1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt: A Mafia of Stars and Suckers | ExMods win

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I forgot about the Jon and his association. If he has associated the klackerz, he could use his power to roleblock him. But not tonight probably, since it's almost certain the klackerz' target will be Castiel and it's in his interest as well to have him dead.

Hmmm...

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think I'll go for it. With Republic out of the counting, I'd say that Uncle Stojil was probably right on the Smile already being dead. He may be wrong on that, but as of right now my only real candidate for the role is out of the running. That is assuming Seratin isn't actually the Castiel.

Rescind Vote

Deadline Lynch Vote: Castiel

The klackerz is free to kill whoever he likes, but I'll put a vote in for Castiel just in case.

3. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

I'll float this idea: not saying it's true, or that I support it, but I think it merits discussion.

Seratin's info and Republic's claim only prove that Republic's not the Smile (if Seratin's truthful, which I think likely). Yet, Stojil's been pushing that it means the Smile is dead, pretty hard. There are 10 players left: I don't think it's beyond the realm of credulity that one of Stojil, Kens, Kalas, Taure, jwlk, or Aekiel is the Smile. Seratin has checked Stojil, and he checks sane...

Is this actually theSmile!Stojil getting us to waste kills on an unkillable Castiel?

If the Klackerz is dead (which, there being only ~5/6/something town left, is quite plausible), then his above post is trying to get us to waste the lynch completely.

---------- Post automerged at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Like I said, an idea.

For now:

Rescind Vote

Deadline Lynch Vote: Castiel

4. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

The only possible dead Klackerz was Vesvius because he was the only one to die (role-revealing modkill excluded) since Smile’s lynch by the Klackerz. In my mind, Vesvius could only have been two roles:

1) The Smile
    2) The Aekiel

If the Aekiel is alive and just forgot to declare, he has all my hate and I would actually urge him to consider roleclaiming (I did in an earlier post of mine, and if he saw it and just didn't get it, he has even more of my hate). I think Fen was the Aekiel and Vesvius the Smile got that stupid power when Fen was the first Regular to die. Vesvius being the Klackerz doesn't make any sense also because of how he played.

Me being the Smile could make sense… if I hadn’t devoted the last day entirely to stop the Ex-Mod faction. Tell me how "saving" Republic from a lynch would have been useful for me if I had been the Smile, please.

All the clues we had about the Smile led to Republic. Now that we're reasonably sure it can't be him, I'm even more sure that the Smile is dead. If he's alive, I have no idea who he could be.

This said, Republic, your roleclaim was very approssimative. Is there a reason why you gave out so few details? Think carefully before answering.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright, the complete Live List; with one Jon, one Vesvius, Two Hermonies and a Smile in the worst case scenario.

Seratin
    jwlk
    Aekiel
    Jangel
    Taure
    Kalas
    Stojil
    Lochness/Castiel
    Republic
    Kens

That would mean exactly half of us are scum of some kind.

Seratin - Fairly sure town.
    jwlk - Independent
    Aekiel - ??
    Jangel - Scum
    Taure - Independent
    Kalas - Town
    Stojil - Town
    Lochness/Castiel - Vesvius
    Republic - Not Smile
    Kens - Scummy

I'll have more to post (and info to lay on the Table) once Republic gets back on Stojil's question.

6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    People I've checked:

Aziraphale - Dead - Insane.
    Taure - Insane - Cured.
    Ashaya - Dead - The Vira.
    Lochness/Castiel - Insane - Cured.
    Jangel - Sane
    Jwlk - Sane
    Republic - Insane
    Stojil - Sane

That means Taure, Castiness and Republic could be:
    The Castiel
    The Irene
    The Kaidash
    The Lungs
    The Lutris
    The Mattsilver
    The zeitgeist

They could be three of these and still be town.

On the other hand, they could be:
    The Ashaya
    The Vesvius
    The Jon

Jangel, Jwlk and stojil could be:
    The Aekiel
    The Fenraelis
    The kensington
    The Klackerz
    The Mishie
    The Moridin

Or they could be:
    The Smile
    The Palindrome

If one of the people I checked was the Castiel then he knows he's the Castiel. Also, whatever Republic's ability is for the day, I've blocked it because of the check.

This hasn't helped me figure anything out yet but it least it's now clear in one handy bite sized post.

7. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

Seratin: Are those in order of when you checked them? And you didn't cure Republic?

Taure: Can you confirm you were cured day one, if so?

8. Seratin

High Score:
    Oh, I'm sorry, as I understand it, the check is an automatic cure and yes, republic was cured. Forgot to add it in. and yes, those checks are in order. Two a day.

9. Koalas

High Score:
    Wait you cured Castiel? Awesome! His vote tokens are a one shot ability.

While we wait for Republic; Stojil! Reasons for Vesvius being Aekiel are obvious but being Smile less so. Could you tl;dr us?

