1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm with Lungs, but hesitant to throw a Lynch Vote at Cheddar just yet.

2. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

I don't see scum. Why do you see scum?

3. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

We have yet to choose a Lord Commander, and we're going into lynch votes already?

I find Cheddar pretty darn suspicious, but I want to see his explanation first. Also, since there are two candidates already, are we supposed to start voting now, Lutris?

4. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Lungs is all twitchy because Cheddar doesn't support his bid to be Lord Commander. All hail dictator Lungs?

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Eh? Not sure what ya mean -- I explained my reasoning for what I said when I said it (I don't see much option but to trust the list Lungs provided, and I don't think that early posts will make it obvious who is what until we have a night phase, therefore I'll just pick someone from here). After several posts by the other candidates I decided to go with my original statement.

What is it that you think needs to be better explained? I didn't vote earlier b/c I wanted to wait and see, but after waiting for a couple of pages I didn't see any reason not to.

umadbro? ;)

6. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because I wasn't lurking, Anya ;)

Cheddar's said a whole bunch of stuff that's been really, really inconsistent. Also, she seems to really want good things for Fenraellis, which is pretty suspicious to me :\

---------- Post automerged at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Nah, Kens, you just mad I nominated Moridin instead of you ;)

7. Ched

Oh, but yeah, definitely more suspicious of Lungs than I was before. I hope he doesn't become our leader, hehh.

---------- Post automerged at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

What have I said that's inconsistent?

8. Lungs

High Score:
    Bolded is the problem. I put a list out. Suddenly, people think it's the list or something.

Everyone should have their own lists :\ I just posted mine for convenience - I didn't want to explain why I didn't consider certain people in paragraph format :\

---------- Post automerged at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

I think it sort of speaks for itself.

Also, Moridin was pretty much more impressive than I was :\

9. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

All the votes are always simultaneous. Throw in whatever votes or nominations whenever you want.

10. Ched

My point was that I have no real way to make a list. I guess my problem is that I assume no one is enough of a dumbass to give themselves away before we've had any kills, so it's hard to make a list based on early posts. I also haven't played with most of you before, so I can't judge based on that.

So unless I want to make a completely random nomination, I have to use some method or other to pick someone. I waited for a few pages of posts (which I read closely) to see if anyone would stand out, and I mostly ended up being more suspicious of the other nominees rather than less. So I went with my original decision to avoid not nominating at all.

---------- Post automerged at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

I don't consider that to be me saying a bunch of inconsistent things Lungs -- it was me explaining my thinking, which I guess I'm not supposed to do?

11. Lungs

High Score:
    ... Okay then.

Rescind Vote

I'm somewhat satisfied. I feel as though she played Klael in SW1 (look it up, guys :3).

---------- Post automerged at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

@Moridin, and... please, guys, Moridin only.

1. Which scum faction do you think has the most power in early, middle and late game?

2. Which scum faction are you personally afraid of the most?

3. Do you think that being Lord Commander is a good idea in context of your role?

4. How long do you expect to survive?

12. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Lots of good discussion happening. I'm still hanging on to my nomination vote for awhile, though.

13. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

1. As said earlier, in the early game, I'm wary of the Wildlings. They have a fair number of powerful roles and abilities. While sixskins is a strong power nearing the endgame, it's also powerful in early game if they steal, say, the Undertaker, or the Lecher.

Middle game, I think the Red King's Court becomes more powerful due to the Servant of the Red God and Smuggler powers, giving them some strong outlets to gaining info and using town powers to further their own goals.

Late game, the accumulation of Converts, info from the Smuggler ability and whatever actions they have taken with Servant of the Red God make the Red King's Court the most powerful faction in my opinion. It helps that Servant of the Red God isn't as limited as Sixskins is in terms of number of uses, even with the limitations on Converts and alternate nights. Meanwhile, the Wildlings are pushed into more of a defensive role, with the Horn of Winter their remaining ace in the hole - that could be used in exchange for, say, the Fire Kissed Maiden to take out a power role that revealed despite protection.

The White Walker is a bit of a wildcard, in my opinion. Reanimate is useful, but requires that the White Walker be sure of the roles involved, limit the usefulness of the ability or risk a reveal. The Wights can also be powerful roleblockers. The Winter Kill is useful, but we have several protections against it, and overall, that faction's powers, while formidable, don't really compare all that well to the abilities of the other two.

2. I'd say the Red King's Court, especially as the game progresses. They just have some strong ways (Convert, Servant, Smuggler) to turn the town's own competence against them.

3. Yes, saying no more than that.

4. Well, that depends. The one killsave given by the Lord Commander role would certainly help, but I can see the scum gunning for the Lord Commander given that he is the one who receives the Ranger Check. So, yeah, I guess it depends on how willing the scum are to take him down. If I'm not the Lord Commander, I suppose that depends on how the game plays out, though they might hit me on a later date on general principle.

