1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Feoffic, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

That depends what "today" is. It is 10:03 PM here right now. I can be on till about 12. Then I will be up in the morning around 8ish.

2. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

I'm on irc and ready to go whenever

3. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

Going to play at 8am CET (9~hours from now) if you guys wanna join. An awesome DLP team would be cool. :]

4. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Finals, I would be happy to join otherwise.

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Fuck Finals. I am ditching studying for entrance exams for this.

---------- Post automerged at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

We start in roughly 2-3 hours if Giz gets on on time.

6. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Well, I have to get up in several hours to take the final, so I cannot. Unfortunately. lol

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

:( Good luck. :)

8. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    so what server is this on?...

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

There are 10 servers to chose from. http://minecraftpvp.com/hunger-games/

Like, right now, 2 are ready to be joined. Whenever we start playing. We will just try to get on any one of those server together. We should prolly get on Ventrillo or IRC. Jus' waitin' for Gizmore.

10. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    k, I'm on vent.

11. AnvariX

AnvariX Second Year

Anyone else check out the Westeros Craft server yet? They are rebuilding the entire Game of Thrones world in there, and have made some amazing progress.

The Wall and Castle Black
    [​IMG]

The Eyrie
    [​IMG]

Pyke and the Iron Islands
    [​IMG]

Dragonstone
    [​IMG]

They've also got King's Landing, Winterfell, etc...

mc.westeroscraft.com

Fixed images

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  12. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Yes I saw it some time ago.

That moment when you type, /warp wall, start flying and the wall comes into view. :O

Also, hunger games now has 20 servers. :D

13. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

The PVP server (b.mcpvp.com) we played on got a map reset about a day ago. And I am free for the next 8ish hours.

For those who don't know about this server, EVERYTHING is allowed except hacking. You can steal, grief, scam. Basically how it is done in the real world. You can add warps to about 10 places, So dig to bedrock make a small room of chests, set your warp, and cover it all up and hope to god no one finds your stash. And then you raid others, fight in pvp battles and so on.

If you wanna get creative make Nether bases, or make a base above nether (bedrock) like me and Poytin did.

You can also make teams and set their headquarters and stuff. I made one named DLP, if you wanna come play add me on Skype: castielmc.

14. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I... just why. Possibly the best texture pack ever, right here.

This thing cracks me up so much.

15. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

It's horrendous.

16. Alindrome

No, it's... beautiful. ;u;

17. Alindrome

Hi guys! There aren't a lot of people playing on our minecraft server recently; I wanted to see if you guys would be up for a change.

I've been playing with an awesome modpack called the Technic pack, the multiplayer (and slightly less awesome) version of which is Tekkit. It's an awesome bunch of technical mods that adds a whole new level of gameplay to minecraft, and it comes in its own launcher so you don't have to muck about with your original minecraft .jar file at all.

The big names in Tekkit include Industrial Craft 2: this adds machines and electricity - you can build generators and use them to power machines and tools, like the macerator which will grind up ores into dust, which will allow you to gain two of the product from the ores instead of one when smelting, doubling your intake. Tools like power drills and chainsaws are awesome additions, and the levels you can take IC2 to just get more and more awesome, until you're messing about with nuclear energy... definitely my favourite part of tekkit, well worth a play with.

[​IMG]

Next up is buildcraft: the awesome thing about buildcraft is it gives you the ability to pipe materials out of chests and machines, which help to create automated systems - you can even automate crafting of items. Fully compatible with industrial craft, which continues to be awesome. One of the main attractions of buildcraft is quarrys, which are used to automatically mine out an area - though it's slow, and resource-intensive.

[​IMG]

Equivalent exchange is another mod - this isn't my favourite thing to play with because it's rather OP. EE is supposed to be an endgame mod - adds incredibly powerful items and tools to the game - so long as you can afford them.

[​IMG]

There are more mods in there, like Redpower, a mod that greatly, greatly improves redstone. Adds all the logic gates you'll ever want, and the ability to colour code wire so current only flows through a wire of its own colour. And you can put down wire on walls, or have it be freestanding! Saves a huge amount of space.

[​IMG]

Utility mods like TMI, Too Many Items, let you easily search through all the items in the game and view how to craft them, or what can be crafted using them. It's similar to NEI, but superior.

[​IMG]

Best by far if you're prone to being helplessly lost like me is Rei's minimap. Adds a small map to the tophand corner of your screen, and a large map on keypress - current version of tekkit has it at 'x'.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention waypoints! These are the best things in the entire world. Allows you to place a marker at specified coordinates - like a marker for 'home', say - and it'll appear on your map and the overworld. This might have actually been the first thing that got me into Techic pack.

[​IMG]

There are more mods, like forestry, which is an extension to buildcraft that lets you automate farming... all in all an awesome modpack, and I'd love to play it with you guys. What do you think?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  18. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

^This.

I'm on a school project working spree so I won't take the time to write up a huge post, but this on so many levels.

Technic is incredible, and it offers so much more than just vanilla.

19. Alindrome

I certainly agree with you on that. A game with just IC2, redpower, NEI and rei's minimap would make for a great game. Buildcraft is cool, of course, but quarries get laggy.

20. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff