1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt: A Mafia of Stars and Suckers | ExMods win

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So yeah, I'm on the Republic bandwagon, because I'm convinced he's scum, and because of his defence of LochNess/Castiel I would put him as the SmileOfTheKill. We have a good chance to kill Castiel the Castiel in a single day, despite him having an extra life in this situation, but that's simply not going to happen if we leave it until tomorrow. By that point he will almost certainly have another life from ModKill (I've spotted a couple of softclaims so far, and if he gets one of them, well, we're fucked), so if we don't kill him and his protection by tomorrow, he's going to hold us up while the Hermonies wipe us all out.

If we don't deal with this Right Fucking Now, Castiel and the Hermonies will whittle us down to nothing, and then we lose. As well as that, nobody can roleclaim right now without it potentially putting the Hermonies in a winning position. Remember, they have up to three Taures right now, and if Castiel is telling the truth, three members left. That's up to six votes; half of the current live list, which includes the Castiel and the Jon.

At this point I would like to say one thing. GAMBIT IS A RETARD. Ahem.

We're at game point right now. We make a bad serve and we lose, so we absolutely must kill off the guaranteed scum right now. In my eyes, Republic is scum. Castiel is his partner. We kill those two over the course of today and tomorrow with Ashaya's plan, then we lynch who we suspect are Hermonies. We can't focus on the Hermonies today or we risk Castiel killing off some of our inforoles before they can reveal. If he manages to hit the Irene, we're fucked. So he dies. He goes into the Asylum, where he's harmless. We kill his protection. Then we murder the fuck out of him with the Moridin and Asylum lynch.

Tomorrow I get to lock someone up in the Asylum, and with the Irene helping me we should stand a good chance of putting the Ashaya in there, where she can't Buy Plane Tickets and where we can incarcerate her to stop the next in line Hermonie from gaining that ability. That is, as I see it, pretty much the only chance we have of winning the game.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Vesvius is going to get another modkill before we put him in the asylum whatever happens, Aekiel. He can use it in night phase one and it will take precedence over the Irene's asylum incarceration, as it happens immediately upon use, not at the end of the phase as the Irene's power does.

If he's successful in the modkill, the plan to kill him by tomorrow won't work as he'll have two extra lives, not one. So one Moridin kill in the night takes off one life, leaving him with one extra plus his actual life. The next day we take off another life with the asylum vote. We'd have to follow that up with a lynch to kill him. Assuming Republic is the Smile. And that's the next day's lynch used up, buying Hermonies more time.

If he isn't successful in the modkill then the reason for going after him rather than the Hermonies (the danger of him stacking up lives) isn't valid.

Hmm. It's really an issue of if we can afford to use lynch+asylum+moridin+lynch to kill Castiel and Republic. And that all assumes the Moridin is still alive. If the Moridin is dead, or dies tonight, the plan will fail and Castiel will get another modkill before we can finish him off.

My fear is that, having get rid of the Vesvius, we will be unable to stop the Hermonies, or even have enough votes left to successfully vote to kill them.

But I must admit, I'm tempted to change my vote back to Republic to get rid of Castiel, even if it does mean giving the game on a platter to the Hermonies.

---------- Post automerged at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

We're pretty fucked. We just have to decide who we would rather be beaten by: the Vesvius, or the Hermonies?

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Town, do we all agree that Castiel plans to modkill one of us?

Castiel, do we agree that the Hermonies are the biggest threat for the both of us?

I can give you the role and the name of one Hermonie.

How about a deal?

4. Aekiel

High Score:
    Hmm, good point. Thinking about it now, as long as I or the Irene are alive, we stand a chance of taking out Castiel. Provided we kill the Smile, who is likely Republic. If we kill him now it may give the Hermonies a chance to boost their Taure numbers up to the point where we can't lynch them, in which case it's a race to see if we can lock them up before they lynch-stall/kill and nightkill us to death. I doubt we can win this race.

As well as that, the Jon is still alive. If he were to use his ability at any point, he could stop Irene and I using the Asylum. In that case, the Hermonies win. For the love of all that is good in the world, whoever the Jon is should not use his ability on myself or whoever he suspects the Irene to be. We need both the Mayor and Irene to stand a chance now.

Anyway, I think you're right that the Hermonies are the bigger problem now. I think I must still hold the Rogue Warlock-esque role on too high a pedestal, because I just don't like the idea of letting them live long enough to kill us all.

Rescind Vote
    Deadline Lynch: Jangel

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    My PC died, so I‘m using my phone. I‘ll be brief.

Aekiel, elaborate on that. Why do peoplle think I‘m the Smile? How did I defend whoever it is you‘re accusing me of defending? And since when is being against retarded lynches a scumtell?

Quote my obvious scumtell please.
    Also, since you‘re 99% sure I‘m the smile, I‘ll make you a bet. If iit turns out that I am indeed scum, as you are so sure I am, I will have “I suck at mafia“ in my sig for a month. If I‘m not, you do.
    Surely you have nothing to be afraid of, right?

6. Aekiel

High Score:
    Okay, I'll take that bet.

7. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Alright Stojil, I'm down for that deal.

I think we're pretty much fucked at this point, so I'm hoping to at least make this interesting.

