1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Awesomefia ~ Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    He was handed a gun, he gets to shoot someone with it.

2. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

So because you voted for me without putting any reason for the vote, noone else can call you out on how much of a scummier vote it is? And you are waiting for my answer because I will defend myself from the accusations... That you didn't make? I've been ignoring you because I was waiting on you to elaborate because you don't usually do thoughtless actions so I was waiting for your reasoning to respond. Since you apparently don't have one, there's really no reason for me to say anything.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Well, I posted my thoughts after the massacre, and many people immediately went "you're suspicious". If that's how it goes, don't be surprised that some people are too scared to post much.

On the point of suspicion, Sesc is the one I suspect most. He's said a lot, supposedly contributing but he only repeated theories of others, while throwing blind accusations and even lynch votes. Which is exactly what we don't need at this point.

4. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

iLost has said a couple of times that Kalas died to protect Vesvius so he must be innocent but that seems like a fishy thing to say. Kalas' powers do not say anything about knowing innocent vs. guilty, and I feel that of course he would protect Vesvius, he and the rest of us wanted to know what was in the box and thought if he were innocent he would for sure be a scum target. But that is no way to prove his innocence. It just strikes me as really off that saying the player protected on night one must be innocent.

Besides that, this gun should be interesting. Maybe it will get us to try and even out the playing field, giving us a couple kills today instead of just one lynch.

5. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

About Vesvius being scum: There is no big point in discussing this today, is there? If he doesn't die after next night, he lied. We lynch him. If he does, we see his role. He could do some damage in the night, of course, especially with the box, but others could do as much damage by being scum.

About me voting for jwlk and therefore being scum: Yes, I voted for him, but I also rescinded and gave a reason that wasn't mentioned before. With the bandwagon already forming, I could easily just have stayed with my vote.

Also, Sesc, of course it's about Aziraphale in your point of view, but actually, it's about both of you. And if you decide to act scummy without being scum, it's about mislynching. So I naturally take an interest in that.

About scum wanting that box: That's true. However, I'm not sure they really managed to get their candidate a bandwagon - jwlk is the only one we will not be sure about tomorrow, but right now, I'm not suspicious of him. So that leaves quite a lot self-voters.

Finally, I hope to have time to try scum hunting later today. I feel like I only scanned some of the discussions.

6. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

"Kalas was killed in the night. He was a Town Herbalist, capable of visiting a player at night and if the visited player would have died during the night, they will instead die at the end of the next night."

Straight from the horse's mouth Lochness. I worded it wrong in my previous post, so forgive me for that.

I'm saying that of the three who were vying for the box, one has to be scum. Ashaya was killed and was town. I'm guessing Vesvius was the scum's target and anybody that visited him was going to die as well. Thus everyone died that visited him. A special ability? Not sure.

But, since Kalas visited him, Vesvius is probably going to die tonight because of Kalas' power. And since Ash was town, and I'm guessing Vesvius was town since I'm assuming he was the target, that leaves jwlk for scum.

My whole, plan I guess, is to find one scum among the three, and root out the rest by their voting patterns. Because people can twist and turn their words and reasons to not appear scum, but their vote can't be. I'm assuming a lot with this I realize, but so far I'm not hearing anything else from anyone.

So...

Vote Lynch: jwlk.

And if he turns out innocent, and doesn't die tonight, then I'm guessing Vesvius is scum and somehow cost the town four people. If he is scum, then just look to his voting pattern to find others. And I'm well aware I voted for him as well. If anyone else has a plan, or a good candidate for scum, I'll change my vote. But from my POV, I've got nothing else.

7. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Aziraphale: I think my question was pretty straight-forward. And I have my reasons, thanks. So, no, I don't think your way is how it works.

Is this so :3

I rather think it was exactly what we needed. And you do realise that the question of whether Vesvius is Town or Mafia directly influences your status, yes? If he was part of a Mafia trap, you were the first to propagate the theory where he wasn't. After Anya "accidentally" made a post hinting at something similar, completely out of nowhere too?

I'd say you two better hope Vesvius dies next night and turns out to be Town.

Regarding the gun, dhulli. Since I fear I can't get you to poke Aziraphale with it (can I?), I'd say we clear up the player's post list from below. This is for the following reason.

As I said, we likely have a Serial Killer type of role here. Serial Killer would (not too experienced) try to keep a low profile, and avoid risks to blend in, thus standing out. We have people with four or five posts, and I'm mostly suspicious of Jangel. He has posted five times so far, always popping in to vote and say a few words, than popping back out again. No changing votes, no accusations, no theories. In my eyes, these are signs of a Serial Killer.

