1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

~/* Witchhunt *\~ Game Started!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Chocolate Pi, Mar 26, 2012.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

The BoD is alive at this point, and can only be one of a small group of players (assuming nobody who has claimed a role has faked it).

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kai, both Moridin and myself are 99% certain you're scum, so at this point I think we're both willing to take the risk. If you die during the night, we'll lynch the other two suspects and then see if the game ends. That'll tell us whether you were scum or not. If it turns out you weren't, then we find the last one (likely a lurker at that point) through the other town.

If you live through the night because they chose to target Moridin (a likely prospect considering how he doesn't have protection any more), we'll see your coven list, lynch you and then find out whether you were town or not by whether I activate or not (I'd suggest that if the Angels haven't protected me so far that they do it tonight).

If you live through the night because they chose to kill me (and I die), Moridin gives his gravedigger info on Sirion or Coleam (forgot that he was away for the weekend) and we get your coven list. I'll leave it up to Moridin to decide whether to trust you or not.

If you live through the night because scum tried to kill me and failed, Moridin gives his info on Sirion/Coleam, we lynch you to see if I activate and then I kill the next best target, or we go on to lynch the last of our suspects, thus likely winning the game.

Giving you an extra life is out of the question at this point because you're just too likely to be scum, and I have you down as likely JW!Fanatic, so giving you any more lives would be horrendously stupid. Aside from that, your death and the info it gives us is pretty much the most important information we can get at this point, so if you're town, taking one for the team is pretty much your only option at this point.

As a last point, again, I request that the Angels protect me tonight, if they haven't already. It's important that I live through tonight so that we know whether to trust Kai's word, and my ability is the best indicator for that at this stage.

---------- Post automerged at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Also, I've switched votes to Coleam, because he's next on my scumlist below Kai and Sirion, and I don't want to kill a guy who can't defend himself.

---------- Post automerged at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Second also: Killing a townie at this point is a terrible idea. It gets rid of my ability to tell whether Kai is lying or not through lynching him, which is likely part of his plan too.

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Aekiel pointed out exactly why I don't want to lynch the BoD - if I die tonight, we have no way of confirming Kai's coven tomorrow.

Vote Player: coleam is something I can get behind.

4. Aekiel

High Score:
    Oh yeah, can I get confirmation that if we lynch a townie with more than one life then my ability will still activate?

5. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Alright, I wouldn't give Kai an extra life at the cost of our BoD, but I'm down with getting rid of Coleam while we wait to see how his claim shakes out.

Lynch Vote: Coleam

Not much else to say right now.

6. KaiDASH

'Die' seems to be pretty clear in this case - A person with an extra life or some other way to avoid dying doesn't die, so they do not count.

7. Aekiel

High Score:
    Hmm, that makes it more difficult then. I'm relying on the Angels and WINE now.

8. coleam

coleam Death Eater

I'd say, "well, then you don't want to lynch me," but that just makes me sound like desperate scum.

There's not much I can do at this point to convince people of my innocence though. I've fucked up a few times in particularly scummy ways, so I shouldn't expect people to believe me when I say I'm town. I've done my best to show that I'm not scum - coming up with plans, giving reads, trying to prod people that look scummy to me - but it obviously wasn't enough.

Aekiel's plan isn't bad, though it's less of a guessing game for the scum than he makes it out to be, given that Moridin has already been protected. Also, if I were scum and Kai was actually the spy, I would go after him without hesitation tonight - someone who could reveal the entirety of the scumteam is a far higher priority than a role than can only confirm/deny a person's team after death.

Also, Aekiel, you mentioned knowing that there were two town lynches back when you first revealed. Did you only find out the number of town lynches when we hit two, or did you see a counter for each of the two? Because if you saw a counter then it wouldn't matter too much who gets lynched today (apart from potentially losing a townie).

9. Aekiel

High Score:
    I don't get told how many townies have been lynched until I hit three, that's Moridin's job. I can't remember which page he said it on (given that there are 69 pages now), but he gave a list of lynches and Geabe/Castiel were town.

10. coleam

coleam Death Eater

You revealed before Moridin, and said that you knew two scum had been lynched because you were the Vigilante (#1007). We'd lynched 4 people at that point without you activating, so we knew that there weren't three lynches from any one faction, but I'm still puzzled as to how you were sure there were TWO lynched scum then, if you weren't informed when you were one away from activating.

11. Aekiel

High Score:
    Hmm, looking back over my notes it was mostly an educated guess.

