1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Awesomefia ~ Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I checked Jwlk and Sesc. Both of you are in the same faction.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Eh, much as I'd like to think jwlk is innocent, there is too much at play here t be certain. We don't know klackerz's faction, we don't know who's giving out those abilities, and if the recipients are somehow connected. Hell, jwlk could even have an ability that shows him as Town, like Dark Lord in DE, thus why he's so adamant on getting checked.
    Not saying that's what happened, but it is a possibility. Unless jwlk has an ability that fools checks, both jwlk and klackerz are together now in their scumminess or lack of one.

3. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

meh, I got the message from KaiDASH That both of them are on the same faction.

I do think jwlk may be a scum and if may have a role which returns innocent.

Anyway let's hear Sesc's plan

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Great. Now here's what happened.

1.)

As I suspected I'd die that night, I sent a mail to jwlk. It included, among other things, the information that I did not die, and would return in two day's time. I excluded the fact that I could kill someone upon my return.

By then, I was reasonably sure that jwlk was Mafia, and that was for the following reason: If you analyse the tuiz Lynchwagon, there are three separate parties: One for Evan Tide, one for tuiz, and one for no votes. And like all clever mafia, they would spread their votes, because blockvotes are suspicious. The problem was, however, that due to the great number of deaths -- and convenient lynches -- the possibilities for the two smaller parties were very limited.

Evan Tide: Ashaya, LostInThought, LochNess, *tuiz*

Ashaya and tuiz were Town, LochNess was Mafia, and I'm reasonably sure this means LiT is Town as well.

No Votes: Castiel, Mishie, jwlk, Fenraellis, iLost

Castiel, Mishie, iLost were Town, which leaves jwlk and Fen, and since jwlk was one of the Box contenders, he's the likely Mafia candidate here.

2.)

So that was the state of things when I died, and sent the mail. This mail meant that exactly TWO persons would know about my non-death, namely, jwlk and me. And then klackerz derped epically, and posted this:

I swear I wondered for an entire day if this was some sort of odd ploy I didn't get, but in the end, there was no other option than that he made the slip of all slips and revealed that he knew I hadn't died -- which, of course, was only possible if he knew about the mail, and that worked only with a shared Mafia qt.

3.)

Following that, there was also the entire LochNess fiasco, and klackerz the one who suggested to check jwlk, who obviously had no problem with that, since the "check" would always return Town alignment in here. It was an obvious play to get him cleared -- klackerz suggesting it, jwlk agreeing to it, LochNess lying about it -- which was scrapped for a different plan, because Mafia had realised that with my supposed two-days timeout, they would have won already by the time I returned, if they got one more Town lynch.

With the wrong information I provided, it looked like this for Mafia: 14 players, 8 Town, 5 Mafia, 1 Solitary.

After Evan Tide lynch and NK: 12 players, 6 Town, 5 Mafia, 1 Solitary (Lynch votes needed: 7)

So they could have blocked any lynch attempt, and just proceeded to NK all the remaining Town (which was why it didn't matter that LochNess would be outed), and when I returned, after another day, we would be at again at 12 players, 6 Town (minus one NK, plus my rebirth). Game won.

Of course, it didn't work out like that since I lied :3

I returned a day sooner than expected, and killed LochNess, so right now, we are at least at 12 players, 7 Town, 4 Mafia, and possibly at 12 players, 8 Town, 4 Mafia, since they might have been unlucky and killed the lone faction (Aekiel/his replacement).

4.)

Today, klackerz got the Parity probe, and I was reasonably certain that jwlk was Mafia, and somewhat less certain that klackerz was. Since he now returned we have the same aligment, I'm forced to conclude he is lying, and both are Mafia.

TL;DR: 4 reasons to lynch both jwlk and klackerz, and the question is in which order.

5. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Trollol That was a stupid derp on my part. Belive it if you want to. I never derp when I am scum. I only derp when I have no idea what is going on.

6. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I would also point out that Dhulli used his gun that he got to shoot iLost, the one person who accused/was trying to really push for a vote on jwlk early on, while completely ignoring a fair bit of pressure to shoot jwlk with the gun. I think jwlk is a checks innocent mafia role, which is why he kept asking to be checked, with probably another strong mafia ability which is why dhulli acted swiftly to remove attention from him. I will quote posts later that shed more light on this.

7. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

I'd say we lynch jwlk first, as him being scum is the main reason klackerz is suspicious.

Deadline Lynch Vote: jwlk

Eternity, I don't know how to address your suspicions about me when they are based on feelings, so just this: I'm not holding anything back. I try to help town as good as I can, but after the majority of my scum/town list turned out to be really wrong in the last days, I kind of lost faith in it.
    (Also, I'm female.)

8. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Sesc, while that does make a fair bit of potential sense, it does also rely on the existence of a particular role, when we don't even know which roles exist :?. Of course, it is also a relatively common scum role power in these games.

That said, a little pressure rarely hurt anyone, and since I'll be able to check again in a few hours:

9. Sesc

You mean the one that checks innocent while guilty, right?

10. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Okay, let's go for it.

Deadline Lynch Vote: jwlk.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    She's alive!

---------- Post automerged at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

Eh, ok.

12. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Yeah, heck there were two... or three(?) in the Dresden games, and in general one in most of the others. So, like I said, I would hardly be surprised, since most of the standard role-types have been represented in some way so far.

13. Sesc

Hm, k.

Because I didn't talk about that role at all. My idea was that jwlk would check guilty alright, but since it was LochNess doing the check, and now klackerz, they could simply tell us whatever.

How did you get the idea with that mafia role?

14. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I don't recall ever asking to be checked, I just said I don't mind since everyone was suspcious of me because one if the candidates HAD to be mafia. I also don't mind dying to prove my innocence, I just hope it won't come back to stab the town. But even if I die and reveal town, doesn't automatically make klackerz town. Lost in thought was very quick to jump on me, when if we lynch klackerz and get his allignment, we can be sure of mine, not the other way around.

What I'm saying is, if we lynch klackerz, and he's scum, then lynch me after if you felt he was lying. If he's town, you know that I'm town.
    However, if you lynch me and I'm town, then that doesn't prove anything about klackerz, because smart scum would tell the truth that me and sesc are of the same faction.

Obviously id rather stay alive, even though my role is useless, if I die though, I'd watch lost in thought, klackerz, and dhullis replacement. The only real evidence against me is that people think the box candidate must be scum. To back track, I think vira is scum too. Only comes when there is a lynch target.

Sorry for rambling, so yah if anyone wants to go with my plan of killing klackerz first, if you think were both scum it shouldn't matter, and would give you a guarentee, as opposed to killing me, which you would just gave an assumption

15. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Sesc's arguments are pretty compelling, there, and I still come back to by earlier points re: scum in for the box vote.

Unless we shift to klackerz,

16. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I think its odd that people think one of the final three HAVE to be scum. Almost everyone put there foot forward. But you'll see, I guess.

---------- Post automerged at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Might as well..
    Deadline vote: Klackerz

17. Pyracrys

Pyracrys Guest

Wow Sesc.

The way I see it is in these few possibilities.

1) Klackerz and jwlk are both scum
    2) Klackerz is innocent while jwlk checks as innocent while he really is scum

I don't entertain the possibility that both are innocent because of jwlk pinging high on my scumdar. That, and the fact of what looks to me (quite convincingly) as shared information between Klackerz and jwlk. Could be a QT. Could be some sort of mail.

Mail's unlikely. Why tell another Townie (assuming scenario 2) that another Townie was returning?

Hence I believe both of them are scum.

---------- Post automerged at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

Oh, and I apologise for not being able to get internet after school yesterday. Apparently only two lecture halls have internet =.="

18. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Why is there no possibility that I am innocent? Lol.

I love how this came out of nowhere, Sesc I could possibly understand, but everyone else was saying how they didn't think I was scum. Well, it doesn't matter, this is my scum list:
    Pyracrys
    Vira
    Lost In Thought
    Klackerz

I'm less sure about the last one, but if Klackerz is scum, LiT is for sure

19. Pyracrys

Pyracrys Guest

There is that slight minute chance, but you are pinging high on my scumdar. I'm going with my scumdar, personally.

Also, klackerz knowing sesc didn't die was the tipping point for me.

Be back in a few hours, RL picking up again.

20. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

Umm, what? Honestly, that's way more jumping to conclusions than me saying that if you're innocent, klackerz likely is innocent, too. The reason that convinced me you are scum is the fact that klackerz knew Sesc was not dead. So, you probably are both scum; if klackerz is not, you would likely be innocent in my opinion even without the check that would make this a certainity. Same thing the other way round. Actually, I find klackerz more suspicious than you, but:

1) If we lynch klackerz and he is innocent, you are innocent. (at least when there is not a role that checks innocent with these things)
    2) If we lynch klackerz and he is scum, you might be both innocent or scum. (though likely scum because of knowing Sesc etc.)
    3) If we lynch you and you are innocent, klackerz might both be innocent or scum (though likely innocent)
    4) If we lynch you and you are scum, klackerz is scum. (at least when there is not a role that checks innocent with these things)

So there is really no way to be certain. But as you said when competing for the box, your role is unimportant, so I'll just go with you. Additionally, I just hope we get scum this time around, because if we don't, we might lose anyway. So I judged the options on the best case, i.e. we lynch someone and he is scum. But all in all, it does not matter to me who we lynch first - like I said, the main reason is klackerz's slip.

Ok, so I'm going on a trip the next few days and probably won't post for the rest of Day. Hopefully, I will be able to check in at least once before the day ends and change my vote if that is necessary due to whatever.