1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Awesomefia ~ Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I'm honestly not sure why you are acting so naive about it, when the one is a common role ability of at least one or more scum in almost every game so far(as I stated in the post you were commenting about), and the other is an oft-cited, if never yet enacted, potential scum strategy. I know that you know about the previous mafia games, so...yeah.:confused:

Anyway, I really am going to sleep now, as I've spent too much time chatting with a friend and staying up late. Only about two hours of sleep for me tonight.

2. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I really suspect Jangel as I said before. So to get atleast some discussion going on.

Vote Lynch:Jangel

3. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

Soon, half the Day will have passed and we haven't even managed two pages. We can't afford to mislynch, but obviously, town isn't as interested in this game as it could be.

Now let's look at the ones that were nightkilled (because lynch votes don't seem to start a discussion):

- Vesvius: obvious kill, and effective with the bomb or whatever that was
    - Sesc: maybe he did too many tl;drs. Or scum tried to play mind games with us regarding Aziraphale, maybe wanting to frame him, maybe wanting us to think they wanted to frame him...
    - Moridin: No idea, but I haven't had the time to reread again.
    - Klackerz: Unexpected. We still have a confirmed townie. Maybe scum thought there is a Healer left. Now, reasons why klackerz could have survived:

(1) He is a Traveller role.
    (2) Healer healed him. (Highly unlikely, would have protected Sesc)
    (3) He wasn't targeted at all. (Unlikely again, someone would have said something)
    (4) He is a scummy Traveller role
    a) Big faction scum. They do the kills themselves, so that ability would be pretty pointless apart from encouraging the bluff Fenraellis pointed out
    b) Tainter.

Another thing:

Elaborate reasoning... So, do you think Jangel was on a scum team with her?

Anya and Jangel haven't posted at all today. Anything to say?

4. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

The disinterested townies is bullshit. We've finally had a reprieve with a night where a townie hasn't died, and people like Anya and Jangel havent posted at all, while all Vira did after being called out was to claim vanilla without adding anything else and dropping off the face of the earth.

5. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

This makes me pretty sure Vira is innocent, well at least not in the big scum faction.

The only other suspicion I have is Jangel, as LiT said. In fact, that's a pretty good read.

Rescind Vote

Deadline Vote: Jangel

6. Pyracrys

Pyracrys Guest

Sheesh. Crappy internet + computer eating my post = sorry for not posting

Its just before school now.

In any case, what I have is nothing new. Assuming Klackerz did get NK-ed and survived, then how did he survive?
    My theories:
    Traveller
    Mafia NKed their own
    Protected somehow
    Survivalist-type

I don't think Klackerz is mafia if this is the case.

Jangel and Vira has been super lurky. I don't know about Jangel, but I am semi-believing Vira's claim because scum lurking seems to have been pinpointed as a telltale sign of scum.

As for the rest, I don't have many reads.

I'll come back to read in my break!

7. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Two things:

Anya not voting/talking yesterday or today; there's disinterest, and there's trying to be ignored completely
    EL claiming vanilla town with no basis always makes me suspicious

The both of them claimed a shared QT 4-5 pages back, and having seemingly vanished from radar, despite doing nothing at all to confirm that they're town.

At this point in the game, voting based on just posting frequency's a bit dangerous, when there's more significant behavior to consider.

8. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Sorry sorry sorry. I kind of completely blanked. I missed the last lynching and when I got to it it was night so I couldn't really do anything. Then I forgot about it again.

I'm really sorry.

Anything interesting happen?

9. Pyracrys

Pyracrys Guest

Jangel: are you suggesting to lynch one of el/anya just to confirm the other is town? As it is scum screwed up by failing to kill another person last night. Yay for us!

But, it does not change the fact that scum can still potentially win if we screw up another lynch again. Going along with an assumption of 2 factions total and 4 scum left (after lochness died), we have:
    Town 7 scum 4

Using/screwing another lynch on town brings us to town 5 scum 4

So many things can screw us over in that scenario, unless we magically hit all 4 on lynches.

Then again we're dead in the event of an assassin-type role, sacrifice for extra NK, soup mechanism, etcetcetc.

PS: my numbers may not be accurate, i'm merely assuming.

So, best NOT to screw up one more lynch.

10. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Okay, I feel like lynching everyone. This is bullshit. The point of the game is to post as much as possible, since Mafia will be reluctant to do so. They don't need to discuss shit. We do. As such, I hate you all.

Now regarding this.
    The point I'm trying to make is this. Your posts read like what follows:

Person X: Oh, I think klackerz could be a role that checks innocent.
    You: Oh, I agree. That's a really common role bla blah etc.