---------- Post automerged at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Also, how about the other LC candidates (Lungs, Vesvius, possibly Ashaya and Fen if you still want LC) answer those too? I'd be interested in seeing where you guys stand on that stuff.

14. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Hey guys!

Why aren't I lord commander yet?

15. Lungs

High Score:
    1. Wildings early game, WW midgame and Red King Court late game - I think that the advantages of numbers is really hard to beat.

I see the transition between games as a slow evening of Town's numbers with total scum numbers, and at that point, if there's a competent White Walker, he/she will have three or four wights.

Even worse if he or she has a scum wight - that way, when the transition between mid and late game happens, he/she would have all but won.

The wild card I thought was in this game was the Red King's Court - depending on how many Converts, a perfectly timed Azor Ahai will ruin the game for all the other scum or town, etc.

What I mean by most power in this case is the timeframe in which the scum factions can set up a quick victory, not when they have the most wherewithal to cause trouble.

2. White Walker. Winter is coming, and the only beacons of light are scum, or figures that will be hunted down like dogs by scum :\

White Walker will probably win this game unless we kill him early on, or are very lucky with our Ranging protection. The midgame, after all, is the longest time period.

3. Yes. It won't be the greatest role ever, but it is by no means a bad idea to elect me.

4. My survivability would probably be somewhat decent for three or four days - in the context of this game, chances are, we'll be deep in midgame before we die.

Other Notes:

I think that it is within the interest of every faction but the White Walker to hunt down the White Walker.

The White Walker is Hermonie. D8

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, what I'm curious about is just why Cheddar Trek is trying to so hard to get me in. Especially when it seems strongly likely that the position is going for Lungs, Moridin or Vesvius at the moment. While appreciated, the unlikely diligence is also concerning to me.

-----

Anyway, there is something that I noticed earlier in the thread, and took note of in my QT(Yes, I actually took notes for once!).
    I read Sacrifice's post, and I was sure that there were other methods available, so after looking at the role list, I took note in my QT.

To quote what I said:
    "Sacrifice's post #53, is only counting the Blacksmith, Ser Piggy, the Angry Knight and the King of Giants as means to kill the White Walker. This ignores a couple of key points. First off, the Red King's Court's Azor Ahai can kill the White Walker. Secondly, the Wildlings have at least one, if not two other methods to kill the White Walker as well. Based upon the wording, I believe that the Horn of Winter will as well.(unblockable kill, but it doesn't require a Conversion like Red King's Court does, which can't be used against the White Walker)
    There is even the possibility of a well-timed Sixskins being used on Ser Piggy or the Angry Knight, and getting an unblockable kill that way."

While I can't say for sure whether this is being oblivious(at least one scum method is mentioned though), or a massive Scum tell, it really came off as suspicious to me.

If it is a Scum tell, I'm not sure for which faction, since information regarding a means by both factions to kill the White Walker is withheld. Possibly even the White Walker themselves trying to prevent the other Scum factions from thinking of the other methods. Sixskins in particular being quite easily not thought of, as it would require impressive timing, or sacrificing a member of their own team after selecting the Angry Knight.

17. Lungs

High Score:
    If it's a Scum Tell, I think Sacrifice is the White Walker.

I respectfully disagree though, Fen. I think it's a really town reaction to be hyperalarmist when you figure out that after 4-5 people die, your game is over.

Only Lutris knows how creeped out I was in my QT when Sacrifice posted that.

18. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Ah yes, I almost forgot a Red King's Court Convert Kill on the Blacksmith or the King of Giants, allowing them to give someone a Sword of Valyrian Steel, or kill the White Walker if the Red Priestess is attacked... although the latter also relies on the relatively random chance of being hit the following night by the White Walker.(Ser Piggy, the Angry Knight and the Warg can't be converted, so those options are out.)

---------- Post automerged at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Bleh, you posted before I could add onto my post. Anyway, I guess you make a fair point, but I'm not going to get rid of my suspicion quite yet.

19. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

I missed out the Azor Ahai ability and Convert Kill. Now I'm going to look like a Red King's Court member :facepalm

I was thinking the Horn of Winter cannot kill White Walker, simply because it did not state "this will kill the White Walker" in the rules.

Sixskins ability, will require the Wildlings to sacrifice their own member if they pick the Angry Knight. Also, they will need to know that there have been two mislynches, before they decide to pick Ser Piggy. I doubt scums will want to lose members, but hey, it's a possible strategy like you said.

---------- Post automerged at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

and Lungs, why are you creeped out? ._.

---------- Post automerged at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Hold on. Convert kill can't be used, Fen. White Walker can't be converted. >.< derped.

---------- Post automerged at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Possible, but unlikely.

20. Lungs

High Score:
    By the strength of Winter. D8