws to make up for the lack of detail a Red King NK should have described- it's just too normal :\

Ashaya was probably hit by the Blackstaff due to the explosion. His role went with the flashy heart-kaboom style of flavor in the last game, and of what I remember in the books a bomb might also fit with his methods.

Sacrifice is where I'm drawing a blank. We know a Denarian was purified, but the question remains which one? Getting Tessa out of the way would be a huge benefit if only because they wouldn't be able to steal any info off of Morty and Dresden, but the text is just... bland.

Any of them could have caused that kind of damage in a fight, but hell, wouldn't Nicodemus have rampaged a lot further and racked up more carnage in the process? A couple of buildings is pretty meh.

What are your opinions, guys?

2. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

There wasn't a marcone kill last night.

I'm assuming that means the flavor will spell it out when there's a marcone kill.

---------- Post automerged at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

But good try at trying to convince us there wasn't a Red King kill last night. ;)

3. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Good for confirmation, I missed that going over the roles again.

So there really isn't much of a point to trying to disguise the flavor the first day/night, then, because we already know the Blackstaff and the Red King should be taking out someone. All it does for the moment is confuse us.

4. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

In summary, about the only thing we can possibly presume, is that the Erlking managed to taint a Denarian, since they didn't come forward about the taint? Well, that, or whoever he tainted simply has yet to come online.

I, too, would think that the flavor about the gun implies a Marcone revenge kill, except for the bit about public knowledge, dhulli. I may not know the books well, but if the explosion was the Blackstaff, then why would the Red King be using a gun to kill? I mean, it must be him, logically, I just don't know why it would be a gun. Maybe someone who knows the lore better could enlighten me on the matter.

5. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Hey, I'm right now high as fuck on Molly (what I have been doing all day, practically, and shouldn't still be high but I am)... so I really don't care about anything at the moment and my judgement skills are lacking.

It's almost 7 AM, I have to get up at 9 AM to go to work for 2.5 hours and i am not tired at all..., then go get my textbooks hopefully, as they should be there tomorrow, or else i'm fucked... Then i get to do homework and not sleep...

What I am trying to say... after that long ramble that makes me sound high... is that i won't be here most the day. i'll will be on before it ends though, hopefully.

adios, have a great day and a wonderful day. I already know tomorrow i'm going to die from lack of sleep but i'm just not caring at the moment. :D

6. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Oh, I have no idea about the lore so yeah, no clue about why it's like that.

7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

For the record; Smile doesn't read Dresden. He's ad libbing it all.

8. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Wasn't Krogan doing Smile's flavour?

9. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Right... I forgot about that.:facepalm

Well, I'm off for now. No classes due to MLK Jr. Holiday, so I stayed up late, and will wake up late.

10. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    That's what I thought, too.

So we're more or less relying entirely on slip ups to narrow down the roles? Seriously? We get zilch out of the flavor, and no posting out of QT's, with a world of taints and unless we guess right and lynch him, the Red King having free reign to slaughter us night by night?

Holy fuck, guys. I know the first game was too easy on us, but ouch.

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

A couple of things on the Knights:

1)Unless they're stupid, only one Knight can purify tonight. Since two of them have necessarily had to use their power together to cleanse Sacrifice, that leaves us with only one Knight free to act, now. They can use that power only every other night.
    2)Purifying from a taint and purifying a Denarian/Erlking are two different powers. For the former, any Knight can act individually, while for the latter, two of them have to act together. This means that a Denarian shouldn't have any problem in coming out with a purification request, because it only requires the former power, which doesn't "kill" them while effectively wasting a Knights' purification.

Correct me if I read the roles wrong.

I only skimmed the last few pages because I wanted to point this out. I'm going back to reread them, now.

12. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Sidenote, then: I'm heading out for the next ten or so hours. Will check in on this once I wake up in the evening.

13. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Alright, considering coleam and Schrodinger's defense of Sacrifice, I think the Knights should use their only purification on Moridin, the only other tainted player who came out, but it would be pretty reasonable if they wanted to cleanse the (alleged) Denarian taint of coleam. I wouldn't bother with Schrodinger if I called the shots, honestly.

