1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Struggle For Dark Hallow | Everybody (But Kalas) Wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by SmileOfTheKill, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  2. coleam

coleam Death Eater

I thought we'd agreed not to doubt peoples' real life excuses. There's no way to verify one way or another, which is why most of the games have it explicitly stated in the rules. If you call his debate tournament bullshit, then you lose your defense about not voting on day 1.

/just sayin'

3. Lungs

High Score:
    >town player
    >goes off to debate
    >suddenly scum

4. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

With regards to Jon, I have to ask myself, would I have done the same with any other player?

The player voted while under the Red Duchess effect. Yes, I have to confirm that he was under the effect. This broke the one rule I had of not confirming things but that is needed for this case. Anyways, he resend the vote before I saw the original vote. I also did not start to count the votes in any way. I should note, the biggest thing is I saw the Resend vote before I saw the original lynch vote. While it means that he broke the rules, I have to think. Will I let him live? I will say yes. Will I kill him if he votes/resend again, yes.

Now because of that, do not think it is personal favoritism or anything like that. It is not. I don't favor a player or a faction. The one thing you can fault me for is being too soft with the rules. This is true. I really don't want to mod kill people unless it is required. I've warned who I needed to at this point and fixed any mistakes I spotted. I blame myself here for being new at this hosting, as I have made mistakes.

Everything that I messed up on so far has been noted and will not happen again if I decide to host another one of these. Even now I am writing notes on what would need to be changed if this game has a third round. I also have proper Red Duchess changes in the design so I don't screw over that player.

For Stojil, well I don't see that one as an issue. If someone was using a word document or whatnot and posted what he stated no one would care. No timestamps and only his own words. The only fact that you wanted to kill him is that he stated it was his QT. The Jon issue was serious though.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Oh no. He really is debating. But he's using that as a cover for his lurk.

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Why don't you answer my question, Jon?

7. Jon

Which one? Sorry I stopped paying attention to your posts once it was obvious that you're never going to change your stance.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Posts #539 532 526. I've been asking it for a while now.

9. Lungs

High Score:
    Yes, because I fucking enjoy playing mafia when I'm working nonstop running on exactly 1.5 hours of sleep a night so I can fucking win some fucking rounds.

Right. Because you'd be using your spare time to play mafia and not, say, sleep.

Or maybe even, uh, debate? You don't understand how debate tournaments work, do you? You talk about foreign policy for 2 hours straight, 4 times a day, several days in a row. Doesn't sound like fun to you? Well, it's fun for me, but I really, really don't have time to do anything else.

God damn it. I really don't have to deal with this shit. This is why I decline games, because people are so fucking unreasonable.

Trash.

10. Jon

This one? If so;

You accused me of faking having been auctioned/ using it as an excuse not to vote. Smiles posted saying that he'd give me a break since I rescinded before he noticed. Considering that because of you I'm going to have a shitty day I'm pretty happy with it.

If I was red and getting auctioned, would I have chanced potentially being killed on the mere chance? The answer is No. and I appreciate Smiles giving me a bit of leeway. He, unlike you seems to understand the concept of time zones. We can't all be in the proper timezone for the game, and he isn't punishing me for it. -_-

11. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Don't be an idiot, you yourself admitted to reading too much into things and your reasoning against Jon is flimsy at best. Jon provided proof of everything he's said and backed it up with damn screenshots which he did not need to do and your still trying to call him a liar with the proof slapping you in the face. Its at that point where your case against Jon loses any and all credibility to me. I can understand Azira still going after this because he's an idiot and an egotistical asshole but you endlessly pursuing this is silly, your better than this Stojil.

12. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

@Smile; I'd like to be replaced then. I respect that you dont want to mod kill anyone, but I still feel the last pages discussion has gone beyond the bounds of mafia and SHOULD be taken action on, and I don't really care for playing the game when I feel like you will let someone off for breaking the rules, just to keep the game 'fair' (WHICH IT ISN'T, BECAUSE OF THE RULES BEING BROKEN!).

I also don't want Jon to have the excuse of me having a personal vendetta against him to levy in his favor against the very real (and which he has done nothing to dispute) accusations Stojil has painstakingly put forward.

13. Lungs

High Score:
    Fucking this. In the only game I ran, I let all of my players walk all over me.

My next game, a single rule broken and insta-replacement or insta-modkill.

I'm tired of this shit, tbh. Does anyone really, really want to replace me? Because if they really, really do, they can.

14. Azira

I'd like to complain about this under the DLP Rules under the "Insulting Other Members" clause.

15. Lungs

High Score:
    Also, guys, Jon is Lara Raith. I'm ~70% certain.

---------- Post automerged at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Azira, don't be trash.

16. Jon

Dude. I fucking defended you from Mishie, or did you forget that? Everytime he harassed you I fucking kicked and killed him, telling him to shut the fuck up.

17. Azira

I just got a warning for literally the same thing, don't see how this is any different?

18. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh harden the fuck up already, either play the game or quit but give this crap a rest already.

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

First, I never said or thought you were fakeclaiming the auction. I said that you planned to use it with your buddy Red Duchess because the power was pretty useless for any other reason but looking less suspicious.

Second:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Potentially being killed on the mere chance of what and by what?

Lastly, you and Whight-Knight Krogan are focusing a little too much on the timezone thing. I'm not saying it's false or whatever. I'm saying that even if it is true, I have other reasons to believe you're scum. At the moment, they are more than for any other player.

But be my guest and make a case against guljons and/or Lungs.

20. coleam

coleam Death Eater

So then I could say, "Jon really was sleeping, but he's just using that as cover for not voting." You're just shooting yourself in the foot.

I'm not defending Lungs - as you said, he's been lurking, and I haven't seen enough to get a read on him - but you need to come up with better evidence before you start accusing people. Claiming that someone is using a legit reason to not be paying much attention to the thread as cover for a scum role, with that as your only evidence, is a bit rich and makes you look like scum.