1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Awesomefia ~ Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

So Loch, why all the running to mods? I know I'm breaking the rules, but are you so afraid of my QT that you don't want any version of it floating around?

Empty threat? Not empty. I would have gladly gotten mod killed if it meant wiping out a few more scum to town can win.

Best part is, if I die, it's pretty much game over anyways for town. Scum will pretty much be able to even-stall and prevent majority with 2 more town deaths, which I guarantee will happen tonight.

2. Evan Tide

Quote from QT showing he was Karrin and getting mod killed.

3. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

More importantly, he linked his QT.

4. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Silly man.

5. Evan Tide

Effective way of throwing your weight around against scum. Can't argue that.

---------- Post automerged at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Trying to false accuses others that is.

---------- Post automerged 01-22-2012 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-21-2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

Eh, might as well tell my ability to.

I am the town tracker. I visit people at night and find out if they visit others. I followed Aekiel night 1 and found he didn't visit anyone. I followed LochNess night 2 and found she didn't visit anyone either.

There are apparently abilities that CAN block a death role reveal.

Also, after this night, scum auto-wins guaranteed. KaiDASH's Mafia game design thing has shown that he wants Scum at 25% of town's population.

25% of 23 = 6~ people. With me dead today and another town dead tonight, unless there's a priest alive who gets lucky or a survival role, then that means the zero-dead 6-man scum team can potentially even-stall the rest of the game or throw their weight behind non-scum lynches as they please.

After today, there is a 100% chance of victory for scum with me dead unless there's some ridiculously crazy powers out there or good protection from any surviving priest.

What guarantees are there that Loch actually used that crystal ball? Remember, nothing outside the QT applies and there IS a rule stating that people can fake claim ability activations.

---------- Post automerged at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Derping hard. Not activation. Results from the use of it.

6. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Actually, I didn't run to the mods, what I posted was what I saw when I was logged on to IRC. Anyone with one of those IRC accounts that lets them look back on posts will see that.

Honestly though I don't know why people would post their QTs as it defeats the purpose of the game. I am sure you knew there would be repercussions if you posted it and didn't plan on actually doing so.

No one knows for certain that I am the dancer, although I will prove it tonight, but no one knows for certain who anyone is. I mean we could all post our QTs and figure it out but I just don't think that would be too fun.

7. Evan Tide

No, I actually would post the QT, It's the ban from Sesc that's stopping me, not the mod kill or KaiDASH game ban.

I couldn't care less about the game ban, especially when posting from my QT would pretty much guarantee one scum kill and possibly 2 more. Doubly so when the alternative is pretty much a 100% town loss.

---------- Post automerged at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Let's see.... Who else could be LochNess scum team?

Vira: Loch openly supports her, despite Vira saying she doesn't particularly care about this game. Either a truly useless town or scum smokescreen.

Secs: Possible. Loch sure supports his stuff a lot rather easily.

And no one honestly found this suspicious?

When does town killing town ever mean we get more power?

8. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

[03:15] <Fiat> Can I respond to Evan's most recent post? Please?
    [03:18] <KaiDASHIE> go for broke

I would like to preface this by saying that there is no OBS and I have no idea what faction Evan or anyone else is a part of. I speak only as someone extremely pissed off by this logic.

Alright, seriously, what the fuck?

This new philosophy of "Screw the rules, I'll break the rules and get myself modkilled to ruin the game for the opposing faction" pisses me off. It's actually better if you're scum, because then this is just roughly as bad as the people who take Red Truth seriously (Not you, Jon. You're awesome.) If you're town, though, you really deserve a ban for simply claiming that you give so few fucks about the game's rules.

If I were Kai, you would have been spontaneously modkilled when he made that post threatening to do so.

9. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

It's even worse than that; this and Krogan's situation see rulebreaking being used(/threatened) as an actual game-advancing strategy, not just to ruin it for opposition.

See:

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Alright. This is me as a Mod, not a dead player. The positions on the issue are clear, and if there at all needs to be more discussion, do it here.

Let's get back to talking about in-game stuff. Right after this post :)

12. Pyracrys

Pyracrys Guest

I came back from outside, start reading, and...what in heck..?