Person X: Hm, could it be possible scum self-lynched them, in an attempt to divert attention from klackerz?
    You: No, I doubt that. It's possible, of course, but kinda unlikely bla blah.

Except there is no person X. Your posts read like answers to questions no one ever asked. That's twice you've been doing that, and it's really jarring. The first time it happened, it even sounded like you were responding to me, but I had never talked about such a role.

I dunno what this is, but it makes me suspicious.

Deadline Vote: Fenraellis

11. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

There's no point in splitting the vote

Rescind Vote

Deadline Vote: Fenraellis

At the rate things are going, I'm worried we're not going to get a lynch today.

12. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I referenced past games, and what has existed in the past as viable questions. Surely you have voiced answers to questions which you have thought to yourself before. It can be difficult to answer other peoples' questions when almost nobody is asking them(something that I actually think has been pretty interesting in HoT2).

For what it's worth, I'm going to go with what I said before and:
    Deadline Lynch Vote: Jangel

13. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Sesc, your argument at #630 doesn't really make sense. Your main point seems to be "hey, you posted something I hadn't thought of, you must be scum". And it's not just targeted at Fen, you've done it before.
    Also, I find all the vote hopping to be mighty suspicious (looking at you, EL).

14. Sesc

It's more a, it doesn't make sense, so he must be mafia. Isn't it?

To be precise, I did consider the possibility that mafia attempted a self-kill, on a role that can't be killed. But I didn't post that thought, and neither did anyone else, and yet, Fenraellis still came out in defence of that, even though it wasn't an issue at all. Like, totally not.

It kinda looks like a pre-emptive nipping-that-line-of-thought-in-the-bud thing. Or in other words, something you might do to make sure your plan works as intended. It just doesn't sit right with me.

And additionally, there's still the split vote on the tuiz lynchwagon, and Fen remaining as the only unknown one left that abstained.

Personally, I find not voting at all far more suspicious.

15. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I will concede you make good points Sesc, but at this point I want Vira/Jangel to be actually talking instead of lurking so

Relatively sure he is scum at this point.

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Sesc, I don't see what you see. I'm not even sure what Fen did that has you up in arms. But we are meant to post our interpretation of events, so that we may find the scum through a varietty of scenarios.
    I refrained from voting, because I'm trying to understand why you voted for Fen. And because not a day has passed yet, and we got three.

We've had two or three players we've been suspicious of for the least few days. jwlk, Vira and jangel.
    Jwlk turned out innocent, Vira claimed Vanilla and returned to lurking. I'm pretty sure Jangel is scum, but I don't want to vote yet. If I do vote though, it'll be for him.

No, not voting this early is not as bad as vote hopping.

17. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

At the moment we have the grand total of 2 votes, and we need more.

Jangel (2)

Fen (2)

Now I've realised Jangel's post 627 looks extremely suspicious. He's pointing a finger at me and Anya, and I've just realised something. I think it's a massive scum tell.

Rescind Vote

Vote Lynch: Jangel

Sorry for the vote hopping, but this vote will stay unless it seems to swig towards Fen.

18. Pyracrys

Pyracrys Guest

Because school made me completely forget to to do this in my earlier post (#629). Rush to lessons. /facepalm

And also I hope I'm awake before day ends.

19. Sesc

Evidently.

You mean the day that ends in 13 hours from now?

I am not sure I said Jangel was suspicious recently. So that we excludes me.

And switching your vote merely means you're not sure whom to vote for, also draws attention to yourself and is basically the antithesis of scum.

Seriously. What was that just now?

And I'm starting to get the feeling that Jangel is the mafia lynchwagon. It works out great if you assume the opposite of what Fen said, and place him and klackerz into the same corner. Can everyone please consider that? The last time we lynched lurkers, it really didn't work out great at all.

Jangel (5): klackerz, Fen, Aziraphale. Then EL, Pyrachrys.
    Fen(1): Sesc

Jangel needs to explain the hiccup in #627, and everyone else mustn't vote for Jangel "because we need to lynch someone".

20. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

I forgot to answer this in my last post. I just thought, with everyone voting for themselves, scum would fit in just fine doing the same in hope of eventually getting people to join them.

I have no words.

Or you could, you know, ask some questions yourself. Whatever.
    (1) Why do you think scum chose to kill Moridin? And why was his role not revealed?
    (2) Do you think analysing voting patterns is useful?
    (3) Who do you suspect (apart from Jangel) and why?

While Jangel is suspicious, his sudden bandwagon seems off. For now:

Deadline Lynch Vote: Fenraellis