1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt: A Mafia of Stars and Suckers | ExMods win

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

/shrugs.

The Hermonies?

Does that mean we now have a clear run at Castiel if we lynch him this turn?

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Could be. I'll be setting him as my Asylum target tonight regardless.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Jwlk, kens or aekiel is the Ashaya.

Will post again later.

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Okay~

First of all, I wanted to bring the Taure thing up from yesterday. I was just going off of my gut, and he checked insane, plus with his odd vote made me believe he had a high chance to be the Jon. I didn't even consider him being the Irene.

On to the today stuff... Well, it looks bleak. However, if I am right, there is still a chance for us to pull out a victory... I've been looking up different things for the past hour, and this is what I got:

First off, Republic (Confirmed Lungs, does any dispute?) checked myself, Kens, and Aekiel last night. He figured out that one of us was the Aekiel. Honestly, i'm sure most of us know who it is, but now that it's in the open... we might as well analyze it, and potentially figure out the Jon. We know that I cannot be the Ashaya, since I checked sane by the JWLK (lol(who is Seratin, does anyone dispute this?)). Kens and Aekiel have both not been checked.. so I propose our JWLK, Seratin, check them today. If Kens turns up sane (i'm almost positive this will be the case), then that means Aekiel is our Ashaya. It ALSO means, however, that Kalas is the Jon.

Don't believe me? Lets look at the list/what we know:

Seratin - Confirmed JWLK
    jwlk - Confirmed Sane
    Aekiel - To Be Confirmed, likely Insane
    Jangel - Confirmed Palindrome (lol Jangel.)
    Kalas - ??? - Not checked at all.
    Stojil - Confirmed Sane
    Lochness - Confirmed Vesvius
    Republic - Confirmed Lungs
    Kens - To Be Confirmed - likely Sane

Stojil has came out and told us the Smile is dead, and honestly, i'm inclined to agree with him. This means that we have 4 scum left.

Jangel
    Aekiel (though it COULD be kens, we have to wait for the check)
    Castiel (vesvius)
    And the ever mysterious Jon.

With everyone else BUT Kalas being checked and accounted for, there is literally nothing else he can be BUT the Jon. I don't know how he stayed so in the background... lurker pro, good job though.

Now that we have all that information thrown out there, we need to figure out what to do with it. Castiel, right now, is THE most dangerous. He has potential to win it all, if we mess up and he knows/gets lucky with all the roles. However, that can be pretty much contained if Aekiel puts him in the asylum. You need to do this Aekiel. Or we are all screwed. Even if it turns out you ARE scum, if you don't do this, you lose aswell.

Right now, Castiel has +1. If we asylum him, then the witches will have to NK him tonight, Jon will have to use his kill on him (why haven't you done so yet, you're going to lose if you don't...) and we have to asylum kill him. This will cause him to die 100%, and will free up a lynch for us for tomorrow... and we could kill the next biggest threat, right Kalas? Potentially, if the scum factions agree (you have to, there is no choice, if you don't, Castiel will win 100%) we can be rid of the Jon AND Vesvius by tomorrow!

Another option: We lynch the Hermonies. They will be building up their Taure's, so its might get really hard to kill them soon.. And whats worse, Aekiel has an extra life (assuming he is scum). This means that, if we want to narrow down the threat of losing, we lynch Jangel (or Aekiel) with Jon using his pierce protection on Castiel, getting rid of him, and then we lynch Aekiel the next day, followed by Jangel/Kalas.

The second option is really open-ended. There is really many many many things we can do, but I am of the opinion that Castiel needs to go... and the sooner the better. As always, tell me if I messed up, but I think this is pretty accurate.

Seratin!!!! Please check KENS and AEKIEL. For your JWLK checks, and get back to us Asap.

5. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I already decided on checking them both after my flipflop yesterday. It's done, results aren't in yet.

Taure... I was convinced he was scum and with his ability, I figured even his wrongful death might help us. I thought whoever I checked only lost their ability the night that I checked them and regained it after. My derp and I couldn't rescind in time. Not that it mattered with the fucking plane tickets. -_-

6. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Oh so you checked Aekiel and Kens? Awesome.

Also, yah the plane tickets caught me by surprise, tbqh. I pretty much forgot about them. Damn witches... But, its okay. Castiel will still be imprisoned today.

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Town: focusing on me will make you lose. You are handing over the game to the hermonies.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Guys, town can't win.

The Hermonies just handed the game to Castiel. He has this in the bag.

Honestly, Taure has played this game terribly, IMO, but the Hermonies buying tickets to kill him made no sense at all. They needed Castiel immediately in the Asylum as much as we did. Now he can modkill before the end of day, and it should be obvious who he'll go after and what will happen.

If the Jon is alive, I have no idea who he is. Perhaps he was Mishie like I thought on night 1. *shrugs*

jwlk, your plans require an extremely stupid Castiel. Now, I know the general DLP opinion seems to point that way, but my experience with him until now doesn't really suggest that.

Republic, I hate your posts. You really don't know how to be pro-town, do you?

9. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Stojil, I don't really care. It's your responsibility to make out actually scummy posts from posts you disagree with. Being against stupid lynches is not scummy.

If I could go back, I would do it again. Town must not be trigger-happy with their lynches, especially in a game like this.

10. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I'm talking about your posts after soft-claiming and then role-claiming. They all sucked.

Take a look at Seratin's post after he eventually came out as the jwlk. That's how you do it, both if you're really town or if you're fakeclaiming scum.

Honestly, what you're doing makes me and I bet lots of other people want to lynch you and that is not the outcome you should want, either if you're rotten and trying to play us or if you're really who you say you are.

As I said, you really don't know how to be pro-town.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lol jwlk. The reason I've managed to stay so 'in the background' is that I've a) Posted and b) Been so pro-town everyone but you has picked up on it. Frankly your arguments horrifically weak and the number of alternate scenarios you ignored to arrive at your derp of a conclusion is frightening.

Honestly it reads like your trying to force a role claim out of me which is worrisome seeing as Castiel is still free.

12. Aekiel

High Score:
    Just to point something out. Taure left his roleclaim until right at the very end of day. Literally, I tried to rescind my vote (which would have stopped the lynch despite the plane tickets) but Lungs didn't count it because it was after the hour mark. Could be that the Hermonies didn't have time to rescind their plane tickets too.

---------- Post automerged at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Also, the Jon needs to use his kill ASAP. On balance of probability, the Smile is probably dead. Unless Stojil is the Smile and has been playing an extraordinarily good game as scum, which is unlikely, then the Jon should be able to kill Castiel today.

So our only real chance at the moment is to have the Jon kill Castiel before he can ModKill. Hell, if the Jon uses his kill on him even after another ModKill, we could then lynch Castiel and be done with it.

Or, he's already been cured by the jwlk. In which case Castiel pretty much has this in the bag. Could be either, really.

---------- Post automerged at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Standard Lynch Vote: Castiel

13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    @Stojil: Perhaps, but I think it's more because you are overestimating your post-judging abilities. A lot.

Regardless, we must focus on here and now. I'm wary of doing what Aekiel says, since he's probably the Ashaya, but is there an option other than lynching Castiel?

Lynch vote: Castiel

14. Koalas

High Score:
    Depends on who Castiel's Modkilling. If he hits one of us we have no choice but to focus on him. If he hits a Hermonie we can take Serachin's info and go from there. Does a standard majority end day early?

For now,

Standard Lynch Vote: Castiel

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    If Castiel lives through today, he'll win, if only by force of numbers. Chances are he's got a bead on what my role is, so when I die, we'll be unable to put him in the Asylum. Thus, ModKills every day until he narrows down who the Jon is. Then he kills the Jon and wins.

The question now is who you would rather win; the Hermonies, the Jon or Castiel?

---------- Post automerged at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Also, on the plus side, it looks like the Hermonies only had Taure as a Taure (lol). Unless the other Taures were already voting for him, this means that they can't control the lynch beyond a vote or two. We could lynch them quite easily if that's the case.

16. Koalas

High Score:
    Taure and Stojil Aekiel. So now just Stojil + last nights' Taure attempt (if Ashaya is still alive).

On the other hand we're at a crossroads. If Protection Piercing ignores extra lives the Jon could oneshot Castiel. If it doesn't Castiel would need to Modkill you twice Aekiel.

---------- Post automerged at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Actually, assuming she Taure'd Nights 1-3 she wouldn't want to reveal herself now. So no new Taure. Just Stojil.

17. Aekiel

High Score:
    I've already asked Lungs this; Jon's kill would take off two lives from Castiel, or take off one then kill him (if he only had one extra life and the Smile was dead). ModKill would kill me in one shot, if he got it right.

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

The only posts of yours we are judging now are those in which you share info. We don't fucking care anymore that you voiced your displeasure at lynching Lochness because you're not the fucking Smile and we're sure of that.

All we care about is that you claimed the Lungs and you didn't post what you know in a believable manner. Can't you please make a through post about all the checks of all your nights with all your results or, if too dangerous, tell us the reason why you're not doing it?

What you've done until now is feeding us partial information in a scummy way.

Do you agree with that?

19. Aekiel

High Score:
    You know, it could be that Seratin isn't the jwlk. There is the possibility that he is the Castiel and just hasn't realised it yet.

---------- Post automerged at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

If that's the case then all those people we're ignoring because of his results may actually be worth looking at.

20. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

If that's the case, then Lungs gave him lots of real check-results when he tried to "fuck with him", like the role description says. Ashaya, Lochness/Castiel and (to a slightly lesser extent) Taure's roles are all revealed and Seratin's results match. I can attest he was right about my role check as well.

We're also at a point where we have practically lost. To have a small chance, we have to take risky actions while assuming stuff we wouldn't otherwise gamble on, and hope Castiel derps so hard we will all facepalm with him.

So Seratin must be the jwlk.
    Republic must be the incompetent Lungs.
    The Smile must be dead.
    The Jon must be alive and cooperative.
    The Hermonies must be cooperative.
    Castiel must derp.

Rofl.