1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt: A Mafia of Stars and Suckers | ExMods win

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Taure's the only one who's actually given any explanation for their asylum vote. Republic and Seratin jumping on without explanation, suspicion growing.

2. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

We can put two people in the asylum tonight. One by the Irene, and one by Aekiel.

The question is, should the Irene stick LochNess in the asylum or should Aekiel? Who is the other person who should be incarcerated?

I'm definitely convinced that asylum killing Ness is the way to go, as then we can know her role, and if she IS town, no one can fake claim as her role.

3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I explained earlier why I think Stojil should be freed but was waiting for more discussion before committing. His posts make me think he's pro town and that's it. He could be scummy as fuck and a devious bastard but at the minute I don't think that's likely. I have no proof but it's rare that anybody has proof in mafia beyond their gut.

4. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

1)
    Seratin, are you actually going to back up any accusation you make?

Let's look at what you've posted:

Mayor vote on Taure, because "he can't be scum again after so many times"
    Began the exodus from Taure to Aekiel, which people found suspicious earlier
    The classic "feeling" suspicion of mishie
    Lynch vote on Kensington, based on lurking (this one, I agree with and later followed, intending to remove it Kensington spoke. Would you have?)
    Saying you're "fairly convinced" of Stojil's innocence, with no explanation

and now calling me scum, again with no explanation. Point out something, anything, please. Pointing fingers, and saying nothing else isn't helpful.

2)
    We could, potentially, asylum-kill both Republic and Lochness (via Aekiel and Irene). Thoughts?

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I don't think there is a reason to lynch anyone unless we have a strong case against them. With the Asylum, we can detain them, see if it has any effect on Night Actions, and if we still want them dead come next Day, we kill them and learn their role (if I understood it correctly).

Really, I don't understand why we would do anything else.

6. Ash

I think this is the best course of action. And as Republic says, we don't HAVE to lynch anyone. The thing is, the Klackerz is going to want to.

So, do we lynch someone, do we leave it up to the Klackerz, hoping no one is randomly lynched?

And for that matter, we have to trust that the Irene will actually incarcerate LochNess. (with Aekiel doing Republic)

7. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm convinced by Ashaya's reasoning regarding asylum kill allowing us to know Nessie's role.

There clearly needs to be some coordination between Aekiel and the Irene on this one. Since the Irene can't expose herself, Aekiel should post, saying whether he will or will not incarcerate LochNess. The Irene can then act accordingly.

Until then, however:

Rescind standard lynch vote

This leaves us with the question of who to lynch tonight. Something we're awful at deciding lol.

---------- Post automerged at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I'm not so sure about Republic.

Asylum killing Nessie is a lot more clear cut, given that she survived an NK. I don't think we should lump Republic in with whatever fate we have in store for Nessie.

The idea of sticking Republic in the asylum isn't a bad idea. Again, Aekiel needs to post to say who he's going to incarcerate.

However, I don't think we should kill Republic immediately. Let him sit in the Asylum for a few days. We can see how it affects night kills etc. (And if scum don't kill people to frame him then, hey, no night kills!). I just don't see why we should kill him when we can incarcerate him indefinitely. We need to be cautious. We only have so many town roles.

It's a bit suspicious, in fact, those people encouraging less-than-cautious killing.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My plan is to lock LochNess up in the Asylum. If the Irene locks up Republic, that's fine in my eyes.

As for Stojil, as much as he has been annoying me this game, I feel that he is a pro-town player that is simply wrong.

Asylum Free: Uncle Stojil

9. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I'm on my phone, so this will be brief. I still think lynching lochness is a good idea. I think this because, I personally had no scum reads from smile, and if loch is town, there could be the two mislynches needed to get a Fen kill (and he can kill republic who is really being.scummy, ill get to it later).

Now on the possibility that she is scum, she won't die. We'll know for a fact that she is scum, and can move on from there. But if she is the Jon, then that's a load off. If its ves/drome we'll know the thrall/otp/kai is alive.

Why republic is annoyingly scum. There are no roles that if you get lynched, you lose. So you're lying. Scum lies. That just seems like an extremely defensive scum reaction cuz you jar a lynch following behind you.

