1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt *\~ Game Started!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Chocolate Pi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Also (yay for double posting because no one likes edits -- I have no problem with them, as long as you don't change what you wrote before and clearly mark it):

Say what?

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

@Sesc: There is a difference because witches can influence opinion on the person ashaya was going to check.

'they killed ashaya, clearly it was because x is a witch and drowns kittens'

'they killed ashaya! the witches must be trying to trick us into lynching y. Let's kill x instead, I saw him drowning kittens earlier'

Whereas if ashaya doesn't forecast her checks, the opportunity to do this is denied to the witches, while town loses little to nothing (oracle-hench-inq comes inbuilt with a way to get oracle checks happening, oracle might be dead, oracle might not be town, etc).

Also before you say 'well if the witches do that then great we found witches', I was being purposely silly in my examples - in practice everything said would be much more natural.

3. Sirion

Sirion First Year

It was a typo. Not really sure where it came from. Meant "check", as is obvious in context.

Kai mostly summed it up, except that if they don't kill Ashaya for.. whatever reason (thinking there's angel prot, whatever) we also have a chance for a pure coven check, which is severely reduced in your situation as they will 100% guaranteed try to kill her if she announces she's going to check a coven person. But they also might try to kill her (fairly likely) if she picks a non-coven person.

4. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

CheddarTrek- See my previous post.

Kalas- I'm... not sure. He wasn't even really on my radar until he posted his read wall. It's not as bad as Sesc makes it out to be, but it's still a lot less extensive than say, Lungs' read wall. You said you had a lot more you could expand on certain players if needed. Well, it's needed. Do eet.

Menace- This guy needs to learn how to better manage his schedule and post more. >.>

Lutris- Has been lurking harder than I have, and what little he has posted hasn't been much at all to go on. I'm leaning towards power scum role or uninterested vanilla-ish town. I'm almost tempted to lump him in the same category as Lochness and Platypus_Assassin at this point. Can't get much more of a read on him because of his lack of content.

Lungs- Like I said in my previous post, feeling really suspicious of him after the events of last Night Phase. Also, I just noticed that I can't find any posts by him this Day Phase. More than a bit suspicious, methinks.

Aekiel- He's reminding me heavily of Eidolonic from HallowHunt- Namely, scum doing their best to be hyper town. He's been playing hella aggressive, which tells me one of two things: He's an unnecessary town role and is helping out as best he can, or he's scum trying to cement himself as such for late game. Keeping my eye on him.

Moridin- This guy's a null read for me. I'm not willing to count him as town yet, but he's been posting alright. Eh.

Sirion- He hasn't been posting too often, but I don't exactly have much room to talk in that regard. His posts themselves have been extensive and helpful to town, which is always good. At this point, he's probably the most likely to be town on this list, in my opinion.

So yeah, I'll be back to post more in an hour or two. Lunch with the family and all that shiz.

5. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

I posted that I thought you were sliding under people's radar.

You posted that I was sliding under your radar immediately following.

I'm sure you can see why that would make me raise an eyebrow?

Also, opening the Eid question to everyone: Thoughts about Jwlk, guljons, and Gambit?

6. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Please find me a replacement, have not been lurking, haven't been posting because I haven't been on here. Very sorry

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone in particular you're looking for? If not I'll just go with Aurion's question.

You said I was sliding under people's radar (which, despite semi-lurking I'd dispute). I said despite your post count you had the thread presence of Platypus. The timing was unfortunate but its not like my opinion of you is going to change because you managed to post first.

8. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Lynch Vote Lutris

He's had one post in day 2, one post in day 3, I was giving him a chance to up his activity in day 4 but it's past the halfway point and no posts. His last three posts have all been wordy tl;dr's ending with him jumping on the nearest bandwagon. He's acknowledged that he needs to post more, yet the promised posts never appear, so he's just coming off as a scummy lurker.

Also REPLACEMENTS.

9. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ok so I was gone the last two RL days because the Antibiotics I'm on are killing me, I haven't been on the internet at all so I had no chances to get to DLP.

@Menace: I wanted to kill Ash, I just wanted to wait a day, because I thought she was scum and was hoping for derps. I was bummed when she was town, which goes to show that I'm shit at anything but functioning in my role at the lowest level possible, which is pretty evident from everything except WH2 where I just derped on time.

10. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Don't post all at once now. Its not like we have less then 2 days to come to a decision and only 4 people have voted.

11. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I'm sure you were just busy last night and today, but I'm going to Vote: Cheddar to add some incentive to make a presence in the thread, other than merely exist.

12. Sirion

Sirion First Year

Where's Keanu when you need him?

Seriously, though. Lutris is number 2 on my list, and he still hasn't posted. Wtf man.

Vote: Lutris

13. StrikerLee1

StrikerLee1 Guest

Hey guys, sorry for my late posting. Have some serious family issues going on and I'm not able to be online as much as I want to right now. Ill skip the boring real life stuff and get into this.

Throughout all the posts I notice a lot of people saying almost the same thing about the people who have been lurking or not posting content. I agree with most of it and I'm to tired to go back and make a full read wall post on everyone. I agree that Lutris has been either lurking a lot or non existant (at this point I think non existent is more likely) His posts have been somewhat pointless in the sense that he hasnt really given any good information for us to go off of and his lack of posting makes it harder for me to think he is town(although as other have said he could be a crappy role thats pointless and he just doesnt feel like doing much). I'm not going to make a final lynch vote till later on when I have some good solid reasoning behind wanting someone dead.

14. Eidolonic

I'm wide awake and bored.

And slightly cranky at general game inactivity.

I want more posts, I want more votes, gah.

15. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

If we can find replacements, I'd prefer that all the people with RL issues ask to be replaced rather than be inactive or modkilled/lynched. Lutris, Lungs, if you feel you can contribute to the discussion then that's fine, but if you are going to see this game take a backseat to RL then you should please try to set something up with Chocolate Pi. Of course, there may not be enough people to have replacements for everybody...

16. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I'd be willing to replace for lungs, Lutris, Platypus(Sp?) and lochness/ whoever else needs a replacement :D

17. Eidolonic

Just post more yourself, instead. I like that plan.

18. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

i can play as all of the people, true story.

ok so let's see

like: eidolonic, jwlk

vaguely like: menace, bill door

better than pleb: sirion, sesc

cbf: everyone i don't mention

vaguely dislike: aekiel

dislike: kalas, lungs

aekiel because his readwall was empty. Going down

cheddartrek - 'scum maybe but nothing substantial'

kalas - 'feels like scum, no idea why'

menace - 'lurking is bad'

lutris - 'lurking is bad'

sesc - 'null'

lungs - 'lungs is lurking'

moridin - 'bluh'

sirion - less scummy than cheddar apparently, who you had a near zero scumread on. also referencing a day 1 lynch.

guljons - scum based on voting alone

coleam - i generally dislike wording related scumreads because really, but i don't even see it in this post.​

kalas and lungs I don't feel like explaining.

Now a thought experiment!

Q. How does your world change if Eidolonic is a witch?

---------- Post automerged at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

ebwop: link to aekiels readwall: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=555560&postcount=816

19. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

If Eidolonic is a witch, kill me now.

20. Eidolonic

My world doesn't change if I am a witch.

Because I'd play the same way.

---------- Post automerged at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Also, Kai.

Thoughts on Moridin and his reads?