8. Aekiel

High Score:
    Here's my reasoning for your guilt, Republic.

You defended LochNess in posts #335 and #375, indicating that we should put her in the Asylum and that you thought her to be a town role. However, while the Smile is still alive, the Vesvius can't be lynched, so it wouldn't result in a kill for us. With the ModKill as well, it meant that Castiel could safely go through the Asylum without giving away the fact that the Smile was alive, because he'd have an extra life to work with.

You pushed us into not lynching LochNess/Castiel because surviving the Asylum is easy when you're lynch immune and the Vesvius' power is not constrained to day or night. We would have effectively removed Castiel from the lynch of that day without greatly inhibiting him, at least long enough that he could refocus the attention on the Hermonies (though he has a point) and aim ModKill often enough that he'd win with his extra vote counters.

---------- Post automerged at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Reading back on it, I'm actually impressed. That's a surprisingly good plan that has a good chance of working. I want to destroy it simply because of that, but I won't because there's still a chance we can kill the Hermonies and you two as well. Just a small chance, but if we don't take it what's the point in playing this game?

9. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ashaya the Vira has been Modkilled by Castiel the Vesvius.

--------------------------------------
    Livelist - 10; 6 to lynch
    --------------------------------------

Seratin
    jwlk
    Aekiel
    Jangel
    Taure
    Kalas
    Stojil
    Lochness/Castiel
    Republic
    Kens​

10. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Heh. That was unexpected.

I guess Castiel took Stojil's deal?

So, that's one extra life for the Vesvius, one Hermonie down. I think that's a reasonable deal.

But now that a Hermonie is down, the pressure is off somewhat. We've bought ourselves some time.

I suggest turning on the Vesvius like the dirty double-dealing DLPers we are, and hurling all the firepower we can at him.

Lynch republic21.
    Moridin kill Castiel, then asylum kill, then lynch. That's all three lives.

Even if republic isn't the Smile, we still remove two lives.

Sound good?

Rescind standard lynch vote.

Standard lynch vote: Republic21

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

No, he didn't. That was all his. But with that, he does give me the chance to gloat with you guys. A simple "I told you so" doesn't quite cut it, but it'll have to do.

12. Aekiel

High Score:
    I agree, Jon.

---------- Post automerged at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

That last comment was aimed at Taure.

---------- Post automerged at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

It's great to be able to finally say that without the risk of a Modkill, since one has already happened today.

Since Republic can wait until tomorrow now, given that Castiel isn't going to lose both his lives overnight, what's say we lynch the Jon instead?

---------- Post automerged at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Deadline Lynch: Taure

13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Computer died while typing wall-o-text. No way I‘m typing all that on my phone. Will to recover the post.

14. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I am not the Jon.

I am not going to tell you who I am, because the Vesvius is still very much alive and well. I think you're counting your chickens, somewhat, Aekiel. Though I would lol if Castiel actually attempted a modkill on me as the Jon.

Anyway, look: I was right about Ashaya. I'm moderately sure I'm right about Jangel, especially as Ashaya turned out to be scum. My plan to get rid of the Vesvius should work - or at least, it will work as well as any other plan that has been suggested.

All these things are pro-town. What reason have you, if any at all, to think I am the Jon?

It's tempting to suggest that you're the Jon in retaliation, and that you're trying to shift your role onto me. But I'm not convinced that is the case, and anyway, I want to keep focused on the plan to get rid of the Vesvius.

Though I actually now wonder if you're actually the Smile, given that it's very strange to deflect attention from the Vesvius now of all times. We just got rid of a Hermonie; meaning that we can pursue the Vesvius with less risk.

Even if I were the Jon, which I'm not, it would be incorrect, from a town perspective, to go after me at this stage.

15. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    try to*

10char

---------- Post automerged at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Are these the posts you speak of, Aek?

(Notice: This is much shorter than my original post, but I couldn't be arsed to write it all over again)

The first post had fuck-all to do with LochNess. I said it because people wanted me lynched for retarded reasons since then. I wanted to remind them, and you, that there is are no Vanillas, and randomly lynching is as bad a Town strategy as they come, since it deprives us of precious Night Actions.

The second post is a little more complicated. I posted it because there were more Town roles that could have survived, as opposed to just the Vesvius. It turned out to actually be The Vesvius, which is unfortunate(for me). But I would do the same for everyone, not just LochNess. I proposed that we Asylum, then kill her, so as to find out her role.

I still support this method, actually. Instead of lynching me, Asylum and then kill me. That way you'll see that I am town, and reconsider what I said while I was alive.

You'd better be scum, by the end of this. If you really think this is enough of a reason to lynch me, and you're town, then you're a worse player than I thought. In any case, have me lynched if you will.

Why would you think Taure is the Jon?

Btw, jangel is the Palindrome. So, y'know, lynch him.

16. Aekiel

High Score:
    Republic, don't try to false quote and then link to the correct one. It's jut bad form.

Back in a moment with Taure-Jon evidence.

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Rofl. Just another bit of gloating. :p

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    And now I'm an idiot.

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

No Aekiel. You're simply scum.

20. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Ash was scum?

Shit, this means I need to re-read and make sure I'm not making assumptions based upon what she said.