So here's my vote, lynch loch, asylum republic. Then follow up with an asylum kill because we should figure out his role if he's scum? What do you think. Sorry or formatting/errors. On my phone.

10. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

The problem with that is scum have control over whether or not to NK, so we have no way determining guilt beyond the Kensington. If we're using inaction as proof of guilt, guilt can be easily faked. Until we know 2/3 Hermonies are dead, it's not effective. Simply saying "yay, no NKs for a night" doesn't work. If he's framed, then we'll kill him, lose a townie, and NKs will resume; that's not really a benefit. At some point, we have to act decisively.

11. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Woooooow missed like 20 posts. Okay, we can asylum both. I half forgot that aekiel could do it today (though I knew he could, just forgot). Okay. So asylum them both, who do we kill?

12. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

no way of determining guilt in the asylum beyond the Kensington*, assuming he hasn't used it, I meant to say, obv there are other roles that can too

13. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jangel: I was thinking of leaving him in there for at least 3 nights. 3+ nights of no kills would be many lives saved, if they decided to frame him. Treating it as a pure numbers game, framing him wouldn't be worth it for scum: we might kill a town player, but we would have saved more than one, so still come out on top.

14. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Maybe I'm not getting this, but it seems unnesc. convoluted. Why kill Republic using the Fen, when we could commit and then possibly kill + role reveal later? If you had a target in mind other than Republic, sure, but who?

15. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Remember that there are not Vanilla Townies. So each and every one lost shortens our resources to find the scum.

Same goes for Asylum. It may not kill, but it leaves people unable to act at Night. Which can be a very bad thing, if a Townie gets thrown in the Asylum.

16. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I said that's the option is she is town. I forgot multiple people can be incsrserated.

17. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Meanwhile, more associates, more Taures (not really an issue if we're just going to asylum everybody), if the Vira's still alive, that's two potential kills, if the Jon's still alive, that's one potential kill, if the Vesvius is still alive, that's 3+ potential kills, if the Smile's still alive, there's potential kills there...

It's something to consider, sure, but it's not as clear-cut as you make it.

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Incarcerating people for more than two turns is a waste of the Mayor/Irene power as it forces them to put the same person in the Asylum at twice, when other targets may crop up during that time. Remember, incarceration votes simply delay their release for one day/night cycle. If we want a person in the Asylum we should be prepared to vote on their final fate on day two at the latest.

19. Ash

Actually, the Jon WOULD die, and so would the town role. Which, as I said before, means that if she was town, the real Jon could claim to be her role. Not that that matters, as it looks as if we will be incarcerating her.

Annoying as Stojil is, he probably isn't scum. I wish I thought he was super suspicious, but I just plain don't. Guess we have to keep him around.

Asylum Free Vote: Uncle Stojil

20. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Some of you guys "missed" lots of possibilities when discussing what LochNess could be, and you "missed" them after they had been listed. If you don't agree they're possibilities, please explain why, don't just ignore them, because it looks to me like you're manipulating information. Be helpful if you can, to the poor misguided townies such as myself ^^. Some possibilities you "missed" are very unlikely, that's true, but some others are perfectly reasonable and should be held in consideration when discussing the situation. Either way, I agree with the plan of putting Lochness in the Asylum. Republic is also a good candidate for the second spot, given his behavior.

I don't really want to talk about my role. I may be expendable or I may be a powerful townie. But I am town and I'm not really sure why people think otherwise, the Irene included, so I don't know how to defend myself.

I already explained my stance on the Asylum votes.

As for being annoying, I can imagine how I can result as such to the players I accused. That's a normal reaction both if you're town and scum, so no real conclusions to take from that. This said, my suspicions have not changed.

Aekiel, Ashaya, Taure and Seratin/Kensington - I feel some of them are connected.

Vesvius stinks, Snowflake and Kalas didn't convince me completely yet and I'm a bit wary about Jangel.

But I'm seriously stopping bringing them (the first group especially) up. It's obvious I'm seeing (imagining?) things no one else sees and it's pointless to continue this crusade of sorts.