IMO, and probably speaking for everyone else too, posting a QT link is as good as ruining the game for everyone. That's the fun in mafia, the uncertainty.

Back to the game, if Evan is innocent, then for sure LochNess is scum. If Evan is scum, then Loch was telling the truth.

Either way about the dancer thing, I think Loch should not dance, cause if the real dancer is out there, the real dancer can dance. Any roleblocking roles can roleblock loch if she tries to dance, but not if the real dancer is someone else.

---------- Post automerged at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

...NINJAS~~

13. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    @Evan Tide: Yeah no

Lynch Vote: Evan Tide

14. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Lynch Vote : Evan Tide

I feel the need to vote for you twice.

The first time is because Loch says your guilty so we kill you and if you are innocent, she dies too. Obviously we can do it the other way round, but the Crystal Ball tips it into the favor of killing you first (not to mention your erratic play)

The second vote is because of your threatening to break the rules, because this recent trend is troubling me. It's a fucking game, if you can't take it and follow the rules and start throwing a hissy fit when shit doesn't go your way or you cant take losing, don't threaten the rest of us who are invested in the game.

In fact, don't fucking sign up at all.

15. Pyracrys

Pyracrys Guest

Forgot this.

16. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

Same here.

This is just... no. Why would people actively break the rules? If you do, winning means nothing. It spoils the fun. (Actually, same for mishie who meta-gamed way too much when saying he was busy "saving town" in DE3 in this thread.)

Umm. If you were the role blocker, you had to know who was dancer in first place, right? So not dancing seems better to me. Whatever, just be sure to state what you'll do clearly so there's no confusion tomorrow.

Actually, I don't think there would be a single scum faction with as much as six players. Apart from that, it's the same if we lynch LochNess. So I'll go with the one who was actually scummier before and also was checked:

Deadline Lynch Vote: Evan Tide

Anyway, why are you all doing real Lynch Votes? I always thought town had most benefit with deadline lynches, because short days are never a favor.

If Sesc's scum, your 100% town loss argument is invalid. He's dead, after all. Also, there were a handful of people believing Vira about her boredom. Town getting more power, I understood as a (perhaps poorly worded) hope we have town roles which can kill.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Please hold while I count + recount the votes, I think we've hit majority.

18. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

We're doing normal votes because we want to move on, discussion won't be moved forward considering we have a person who is for sure going to die, so just normal vote.

---------- Post automerged at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

Sorry Kai...

19. KaiDASH

Day 3 is OVER! It is now Night!

End of Day Votals

Evan Tide (8+1) - LochNess, Anya, Moridin, Jangel, jwlk, Republic21, Aziraphale, Pyracrys | LostInThought
    LochNess (1+0) - Evan Tide |

Evan Tide has been lynched and killed!

Evan Tide was a Town jerkass Tracker, capable of visiting a player at night and finding out who that player visited during the night.

Night will last for up to 48 hours from now

20. KaiDASH

Night is OVER!

bluh bluh stuff happened and it was mildly exciting!

Moridin has died in the night!

Even after close inspection, nobody was able to determine his role.

Also, Klackerz has recieved a gift today! Nosy people like yourself noticed a package containing a Differential Polarity Discombobulator arriving at his house early in the morning.

Use of the Differential Polarity Discombobulator allows the user to select two people and discover if they have the same faction or not. (one shot, returns result privately)

It is now Day 4. It will last for up to 72 hours from now.

BUT WAIT, we have an unexpected interruption![/b]

"So... I must applaud you for your efforts, but you have forgotten one very important factor"

"Me"

LochNess has been killed!

She was a Mafia Dancer, capable of dancing at night and informing the town come morning that the dancer danced.

Sesc has returned to life!

He was a Town Angel of Death, capable of returning to life after a full day and night had passed from the time of his first death. Furthermore, when he returning to life, he must kill 1 player. (To be clear, he is now effectively powerless).

Livelist@d4 (12/23)
    anya
    jangel
    klackerz
    vira
    jwlk
    lostinthought
    republic21
    eternity lost
    fenraellis
    pyracrys (prev: dhulli)
    aziraphale