10. Seratin

High Score:
    I cured lochness who was replaced by Castiel. Not *The* Castiel. Unless Cas roleclaimed and I missed it?

11. Koalas

High Score:
    >.> You cured Lochness who was replaced by Castiel who is The Vesvius who had (until you cured him) a Oneshot Ability to spend Vote Tokens he got from his Modkills.

12. Seratin

High Score:
    Ok so if Taure and Republic are scum they could only be Ashaya or Jon.

I really hope Taure is the Ashaya because as the flavour goes, that'd mean Taure was inside her body. LOLOLOLOL.

13. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I was indeed cured day 1.

So, republic definitely isn't the Smile.

Rescind standard lynch vote.

So the Smile has to be either Jangel, jwlk, or Stojil? That's interesting, and really narrows things down. Hmm.

If we assume that Jangel is a Hermonie, that narrows things down even further.

Stojil has seemed pretty innocent all game. For some that might be damning in and of itself - it takes a lot of care to seem so innocent. However...

Standard lynch vote: jwlk

14. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

:facepalm

Now, isn't this a stupid and random lynch? jwlk might very well be the Smile, but the reason for your vote sucks donkey balls. There are people alive who haven't been checked by Seratin and there are lots of roles who check sane and are town.

Isn't this the kind of blind actions you warned us of, before?

No.

I'll give you a fake tl;dr, if it's alright.

I found this very interesting at the time, while I still didn't know Lochness was the Vesvius, only that she had survived a night kill. Anyway, generally speaking, Vesvius (the player) was pretty much at the top of my scumlist. If you look back at the first two days, he had 7 posts, 6 of which were extremely stupid fillers to pad out his postcount. I guess he could be a Hermonie or the Jon, but that would mean that the Aekiel has simply forgotten to declare something today and I would hate it so much!

The only way for Vesvius to be scum and for the Aekiel to not have forgotten to use his power, is a Smile!Vesvius scenario with Fenraellis as the Aekiel.

Anyway, going back to get these posts, I noticed something else in the same day:

"Could be nothing, or could be something." Right, Kens? ;)

15. Seratin

High Score:
    Assumptions are dangerous business and my gut says Taure is scum. However the game is getting late and we're rolling close to the deadline again. A no lynch doesn't help us and jwlk has been too quiet in this game for my liking so I can get behind it.

Standard Lynch vote: Jwlk

16. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

You're forgetting Kens, Kalas, Aekiel, and whoever else is alive who Seratin hasn't checked and I'm forgetting. Tsk tsk.

17. Seratin

High Score:
    Dammit, ninja'd.

Random lynches are a shot in the dark but the main people seeming off to me are Taure and Aekiel with jwlk coming third. The latter because he's been basically hiding. I had my doubts about voting jwlk but felt we needed to get some action in. I should have went with my gut the first time.

Even though I'm going to get pasted for flip flopping like this, fuck it. My gut has served me well in Mafia games before and I'll probably be too dead tomorrow to do anything about my Taure suspicion.

Rescind vote: jwlk

Standard Lynch vote: Taure

If I do make it through the night, I intend on checking Aekiel and Kens.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    jwlk hasn't been posting much true, but there are multiple explanantions for that. Additionally that list is no where near a complete read on everyone and, frankly, that both you and Taure missed that and are willing to start a lynch wagon over it is.. troubling.

---------- Post automerged at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Big ol Ninja right there.

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Uh... Guys id say I've posted a lot. I have school all day today, until 11 pst. I'm not even home, can't bold.so if someone can
    Rescind.republic
    For me, thanks. Also I feel really stupid, but all the logic was there for him being smile.

I only briefly read through on my phone. So, this is all I can post for today unless lungs extends till 2am est.

Lastly, I don't know.if its possible today, honestly my mind is everywhere, but shouldn't we try to lynch a scum that will die like Jon or hermonie/? Moridin will nk castiel, and we can asylum and lynch tmmr, which will kill him. I'll try to check once more in two hours.

20. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

The options I see:

1) We gank on Castiel with everything we have, lynch inlcuded. It's probable that the Hermonies will help us with this.

2) We lynch a possible Smile (Kensington, if I had to guess) and try to deal with Castiel with everything else. It's probable that the Hermonies will help us with this.

3) We lynch a Hermonie and can most certainlly forget about help from them for the Castiel as well. That would be Jangel the Palindrome if we believe Republic (who still has to share info properly) or the Ashaya (I'm 99% sure we all know who she is by now, so you should know why lynching her makes little sense at the moment).

4) We lynch a probable Jon (Taure), with the possible help from the Hermonies with Castiel.

Pro and cons to all plans but I don't see us winning with any of those. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try, though. If you have other ideas, please share. If there are some gains in you roleclaiming, please think it through before doing it, but do consider it.