1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Garret P.I., Apr 20, 2008.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    If Harribel's alive it's pretty safe to assume Grimjoww is alive too. Kind of disappointed that Hueco Mundo has been taken over again :/ You would think eventually the Vasto Lorde class hollows would get sick of people taking control of there home.

2. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You successfully disarm her. She rolls a 1 on her attack of opportunity, fails her balance check, and is rendered prone. What do you do?

3. redshell

redshell Order Member

Torture her, obviously. She's a filthy arrancar, not to mention being 3/10, would not fuck.

4. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

2/10 at best.

Anyway, best part of the chapter was Nel. I'm actually kinda interested in how Kubo unfolds this whole Quincy Arc. Then again I was also excited at the start of the last arc.

5. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Not really much they can do. They turned out to be pretty weak compared to shinigami captains and they're all spread out. There was only suppose to be like 5 of them anyway.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Honestly I always got the sense that the Arrancar traded their full potential/raw power for the control their human forms granted them. They were likely more of a even match for the Captains before Aizen got a hold of them.

7. Clerith

High Score:
    Accepting the rule of a shinigami and allowing themselves to be transformed by his magical orb thingy ruined any possible respect I had for hollows in the first place.

I thought that their sealed form became obviously weaker than their original form, but their released form became stronger. The only shinigami powers they obtained was the zanpakutou seal trick, really. And I guess allowing for some bastardized hollow version of more 'refined' techniques like Sonido and Bala.

Oh, I give up. It always felt to me that the Captains' battle power changes depending on the current arc. Like, when Ichigo was invading Soul Society, they were pretty pathetic, but they are a lot stronger when they invade Hueco Mundo.

Vasto Lorde hollows might be too chaotic/backstabby to organize a coordinated assault against Soul Society, but I don't think that the shinigami would hesitate to crusade against Hueco Mundo if it was easy to beat the Vasto Lordes.

I'm just disappointed in all the villains, but who am I kidding, this is shonen manga, the good guys never die (trololol Sasakibe, you side character).

Red
  8. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Agreed. It was rather weird to see Kenpachi effortlessly taking down an opponent Ichigo had trouble with in Hueco Mundo when Ichigo managed to beat Kenpachi back before he even had his bankai unlocked.

Power levels in Bleach seem to be less about any sort of logic and consistency, and more a matter of plot importance and character popularity.

9. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

So Kubo didn't even bother to show us what was Sasakibe's bankai? Maybe we will get a flashback. Otherwise, shame.

10. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    His bankai was probably stolen, so, maybe we will see it from the enemies.

I just hope this doesn't become a theme, facing the bankai's of the captains we didn't know because some mooks stole them.

Other than that, I didn't really care at all for the death of someone whom we didn't know at all until now. Might as well have been a dead new character.

11. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    /Next 100 chapters ;)

12. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Nemrut has the right of it methinks. Sad.

13. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

It's because Kisuke just invented a way to get there. Only hollows could freely travel between worlds before. Hueco Mundo wouldn't have stood a chance if SS really tried taking them out. Only the 2nd and 4th Esparda were really impressive.

Well there's no actual reason to say that Ichigo won that fight. He even fell first. On top of that his mask blocked the attack.

14. Chengar Qordath

High Score:
    Kind of missing the bigger point there.

Also, new chapter.

Getting the classic Bleach problem of having a whole chapter of people talking, but not actually advancing the plot at all.

15. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  16. Chengar Qordath

High Score:
    Well, that was an embarrassing bit of derpiness on my part.

17. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Chapter is up.

I'm enjoying this story. They just went straight into plot. (Urahara!)

18. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

Urahara showing up is always nice, but I'm disappointed. Why is it that as manga series go on, they forget/ignore the foundation blocks they lay at the beginning of their own series? Aren't hollows of any form monsters that devour the souls and (sometimes) turn those souls into creatures that then eat the souls of their families? Why is it they are the good guys all of a sudden?

19. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

It's either a retcon or Kubo is playing with the idea of dehumanization of your enemies and everything from the beginning of the series was nothing more than the Shinigami's propaganda. You decide which one is the truth. ;)

Also, I'm not sure if it's not a bad translation, but it seems that the bad guys think that Aizen is dead.

20. Clerith

High Score:
    You think Kubo had the whole plot to this point figured out? I'm probably talking out of my ass here, but I remember reading somewhere that he had a general idea of the Soul Society arc in his mind when he started, but no further. Up to that point, Hollows were the enemy, though they fell kinda in the wayside later on. It's only much, much later in the series when Hollows start developing interesting personalities, are a major story focus as characters, some of them become the hero's allies, that Kubo decided to do this. You could argue that they're all Arrancar, and Arrancar are special, but it's just Kubo fishing for more plot to lengthen the series.