1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Awesomefia ~ Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    12 hours left? Shit, I thought there was more than that.

Wait a minute Sesc, you mean to say that vote hopping doesn't ring your scumbells? People mustn't vote unless they have a semi-serious case against someone, especially at the point we're at now. Vote hopping shows that voting means nothing to you, and that you merely vote for whoever is most likely to be lynched. Thats very suspicious to me.
    Jesus Sesc, if you weren't a confirmed Townie, I would be 101% sure that you're scum.

This, however, leaves us back to square one.

2. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Except when they don't want to do what you tell them to, right?

---------- Post automerged at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

To elaborate;

Sesc is using the EXTREMELY false logic (because he is confirmed town) where if you do what he says, it means you're town, and when you disagree with him, it makes you mafia. (Fen pointing out roles and shit like that, people switching at his behest = innocent, while if you don't = guilty.)

3. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Lynch vote: Jangel

Because of the reasons EL said.

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

... lmfao. Is this some sort of weird mafia plan to divert attention because I'm getting too close? Otherwise just wut.

Aziraphale: Those quotes say exactly the same. I'm not sure if you think there's a difference between the two. Furthermore, as you will agree, jwlk turned out the be innocent, so I was entirely justified in lobbying for a switch in votes.

Republic: I'm not going to debate with you about whether vote hopping is scum tale. We have more important things to do. Feel free to disagree, but it makes sense. No sane scum will change their votes three times in a row unless there are some really extraordinary circumstances (which there weren't), especially not in a game like this where you can pop in, vote, and pop out again, and exist among Townies doing the same.

---------

So, what do we have now -- me pointing at Fen, Aziraphale popping up with an omgwtfbbq in response and a random lynchwagon on Jangel.

Right. How about we leave Jangel alone now, and switch to Fen?

5. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I will vote for Fen, if you give me a reason. Him pointing out possible scum roles (that -!!!- you hadn't thought of) is not a reason. I don't want another mislynch, we can't afford it.

6. Sesc

I must have said it three times by now that it was the way he did it, not the fact.

My post brought up the idea that Scum!klackerz pushed for Scum!jwlk to be checked because scum!LochNess was doing the check. Obviously, she could have cleared jwlk that way, by simply lying about the result (or not doing the check at all).

Then, Fenraellis posts this:

How does that even make the least bit of sense? As a response to my post? No, it does not rely on that role. And I never talked about that role. It's a complete non-sequitur. Except if you include Aziraphale's post -- he was (for some reason) talking about the checks-innocent role as well, when it was completely irrelevant to the case at hand.

If this doesn't seem highly odd at best and like a (badly executed) mafia plan at worst for you then I'm sorry I can't help you.

You say you don't want a mislynch -- well, we have six votes for Jangel, and I'm Town. If you feel like you are Town as well, this means at least one Mafia has to be voting for Jangel right now. Considering that half the town isn't playing, Mafia could stall all lynches. There is no need to lynch one of their own, so you have the mislynch right there.

Except, of course, if you are mafia?

But then again, Vira doesn't play, Jangel isn't defending himself, so why the hell do I even bother.

7. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

compare with:

All Sesc did in the meantime was elaborating his points, as far as I see it.
    To be honest, I wanted to vote for Jangel, first. But then Fenraellis newest posts seemed scummier and scummier (because they weren't answers at all). And then people started to vote for Jangel out of the blue, often without much more explanation than "Yeah always was suspicious". I'm staying with my vote on Fen, even if that might mean we get no lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

Also, what's up with klackerz? He might as well be dead for all he posts today.

8. Sesc

LiT, we already are lynching Jangel, currently. It's like watching a trainwreck in slow motion -- in six hours, it's over.

And klackerz started the Jangel bandwagon, so no need to post if that is coming along fine, is there?
    /irony

9. LostInThought

LostInThought First Year

Yes, I'm aware of that. Though I can still see the possibility of someone rescinding. However, if Jangel isn't scum, there will likely be scum that haven't voted yet (and will do so if necessary), so we'd better hope they are all asleep, too.