As for the missing taint by the Erlking, here's all I can think could have happened (some theories are more unlikely than others):

1)The tainted player has yet to realize he was tainted.
    2)The tainted player doesn't want to reveal he was tainted (why the hell not?).
    3)Evan Tide was the Erlking.
    4)The Erlking was roleblocked.
    5)The Erlking targeted either Ashaya, jwlk or Sacrifice.
    Thanks, Smile. I opt for #5. :p

Either your reading comprehension failed hard or you’re trying to (scummily) make it seem different than what it is. Eternity Lost was the second person to vote for Evan Tide. I too believe he’s rotten, don’t take me wrong, but this post of yours has registered on my scumdar as well.

14. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

I just want to say incase anyone is thinking that that flavour could possibly be 'public knowledge' for the Marcone kill (the flavour being influenced by who did the kill), there is a zero percent chance that it is the Marcone kill because it is only activated by a night kill and not a lynch. A bit suspicious that Zenzao was saying things that could steer us to thinking that the kill was made by a town member.

Anyways, just thought I would clear that up incase anyone thought the flavour was really spelling out the killer.

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Theoretically, Ashaya/jwlk could have been Marcone and Ashaya/jwlk could have been the revenge kill, while either McCoy or the Red King were roleblocked. Unlikely but possible.

---------- Post automerged at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

But of course, with "public kill" I expect a flavour that leaves no doubt about it, so no: Marcone didn't act last night.

16. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Oh right, I get it. You're right though, he definitely didn't.

I'm kind of glad that the flavour doesn't matter in this one, as in the last one it did and I hadn't read Dresden (I know, I really should get on that) and was finding it a lot harder to make connections than others were.

17. guljons

guljons Squib

So I went over the thread were Sacrifice was first being accused and these people are the ones who more or less defended him:
    coleam https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=528788&postcount=245
    Eternity https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=528815&postcount=252
    Lindsey https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=528856&postcount=269
    Schrodinger https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=528779&postcount=241
    Everybody else just mentioned Evan in their posts about lynching if I didn't miss anyone.

Only one who tried to defend him about the Denarian thing was coleam, the rest just thought he made a mistake about the no-lynch.

From these people the best case scenario probably is one scum, who is Denarian, because they would not put all their eggs in one basket.

---------- Post automerged at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

You know Smile could have not just referenced Erlking of not getting a taint, because his target was killed.

Any one of the 3 others would know that their taint did not go through if they were scum and could just claim that they were tainted in the ones killed place.

18. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

First of all 15+4+8=/=29 which, if you look and page 1, is the official number of players in this game. This is either an epic fail or you're trying to deliberately confuse us.
    Secondly 16 people voted for Evan Tide. You could have been fool by Smiles overlooking Zenzaos vote (which is also kind of fail).
    Thirdly, I agree that some of the people voting for Sacrifice might be scum. I am certainly not one of them. But considering the number of people that didn't vote it's more than probable that some of them are scum.

On another note, shouldn't Jon be prevented from posting today since the rules state that 'That person is kept silent for one day.'?

As to the purging issue. The most pressing taint is the WC since it blocks night actions, which can hinder us considerably.Then the Earlking taint. The BC/Denarian taint is least harmful - in the short term of course.

I'm also wondering whether the lack of Ectomancer flavour is just a..w well lack of flavour or was he roleblocked?

19. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

I missed Zenzaos vote. Blame me being new.

Just stating this to clear up any confusion.

For the flavor, I know a bit about the lore because of some minor research I did but don't trust the flavor. If the killer wants you to know about who did it, it will be obvious. If not, it will be vague such as it is now.

Also for the Red Duchess. Yes the Duchess is weak as can be. I was changing around the rules and I listened to KaiDash too much. If I do this again, She will have a better power.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  20. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

If you're a vampire and you've been tainted, what happens if you get purified, because if it's nothing than that could be the plan to tie up the Knights in purifying people of no consequence. I hope that makes sense to you guys but that's all I can think of and it gives me at least three suspects right now. I'm going to go and analyze everything again and hopefully have more information but so far my sights are set on the three tainted players.