1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Tareth

Tareth Squib

Nope. However, it can probably be assumed it's more than Hogwarts, considering the people who go to Durmstrang

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ffs

Rarity of Occlumency books.

3. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Reasonable assumption, Seratin.

4. Hesser

Hesser Squib

Santi is a cruel person. I am addicted to this fanfic :) It is so rare: Dark!Harry without all this super!harry, necromancy and god knows what else.

Is he? All Krum's spells are powerfull but he cast them like bludgers. We didn't see him dueling, we saw him just almost killing people. Well, it is my opinion:>

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  5. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Technique doesn't matter when he keeps winning.

6. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

He's the Tim Tebow of the Triwizard Tournament.

7. Lens of Sanity

Lens of Sanity Backtraced

Democracy doesn't matter when "ANYONE" keeps winning.

8. Hesser

Hesser Squib

Yea, my own theories become more and more crazy. I just really want to know what If the Potter's find out about a Dark Arts or professor Rosier :>

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  9. mrstranger

mrstranger Squib

Well it said in the story when harry started dumstrang that victor spent most of his time flying because he wanted to try out for the national team. Now that he is part of the team he would not be spending as much time as before. You take all that time and have victor focus on his studies (maybe he has to maintain a high GPA like athletes in college) and add the fact that harry is tutoring him... and he did pretty ok when they were ambushed by other students when harry was practicing warding.

10. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

No, now that he is part of the team he has an even more rigorous schedule. Granted now that he's the Champion they might make some allowances, but still. He's a starting player on a National team, playing against the best in the world -- he sure as hell hasn't toned it down.

11. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Both of them are new. They are both apparently idiots. Whatever, it happens. Don't think you're much better, to be honest.

In any case, I'm coming around to Harry not in the tournament the more I think about it. It gives Santi a lot more freedom with this year, which can only be a good thing.

12. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This. I don't know that anybody's considered it, but not having Harry in the tournament literally lets Santi do whatever he wants with the plot.

13. EmbroElite

EmbroElite Disappeared DLP Supporter

I apologize if these things have already been pointed out but I just finished this story on this site and didn't want to read through 200 plus pages of comments on it before posting. I've noticed three possible errors in the continuity of the story although all are minor.
    The first is that the first names of the Durmstrang professors seem to change, although I might have just been thinking of the wrong one when I read it. The second is that it is stated that Nathan was getting a Firebolt as an early birthday present, but then when Harry receives the one from Viktor he asks if James got it for him. The final thing I noticed was that in the chapter Dobby appears in, Harry and Nathan ask him why Sirius sent him, implying that Sirius has elves other than Kreacher, but in a later chapter Harry tells Sirius that he should get an elf, and seems surprised when Sirius states he has one.
    Again I'm sorry if these have been pointed out.

14. Ched

The first has been addressed. The second has been addressed multiple times.

The third I do not recall reading. Interesting. I guess it'd be more likely that Sirius would send an elf than someone else would, but still, a good point.

15. false morality

false morality First Year

Harry just assumed that Sirius sent the elf, and when he told Sirius to get one he wasnt aware of Kreacher.

16. mrstranger

mrstranger Squib

Maybe Harry was referring to Sirius sending the elf as a means of pulling off a prank and not necessarily implying that he owns one....

17. Ched

What does Sirius do in this fic again? I can't remember. Does he ponce around as the head of House Black or does he have a job? A job that might involve sending house elves around to do things?

I mean, sure, Sirius could have just pulled Dobby out of his ass, but that's beside the point.

Harry thinks that Sirius hasn't got any elves, as evidenced by the bit later with Kreacher. It is logical that Harry would guess the elf would come from Sirius, as there are precious few other people who could have sent it (in his mind) due to the charm. Fine.

But in that case shouldn't his thought process be more like "What the hell?" rather than "I wonder why Sirius sent it?" It could have come from Dumbledore or Lupin, after all, though perhaps they'd be less likely.

tl;dr -- It's easy enough to come up with various ways to explain the nitpicky bit with the elf, but the simplest explanation is that something doesn't seem to add up just right.

18. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

It was obviously a prank, that's why he though of Sirius, duh.

19. Ched

Eh -- good point. I wouldn't call it "obvious" but it's something I hadn't considered. I stand by my tl;dr statement though.

It's not enough of an issue to worry about fixing at this point though -- if it's even an issue at all. Besides, it's been a while since I read that bit.

20. EmbroElite

EmbroElite Disappeared DLP Supporter

Yeah I knew it wasn't a big deal and I only noticed it cause a had just re-read the whole thing. I just figured I would point it out incase it was an oversight or an error.

Not open for further replies.