10. Pyracrys

Pyracrys Guest

As usual, posting in class. I'm a bad kid.

Basically we're just lynching based on frequency of posting. Right? A no-lynch brings us down by another number after the NK, making it easier for scum to win.

My vote on Jangel was based on his post. Fen is up on my scumlist, but since we can only lynch one or none i'd rather we lynch the bandwagon-ed person (hopefully scum!jangel) just to avoid a no-lynch. Scum still can NK, that's what makes this so perilous.

Also sesc, can you post your guesses on possible scum?

---------- Post automerged at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

I had thoughts.

Klackerz was telling the truth about jwlk in the end. So, does that make him scum or town? IMO he's town, and by implication jangel was his scumread.

But scum has to have voted for jangel. Which doesn't add up (cause i still believe jangel is scum).

If he is innocent then we need an explanation for the post EL pointed out. And his general lurkiness.

On another note, no gifts today?

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Current Votals

Fenraellis (0+2) - | Sesc, LostInThought
    Jangel (2+3) - Klackerz, Eternity Lost | Jangel, Aziraphale, Pyracrys

Day ends in 2 hours 35 minutes, I likely will not be around (maybe by phone) so don't post after that point.

12. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

I dunno what people expect me to explain, here. In response to pointing out basic facts (Anya not voting, EL claiming town with no basis, and us all accepting that both are town based simply on a claim of shared QT), EL and others are saying #627 is a massive tell, and telling me to defend it, without actually saying what was scummy about it. If you want me to defend something, tell me what it is.

Let's look at real things, here. klackerz throwing a vote down on me with no explanation, and being absent since then. Republic21 typing a lot, and saying little, in every post, and still having not voted. Fen's bizarre posting.

The only actual argument against me all game has been that I've not posted much. At this stage in the game, we can't afford to mislynch; it's ridiculous to ignore more significant behavior in favor of postcount. I'm not nearly the most suspicious person here, and I think we all need to take a hard look at the people who are pushing for my lynching, especially those that did so after I brought them to attention.

Deadline Vote: Fenraellis

only suspicious person we have a reasonable chance of lynching, at this point (who's not me, obviously)

Also, Kai, I hadn't voted for myself so something's wrong, there.

13. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Fuck I just woke up. I had a tiring day yesterday.

We really are not getting a lynch are we?

14. Sesc

I'd rather we lynch no one than randomly. And I'm not sure what else I can say to convince people to switch to Fen. I suppose, if you want to stare at numbers, Fen had equally few posts before today, Pyracrys.

But that is a bad reasoning in this game, since it's no scum tell. tuiz wasn't, mishie wasn't.

As for my Mafia list -- well, thanks to his recent posts, Aziraphale's back on it. That's another reason to lynch Fen -- I'd say if he is mafia, Aziraphale is likely to be as well after today. Additionally, I'm not sure of klackerz innocence either. His reaction (#610) to the NK felt kinda like an act to me.

And those people are just the ones to start the Jangel lynchwagon. So yeah, is it completely impossible to get you to switch, Pyracrys?

15. KaiDASH

lol.

Day over, please wait while night is loading.

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The sun is going down. (on Friday)

/filler filler

17. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

18. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Eh,
    I think he didn't count it on purpose.

19. KaiDASH

Day 5 is OVER! It is now Night!

End of Day Votals (sorry, no distinction between deadline and lynch)
    Fenraellis (3) - Sesc, LostInThought, Jangel

Jangel (5) - Klackerz, Fenraellis, Aziraphale, Eternity Lost, Pyracrys

No Vote (3) - Anya, Republic21, Vira

Nobody was lynched today!

Night will last for up to 48 hours from now

20. KaiDASH

Night is OVER!

bluh bluh things here

LostInThought was Killed in the night!

Nobody was able to figure out his role from the mangled remains

It is now Day 6. It will last for up to 72 hours from now.

Livelist@d6 (10/23)
    anya
    jangel
    klackerz
    vira
    republic21
    eternity lost
    fenraellis
    pyracrys (prev: dhulli)
    aziraphale
    sesc

Deadlist@d6 (13/23)