1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Innomine, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

I had a comfortable 1 mill gold after hitting 50 with maxed Synthweaving and full bought out on skills and max speeder. Did crafting/gathering/mission all the way. Can't really say I had any use of the money @ 50 besides running Diplomacy missions after I switched to Biochem and started to grind LS points for lack of better stuff to do. Credits are overrated. Even as a first character.

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright so for most of last night and today I've been completely unable to connect to any server with Error Code 1003. I tried flipping around the forums to find one but the absolute closest thing I've found is when people mention that the problem just went away on its on. Its a slim shot but any chance you guys know how to fix this?

3. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Flush your dns, reset your router to factory.

4. Krogan

High Score:
    Actually I was just about to post, I did nothing new to it at all but it mysteriously decided to start working completely fine again for no apparent reason.

5. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I must be a genius then :p

6. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

So anyone still playing this? After playing through 3 chars (Inqui, Trooper, ImpAgent) I stopped playing it. The endgame is just plain boring and the storylines are just not worth the time I need to spent on lvling up... and I don´t seem to be the only one with this problem.. the servers are like Tatoine = nobody is online anymore.
    In retro-perspective it would have been better to make it a singleplayer game with 2 stories Jedi/sith.

Ah and the new patch with this legacy system will rape the rest of the roleplaying. Whoever had the idea that a Sith as a Jedi or something like that is a great idea deserves to get shot.

7. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'm no longer playing. I stopped a long time ago now... early February or late January.

I actually found that the story lines were all that kept me playing as long as I did. I took two characters (Sorc and Powertech) to 50 by the time the fourth person in my guild had a 50. It was a lot of fun, and I loved most of the areas. The story lines were boss.

Then I got to late game. There was plenty to do, really, but none of it was epic.

The PvP was stale, mostly. Huttball was interesting, but certain classes had a disgusting amount of advantage with the tiered system of ramps due to moves that allow people to jump to/grab enemies/allies. In that fashion, either adv. class of agents and the Merc were sorta useless.

Most of the late game PvE was hard mode of the early game, which I thought was bad form. Also, I don't think I ever honestly thought a boss fight in the whole game was really fun or interesting.

All that added up... I didn't make it through more than 2/3 of my 3 month game card. Was rather saddening.

8. Krogan

High Score:
    I'm still playing but in all honesty once I finish my Sorcerer and my Scoundrel story lines I doubt Ill play anymore. There are a lot of good ideas here but Bioware really shot themselves in the foot by putting so much effort and focus into the story lines over everything else. Its lovely in a single player game where the game is simply over once you play through the plot but in a game like this where you keep playing well after your plot is over they desperately needed to have things to keep you engaged which they almost entirely failed.

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Does anyone know the actual subscriber count?

10. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

http://mmodata.blogspot.de/

If I read that correctly many are still paying but not playing... which is exactly the same I am currently doing... had exams and some hope for new updates and it was not that expensive.. but I will not spend anymore money on it after my time is up(which is august).

11. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I quit playing a month and change ago.

If you saw the early parts of this thread, you know that I was a huge fanboy.

I didn't get a second character to max level. Endgame just did not hold me, and each planet having a "Story" backfired. You can't just ignore the story and grind. It's like watching the same movie over and over again, kind of.

Closest metaphor I could think of, really.

12. Absolutista

Absolutista Fifth Year

1.2 was released today.. Not redeeming for you unsubscribers?

Believe it or not, I've been playing since january and am yet to get a character to lvl 50. So, I can't really say about endgame stuff but I agree with the above: planet story lines are nice and fun for ther first time but thats it.

13. Krogan

High Score:
    Like I said they shot themselves in the foot big time by trying to make an MMO story focused in this fashion. The stories are good and would have made for an excellent single player game but for an MMO all they do is ensure people are done once they get their character to fifty. I doubt even the most diehard fanboys could stand doing the same planet more than a couple of times taking different moral choices.

14. Gabrinth

It's just a grind to me... I just started skipping story line. I honestly don't see how the story being epic was a problem. If you like that, you had it. If you don't, you could skip that shit and make it WoW with a morality meter.

15. Krogan

High Score:
    It wouldn't be if they had put the same amount of effort into the rest of the game that they did the story lines but they kinda obviously didn't. So to me its basically play through epic storylines once or play them twice while skipping to get to a mediocre at best grind. Hell I wouldn't have even minded that so much except for the fact that everything feels so damned generic. Say what you will about WoW and class balancing issues but at least you feel like your playing different classes every time as opposed to pallet swaps. Add that nagging sense of I've done this exact same damn class before to skipping through the storylines and it just gets a little boring.

I know I'm probably sounding fairly hard on it but don't get me wrong I do really like the game. I just doubt that I'll keep going once I get through the storylines I like once.

16. Gabrinth

Yeah, I got a bit of free time with the new patch, and I went back and made a new character. The novelty of having three buffs (you get the buffs of any class you've gotten to 50 for free) and playing a Pub Zabrak didn't hold for very long at all.

17. Krogan

High Score:
    I haven't managed to test out all of the features yet but the ones I have are kind of ridiculous. I got my Inquisitor to level fifty so one of my legacy rewards was the ability to use Force Storm on any character which is broken as fuck.

18. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

They scrapped rated warzones in the patch. The only thing that was making me consider resubbing. I'm out.

19. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What? Really? Fuck. I'd been keeping an eye on 1.2, especially since they sent me an email saying I get a free month and pet due to being a Founder, but fuck. New WZ, cool, but no ranked? What is this bullshit.

20. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh Lord.

-Facepalm.-

Yeah, not playing that again.