1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

STAR WARS III (A Death Eaters Variant) :: Concluded [Rebels Win]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Apr 28, 2012.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Because I'm too aggressive.

Would you prefer I just cast a vote for someone unlikely to be lynched and then go afk and let town no lynch? That's one of the most anti-town things you can do. Aggression is good, especially in short days when there's no pressure going out otherwise.

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Honestly, I don't see Stojil as being scum. Yes, he should have voted for Ollie when the lynch was in its final minutes instead of Eid, but a scum wouldn't post like that at the last minute. They would not post at all; they would just leave the lynch alone and let it fail. When I played scum in SW1, it was very important not to bring attention to yourself. At least, that's how my minions and I played. Doing something so blatant and eye-catching wouldn't be a good strategy at all.

3. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, you're coming off as increasingly scummy to me.
    Vote Player: Gambit

4. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I'm astonished that you still don't recognize town-derps after all the games you've played and all those kind of players you've encountered. Scratch that. I just can't believe it. Not even after WH? When Gambit is town, it's clear from almost the first post he makes that he is. Always. You going after him is idiotic at best and scummy at worst.

And you being checked is inevitable, Eido. If you play like yourself, you'll be checked sooner or later. If you play unlike yourself, you'll be checked for horribly visible OoC-ness, too. How is that an excuse? Do you want me to wait for the Cop to roleclaim and clear/accuse you before going after you if I think you're scum? And there's a scum-role that checks town, anyway. Is that what you are?

5. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hey Probe? don't out yourself to get Eido lynched if you investigate him... wait until you've got more investigations down.

6. Eidolonic

On the other hand, please do out yourself if Gambit checks guilty. Because that's another notch in his scumbelt. Jesus.

Short days, and no one seeming all that willing to participate is pretty frustrating, though. The curse of so many vanillas, I guess.

We can't even use the unkillable and unblockable public cop reveal anymore, with the watcher being nailed night one.

I mean, he'd still be unkillable if he revealed a guilty, but he'd also be unable to do any more checks until we lynched the scum roleblocker. Which defeats the purpose a tad.

Basically, we're running out of time. Again. Because people are inactive. Again. And what a shock! We're also distracted by the Ollie situation. Because he's still alive. Yes, I'm bitter that he didn't get lynched day one, because now we have nothing to work with whatsoever, and we wasted pretty much two entire days. Blah.

I'm fine with an Ollie or Nae'blis lynch right now.

Stojil bears watching, though I don't especially think he's scum. Just tunneling on obvious town as always.

Jesus christ, people, aggression is not a thing scum like to do. They like to lurk. They like to join bandwagons. They like to blend in while doing nothing to draw attention to themselves. And you town that are doing the same thing are just... letting them do it!

No one is going to raise their hand politely and inform us that they are a witch - you need to pressure people with the fear of death, both their own, and their buddies.

Just, bleh.

There's a 4/15 chance that we hit a scum going at complete random. 4/14 from my perspective. Those are good odds, and why are we not lynching someone that has exhibited obvious scum tendencies?

Even if Ollie is town the bandwagon is informative if he flips town. Because, remember. Scum like to be quiet. Scum like to blend in. Scum like to hop on bandwagons in the middle of blocks of town members, rarely voting back to back with their buddies.

If you want to lynch someone that isn't Ollie, that's fine. Make. A. Case. I don't mean one sentence saying 'I think x is scum because I think that' Not asking for a wall of text, just a better reason to lynch someone than the myriad of scummy derp Ollie has exhibited.

7. Schrodinger

High Score:
    So vote for Ollie, you longwinded indecisive bastard. -_-

8. Eidolonic

I'm perfectly willing to listen to other opinions, is the point. I'm not 100% sold on Ollie being scum. I do think it's slightly more likely than targeting someone at random, and therefore potentially more informative!

There's 2-3 people I'd say are more likely to be scum, but we wouldn't generate as much information from their lynch (and they're far less likely to actually happen in the limited time left) than Ollie.

If I were the cop, I'd be checking Vira and Nae'blis, in particular.

I'll throw a vote up, sure, but I'm willing to be swayed if someone makes an effort. And no, voting for me because I'm actually trying to help town do something doesn't qualify as an effort.

9. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jesus Christ, we're heading for a massively split vote.

You guys are doing the worst possible thing. You're making the mistake that DE1 was famous for: getting hung up on the inability to lynch one person.

We should have left the discussion about Ollie behind after night one. I'm suspicious of all the main forces behind bringing him up again. It's like a deliberate attempt to lead to repetitive indecisive vote splitting.

In the interest of avoiding this indecisiveness:

Vote player: Gambit

And then tomorrow, barring the release of new information, we lynch Eidolonic, for starting this "lets focus on Ollie" bullshit.

10. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

You know what, I'm tired of scum hiding behind Ollie, using him to deflect from themselves. So long as he is alive, people will keep bringing him up. I honestly don't think he is scum, and I think he is a vanilla townie, but I'm sick of people discussing him.

With that said,

rescind vote

I'll be awake early tomorrow, so I'll be able to check back in FOR SURE.

---------- Post automerged at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Oh LOL, Taure said just about the same thing I did. Leaning towards a town read for him, because he's thinking the same way I am and being sensible.

11. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    I will switch my vote to myself to speed the day up if it's foregone conclusion that I'm dying, but it'd be more useful to lynch Eido and see what he is, seriously.

12. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We'll get Eido tomorrow. Sorry Ollie, but if we did as you said and tried to lynch Eido today, there'd probably just be a split vote and no lynch. Again. And then again tomorrow. Bah.

13. Ash

Sorry, Ollie :(
    Like I said, I'm convinced you're town, especially with your last post, but CERTAIN people refuse to let it go.

---------- Post automerged at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Also, I get a decidedly funny feeling from Naeblis.

14. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    guys we can push it through, if he's a witch, then all the shit about me will stop as well.

15. Schrodinger

High Score:
    And there you go trying for the split by pulling the sympathy vote.

16. Ash

I don't think he's trying to split the vote, he's trying to convince everyone to switch. We know it's a fruitless effort, but hey, if I was about to be lynched, I'd be trying my hardest too.

17. Eidolonic

Yes. I would be much happier lynching Nae'blis than I would Ollie. Same with Vira.

But at this point, if we don't lynch Ollie, he's going to continue being a scummy-as-hell distraction for scum to hide behind, as well as misguided town.

Just... if you don't understand why lynching day one is a good thing, I suggest reading this.

Nothing is going to happen unless people make them happen. And scum simply don't like making things happen! It increases suspicion on them, gives permanent record for their actions, and forces them to make things happen to their own buddies if the game gets pushed that way. And makes them more likely cop checks, of course.

I mean, come on. You really think I wasn't checked last night? Yes, I mechanically could be the godfather that checks innocent. But, well. I'm not. Obviously.

I'm vanilla town. I'm playing aggressively, yes. Yes, Ollie is more likely town than scum, but that does not mean he is not more likely scum than other people at the moment, and it does not mean that he is a bad lynch.

Town on Town lynches are a very real thing, and they do suck - but we just have to look at the flips, and see who hopped onto the bandwagons with minimal convincing and effort expended.

If you people don't want Ollie dead, give a reason, and make a case for a better target. That's all I'm asking for. But with these stupidly short days, we don't have time for in-depth pressure and discussion. The first person a slight bandwagon builds on almost has to be lynched, because there's no time to switch it. Which is mildly annoying, but that's neither here or there.

(And "Ollie derps all over the place and posts scummy in every game" is not really a reason to let him live, any more than lynching someone that lurked in another game is a reason to lynch them in this one. Be consistent about meta, yeah?)

---------- Post automerged at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Yes. I would be much happier lynching Nae'blis than I would Ollie. Same with Vira.

But at this point, if we don't lynch Ollie, he's going to continue being a scummy-as-hell distraction for scum to hide behind, as well as misguided town.

Just... if you don't understand why lynching day one is a good thing, I suggest reading this.

Nothing is going to happen unless people make them happen. And scum simply don't like making things happen! It increases suspicion on them, gives permanent record for their actions, and forces them to make things happen to their own buddies if the game gets pushed that way. And makes them more likely cop checks, of course.

I mean, come on. You really think I wasn't checked last night? Yes, I mechanically could be the godfather that checks innocent. But, well. I'm not. Obviously.

I'm vanilla town. I'm playing aggressively, yes. Yes, Ollie is more likely town than scum, but that does not mean he is not more likely scum than other people at the moment, and it does not mean that he is a bad lynch.

Town on Town lynches are a very real thing, and they do suck - but we just have to look at the flips, and see who hopped onto the bandwagons with minimal convincing and effort expended.

If you people don't want Ollie dead, give a reason, and make a case for a better target. That's all I'm asking for. But with these stupidly short days, we don't have time for in-depth pressure and discussion. The first person a slight bandwagon builds on almost has to be lynched, because there's no time to switch it. Which is mildly annoying, but that's neither here or there.

(And "Ollie derps all over the place and posts scummy in every game" is not really a reason to let him live, any more than lynching someone that lurked in another game is a reason to lynch them in this one. Be consistent about meta, yeah?)

---------- Post automerged at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

What the fuck doublepost. At least it automerged, I guess?

18. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    well shit man, if you drop it off you me and ash at least would vote for Nae'blis.

19. Ash

This is true. I don't know if anyone else would, though. And frankly, I think that if we try to switch targets, we're just going to end up with a no lynch. It's too much of a risk....

20. Eidolonic

Ollie, I'll try to explain my reasoning for pushing so hard on you despite actually believing you are probably town.

The fact that you are the scummiest posting player in this game, even if not the most likely to be scum, makes you a very easy bandwagon for scum to hop onto.

You could consider it a trap, of sorts. A way to gauge the reactions of other people to the pressure and the wagon, and see how they think.

When I say that lynches are informative, I don't just mean how the end flip is, town or scum - it's how the rest of the game interacts with the lynch and the people on it. Day one, or even two, lynches don't often net scum. But what they do gain, is information on people in the game. They force people to do things, and can set the stage for reads on folks that we can use in late game to pull out the win.

If people want to lynch me tomorrow, well. It's your choice to make, and I'm not going to make the same exhausting arguments over again. Just think about what I've done, and what I've said, and try to consider if scum would do such things.

Not open for further replies.