I didn't think Geabe was scum, and I had my doubts about Lutris (turned out I was wrong on that one, but Castiel was town anyway so it worked out the same). As well as that, my role reveal was mostly because there was a lot of discussion going about how many Witches or Junior Witches we'd lynched and I decided to clarify the issue at hand, as well as letting everyone know whether we'd lynched town or scum that day at the immediate start of the night, rather than the day after, as it is with Moridin.

12. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

Alternately, the scum just murder Aekiel tonight. Someone should probably try and keep that from happening if this is the way things are gonna go (hint hint, anyone not alive reading the thread).

---------- Post automerged at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

On that note, KaiDASH's defenses are ringing even scummier than his posts were, and I am even less inclined now to believe him than before if that's even possible.

Yes, let's lynch the motherfucking Benevolent Old Dame and give someone who's >95% chance to be a lying Junior Witch an extra life, KaiDASH. What could possibly go wrong here?

There's simply no reason to trust you with an extra life even if you don't outright get lynched, since the possibility of you actually being Town is quite impressively small. Sorry!

-

If there's gonna be a non-Kai lynch, lynching Sirion when he's afk and unable to offer any defense is a dick move, as little as I like most of his posting. And it's really not a good idea to let things go to the wire here since according to Moridin the Judge is dead and was scum anyways.

So. Let's get to deciding time shall we?

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    I'm voting for Coleam since he's the third part of the Kai/Sirion/Coleam triumvirate and scummy enough that I feel justified in lynching him even with my two main choices taken off the table.

14. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

That's the thing though; Kai's not off the table. Y'all just think he is because you're willing to trust him for reasons I flat-out do not understand.

But...really, fuck you people for this. There's 8:40 remaining in the damned day.

We cannot afford to nolynch. Taure, bob99, coleam, KaiDASH - fucking vote.

15. coleam

coleam Death Eater

The problem is, I'm not sure who to vote for. I'm not voting for myself in this case because, despite what any of you might think, I'm town and I want Aekiel's plan to work. Which also sort of precludes lynching Kai as well.

Plus, I'm uncertain of Kai's loyalties. I'm leaning towards him being a JW for reasons that have already been mentioned, but most of his scummy behavior can also be explained away by him being the spy and trying to avoid detection.

Ideally, I'd get behind a lynch on a third candidate, but no one seems to want to go that route. If I were to choose, AngelRick would probably be my top choice for a lynch, with either Sirion or Taure behind him. But Sirion's already been thrown out as an option, Taure just doesn't seem to give a fuck about this game and can't be bothered to post enough for anyone to get a read, and apparently I'm the only one who thinks that AngelRick is scummy.

So...question for Aekiel:
    If we do end up lynching me and you get your vigilante kill, who do you hit? What about if we lynch Kai and get the same result?

16. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    rescind-o lynch-o coleam We just have to make it to tomorrow....

17. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Lynching me is a terrible idea.

If I am lynched, Aekiel is forced to Vigilante kill tonight with no hard info. The coven then kills either Kai (if he's actually the spy) or Moridin. In this case, Angels should probably protect Kai. Aekiel doesn't need to be protected because his kill will go through either way, and the likelihood of lynching 3 more townies at this point is slim to none, and the other priority target is Moridin, who's already been protected. You learn from Moridin that I'm the Town Pauper (if he's still alive), as I've already told you, Kai gives his list of JWs (real or fake). You now have no way to check the veracity of his claims, because if he isn't dead already, Moridin will die that night.

If you lynch someone else, the Angels and the Coven get to play the guessing game on Kai and Aekiel, then you learn who died today (unless the Coven takes the easy route and offs Moridin). Provided Kai survived, you pick out a target from his list to lynch, and, provided Aekiel survived as well (and we didn't lynch a townie), you learn whether Kai was telling the truth with his list.

Yes, the second scenario has a lot of ifs, but the chance of getting info is infinitely better than a guarantee of getting none. And even if only one of Kai or Aekiel survives the second scenario, you still have more info than if you take the first scenario.

And yeah, I recognize that this is exactly what I'd say if I were a JW. Nothing I can really do about it though.

18. KaiDASH

lynch coleam

whatever

19. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

Perhaps you should have tried to figure this out more than eight hours before the voting deadline, Coleam. My sympathy for you in this situation is literally nonexistent. Make up your damned mind.

You're probably getting lynched anyways since Ollie flipped and Kai just dropped in with a perfectly-timed vote, but yeah.

20. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Honestly, at this point, I have little choice. Unless everyone else votes for Kai, he's not going to be lynched, and I have to go to bed. It'll be night by the time I wake.

So, for the sake of getting a lynch in on someone I feel may be a JW...

Lynch: Coleam