Of course, you could also put down mishie, who has only posted four times, and did something else interesting: He was one of those who didn't want to open the box. Rationally, it could make sense that an important, single-faction-role wants to avoid something unknown that could potentially harm them.

So, I'd propose to gun Jangel (though I could get behind mishie as well).

8. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Sesc; why shouldn't you? You should do anything you see fit, but if you want anyone to join you on lynching me, you should probably elaborate. And if you don't and are just trying to spurn discussion, asking dhulli to kill me is stupid.

So far you've lynch voted me without reason, suggested Anya and Repblic as a scum team and suggested using a kill on Jangel and Mishie.

Now here's where it gets a bit suspicious. Why would you pinpoint Jangel and Mishie as lurkers yet skip over Vira, who has the least amount of posts (Tied with Mishie)? Mishie isnt a "new" player as you suggested a serial killer lurker might be. I agree that Jangel and Mishie ARE raising flags, but why skip Vira who is just as suspicious if not more?

9. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

I think he's either over-thinking the entire situation, as I believe I am myself, or he's throwing smoke-out to try and get a bandwagon going.

That said, he seems to like aggressive play.

Rescind Vote
    Vote Lynch: Sesc.

Because of your last post, I am beginning to think you are scum.

You have given zero reason as to your lynch vote, when the burden of proof is on you to convince us. Not the other way around. I'm beginning to think you tried to get a bandwagon started, but it went nowhere, so now you're trying to hide it behind an 'aggressive play.'

Add to that, you managed to throw out accusations to both Anya and Vesvius, while throwing more out at Jangel or Mishie. So, yeah, at this point I think you're scum.

10. Sesc

Aziraphale: Thank you.

Rescind Vote.

As for Vira -- well, obviously she has four posts as well, she just didn't strike as me suspicious. I mean, I wouldn't be adverse to killing her, only, she made this post, and it struck me as truthful. I believe she's a powerless Town role, that was why I skipped her.

iLost: That is what makes you suspicious? Me voicing my suspicions and my reasons for them? I gave a if->then scenario for Vesvius, and answered dhulli's question. So how does that work?

11. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Because you're reasons just seemed flimsy to me. Then again, looking at my own, I really can't talk for shit. So, not sure. Frustrated no lynch has started, no one seems to be even voicing their opinions let alone has a plan.

Do all games seem like they drag-on like this, groping in the dark?

Rescind Vote.

I'm going to bed, I seem to be off, and I'm jumping at fucking shadows.

Still think my plan has some merit, but like I said, just not sure.

12. Sesc

iLost: We have more than a day left. I think we should get dhulli's kill done first, and then see if all those who wanted to re-read the thread found out something useful. I have yet to look closer at the more recent posts myself.

And yeah, I think this is a pretty typical game. Three day-days tend to make things move along at a more leisurely pace, which in turn gives you more time to ponder (and go around in circles :/)

13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    So who does dhulli gun for? Mishie? I'm ok with that, because I can't really remember any post he's made (though I know he posted at least once).

There's also the Day Lynch to think about, so we gotta get the gun kill out of the way quickly.

14. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Aye. I think dhulli should kill Mishie. In the head. Point blank. :)

but also. Lynch vote: Republic21

Coz Joker shot Oracle, and crowbarred Jason. Some of that evilness must have rubbed of on you. Never trust a Joker fan. See: Harley Quinn.

Wait... :|

15. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

I'll agree, in part, with your suspicions of Republic, but then you have to look at who else you've fingered. Threw up a vote for Azira, and refused to explain any reasoning behind it; Anya with little basis, Mishie and I but not Anya on post count...

Throwing accusations a little too liberally, for me.

Regarding the box, I think it's fair to assume Vesuvius wasn't scum (a sacrifice this early wouldn't really be necessary). jwlk was either supported by scum in voting (as he pointed out, his asking for town input in box use would give them more influence over it than the other two would offer), or scum himself, as I doubt they'd try to completely ignore the box.

Could there be another effect associated with the box that we don't know about/won't be revealed until later? Just the telescope seems a bit weak, if the theory about how the night-kills happened is true.

16. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

I think we should lynch Mishie instead of getting him shot. There seem to be enough people to get a bandwagon going, and he can still defend himself. I'd rather not kill him before he even got a word in. So:

Deadline Lynch Vote: Mishie

Reasons: Basically, he hasn't said anything. Well, I'll give him he was the first to say that the Box might be dangerous. Apart from that, he asked for a vote count and said that he didn't trust Ashaya, which was pretty much said by everyone not voting for her. He then joined the bandwagons on tuiz/Vesvius. So, lurking scum?

Also: Jangel and Vira, come out and post more! I'm not really suspicious of Vira, she just seems bored, but Jangel's first post still irks me. Why so aggressive? Also, discussion is good! On first day, speculation is all we have. Your other first day posts are not in your favor, either - why a three-way tie? How could it have reduced the chance of a bad outcome?

On the note of people without content it their posts, hello Anya. Lots of fluff, mostly. It isn't that I don't enjoy fluff, but actual reasoning, at least for lynch votes, helps a lot.

Other things I stumbled over:
    - Republic21 asking if we should all rescind. It's an individual choice, of course, and this just seems like steering.
    - jwlk doing a lot of campaigning. And fluff. And heavy, on-going suspicion of Vesvius (or at least doubting his claims of an unimportant role). Now you think him innocent because he says he was targeted. Explain it to me, please?
    - Evan Tide's "Role Claim" or whatever. To me (and many others), it did not read like a joke, but after iLost suggested this, you just confirmed it without elaborating further. Also, you try to lead us to meta-gaming with always alluding to Dresden Mafia. Why is that? We were not all in it, so maybe you could convince us you're town without citing examples from there. Well. I'm waiting for your post after rereading, but right now, I find you highly suspicious.

dhulli, if I were you, I would wait for everyone to voice their suspicions and then shoot about, say, 6-10h before deadline the one you find scummiest (if that isn't the one that is bandwagoned at that time, of course). By this, we can hopefully still react to the role reveal.

---------- Post automerged at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

Oh, and if Vesvius is town, I just really hope that it was not the telescope, but telescope + x and not mentioning that would be beneficial to town.

Regarding Sesc: I do not understand the thing he does with Aziraphale, but some of his reasoning seems sound. Also, he just began to act suspiciously on Day 2 in my opinion, whatever that might say.

iLost, lynching jwlk to check if he's scum is a plan I would go through with if we had more townies to spare. But right now, I'm hesistant about it - let's not lynch him until we have more clues than "scum would want that box".

17. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Aggressive because I dislike when people talk nonsense, and he was talking nonsense. Post did reflect at all on scum suspicions, though, so I dunno why you're so suspicious of it; all it contained was dislike of jwlk's post.

The three-way tie was because if there was a scum in the running for it, and given that there was no actual basis for the vote (1st day, etc), it's better for an essentially random vote to be 1/3 chance on scum getting it than 1/2 chance, if it was something good for the scum faction(s). Assuming at that point, of course, that there was only one scum, not two, in the running. If it was something good for town, the opposite; 2/3 chance of town getting is better than 1/2 chance.

The rest of this quote is quite agreeable.

18. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

First off, I think it was stupid for Dhulli to say he has the gun. Hope he can use it before mafia kill him >_>

Anyway, I believe Ves because it makes sense. I refuse to believe 4 people can die in one day normally, and can easily see town info roles going to check Vesvius. Kalas also would probably protect him. I also don't think scum would kill themselves just to kill more town, since they have the minority already.

---------- Post automerged at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Also, Ilost, why does one scum HAVE to have been in the box vote? Thats stupid that you say that. Nothing HAS to have happened. Many people put themselves in the vote, but only other people can add to their bandwagon. And it would turn into an easy game if all the scum rallied around one person and voted for them.

Vote lynch: iLost.

You've been looking suspicious for some time, and your certainty of things that aren't 100% certain is worrying :/

19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I don't think it was. I assume he got it from Lungs, who can (could) give away guns. But can't he only use it today? Meaning, if he doesn't, the chance is gone.
    That means he has as many chances as the rest of us to get NKed.

I say go for Mishie dhulli. He has as many chances as Vira to be a Serial Killer Type (or even a badly played scum), and since others don't think Vira is suspicious, I'll trust their judgement.

20. Sesc

@jwlk: It's all there.

I have yet to see a mafia-sided role that can do daykills (to stop dhulli). And four power roles in exchange for one of their own seems like a decent trade to me, and remember -- we won't know that Vesvius was targeted and should have died until he actually dies. It's entirely possible some other mafia was attacked and survived. So that theory is still up there.

Anyway, sure. I could get behind lynching mishie -- actually, I could get behind him starting to post more :|

And dhulli can kill Jangel.