1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Tareth

Tareth Squib

Not sure if this has been said before, not enough time to go through 5k replies. As I was rereading this, there was a part where it said that Kira's family had something special/unique in a bad way. Has this ever been addressed again?

I think I remember Calypso hinting at it that Kira's family had a lot of halfbloods but not sure. Have an answer?

2. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    On the thinking about Sirius when Dobby arrived - Sirius is the secret keeper, and as such, Harry thought that House Elves would need to speak to Sirius to find Nathan.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

The problem with Kira's family is that they are pureblooded but have no instances of special abilities in their family. I.e. No Animagi, no Metamorphs, etc. that are generally associated with pureblood status. So they're not much better than mudbloods as far as some are concerned.

4. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I don't think we've gotten the full story there, though. It feels like there's something we're missing/don't know yet.

5. Ched

Quite possible. I'm about 50/50 on it. On one hand I could see this being all there is to it -- if the stigma from it is bad enough, then that's all you need. Kira's attitude about it could stem from her parents, who may have complained about it, put it on her to make a good marriage match, been persecuted somehow because of it, etc.

On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if there was some other aspect to it that we haven't seen yet. But I don't really feel that there needs to be, just that it's possible.

Honestly I'm expecting that Kira isn't going to be a major player for too much longer. She's always been a bitch, Krum could do better (and likely knows it), and lately Kira has been forcing Viktor to pick between her and Harry. That's not counting that in canon Krum dated Hermione, which I wouldn't be too surprised to see happen again.

6. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

I'm laying a bet that the last we'll hear from her is after Victor's broken up with her and there's a tragic animagus accident, when she's off practicing by herself...

7. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

If you think Krum and Kira have problems now, just wait until the second task when Harry is the thing Krum would miss the most if it were gone. Harry might just as easily be Nathan's hostage, but I suspect The Santi will still go with Ron for that.

8. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Speaking of the 2nd task, I wonder how Harry will take it if he isn't Nathan's thing missed the most.
    Or if Harry would agree to being placed underwater with his safety in the hands of someone else at all.

9. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

I'd understand if Harry lost his mind and went on a killing spree using vicious dark magic, being passed over for Ron Fucking Weasley would be more than enough to totally ruin someone's life.

10. Hesser

Hesser Squib

Dumbledore. Sooner or later Dumbledore will find out that Harry is a little bit... dark. But Dumbledore isn't so "white" as people thing. I really want to see future relationship between HP and Albus.

11. Tareth

Tareth Squib

I hope that Santi doesn't do that, and just makes a new tournament format like Jbern did.

12. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I hope he doesn't.

Why should Santi focus on a dumb tournament that happens when Harry is 14 years old that he isn't even participating in? I want to see Harry learn some uber magic and continue down the road to super-wizard, whether good or bad.

This is not a 4th year fic.

13. Reece

Reece Second Year

Also, without Harry then the Santi is free to ressurect Voldemort without Harry seeing the twisted mockery of a man he had become, without him seeing that then I doubt he's going to take any warnings about dark magic that are bound to pop up after Skeeter's article very seriously.

It may also add to the whole 'Voldemort let Nathan live.' It makes Voldemort seem like less of an evil asshole when he didn't kill his brother.

14. Tareth

Tareth Squib

I never saw how Dumbledore was if not dark, "grey". Where's the evidence in that? He always seemed to be doing things that benefit people. I don't think he's done anything that is close to being bad.

15. Ched

By "doing things that benefit people" do you mean all the manipulative bullshit he put Harry through in canon to further his own agenda regarding how he wanted the world to work, because he thought it was better for everyone that way?

As for this specific story... Well, Dumbledore probably isn't Lily White. I mean he did make plans and whatnot with Gellert at some point, it's likely he dabbled in things a time or two. He strikes me more as the sort who made the decision not to be dark after he had a good hard look at it -- which by definition would make me think he's not perfect.

But I do agree with you in general, that Dumbledore is a good guy and isn't likely to be tolerant of his pseudo-grandson being anything else. Though I think he will at least understand the temptation better than James and Lily ever could.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  16. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

Y'all talking about the dark arts like it's cocaine or something.

17. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Once you go dark, you never come...bark?

Fuck. :sherlock:

18. Ched

Bark for it baby! Awhoooooo

...er hem. But yeah, I had the impression of Dumbledore both in canon and in this fanfic as being someone who dabbled in the Bar-- Dark Arts a bit when he younger before deciding to disavow them altogether. It would give him the ability to understand the temptation more, as well as a better understanding of just how far gone some people can get, etc.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  19. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    One thing I wonder about (now the discussion has gone back to Dumbledore) is the inscribed comment in his book with Gellert:

The wording "pledge our lives" made me wonder when I reread last week if this could be influencing Dumbledore now. Heck, with magic Albus could have made an unbreakable vow with GG, and I wouldn't really consider it that OOC - they were incredible young wizards who both had a strong sense of superioity, and dependent on when it happened, Albus might have had a real reason to actively hate muggles.

Sorry if I'm bringing something back up, I haven't read through this thread in quite a while.

20. gatitcz

gatitcz Muggle

He did. Three muggles found out his sister was a witch, attacked her, and drove her insane. His father retaliated against them and went to Azkaban for it. Dumbledore was about to head off with Grindelwald and shared his dream of wizards over muggles when the accident which killed his sister put a stop to it. All canon.

I've always thought of Santi Harry and Nathan as reflecting young Albus and Aberforth a bit. Don't know if Santi ever thought of it that way, I'm still catching up on this thread and the other fics around here.

Not open for further replies.