1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Mar 18, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

2. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Not like we would have won anyways. Retarded shen gave up despite it being a 4v4.

3. Thorn

Thorn Professor

I tried Olaf for the first time last night and fell in love a little bit. Pretty sure I'm gonna pick him up.

Anyone have general tips/builds for him?

4. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    OP char is OP.

Hurr Durr Reckless Swing Spam = Win Top Lane.

Or, if you're vs a TankyAP/Range, Undertow instead.

5. A Curious Stranger

A Curious Stranger Second Year

Yeah, trading with Olaf is painful. Not to mention his passive. I've seen so many people get cocky seeing Olaf low then get demolished.

6. Evan Tide

7. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I don't get why you don't play ranked permanently already. You'll find people take the game a lot more seriously there.

8. Evan Tide

Remember how I commented on trooper's games? Yeah, it feels like that.

9. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Well early games are rough, cause you just have to carry through till you reach your elo. But they go by really fast especially with the elo boost in the beginning.

10. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Had a very satisfying game as Malphite jungle, and I'm glad I finally played a decent game as jungler. Now I can stop saying that I'm a terribad jungler to get out of it in ranked queue. Of course, it's ~1100-1200 elo, but still :3

What I hated with Nunu, Fiddlesticks, and Warwick, during free weeks, was how I couldn't balance clearing camps quickly with ganks. Phenomenal clear speed because of ground pound and cleave.

I managed 6/4/13 with 92 jungle creeps and 74 minions, got a Frozen Heart in a single buy after heart of gold, and did a decent job against Jungle Taric who fucking zoomed around with 450 movespeed. I actually took him on in a duel at top when both of our respective laners died, and won by tanking his stun/radiance/shatter/hammer clinks and smashing his face in.

More than likely that their team was just shit, since Blitzcrank couldn't land a grab worth a damn, and according to Taric, Varus kept QQing when Vayne/Alistar wrecked him.

Picked him up if that no-free-champs ranked queue thing goes through.

Oh and Talon top solo mirror matches XD

11. Evan Tide

It's jungle taric, If you didn't beat the shit out of him, there would be problems. Especially since his only real damage is mitigated by you just buying standard items and his damage is basically cut in 1/2 vs you.

12. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Malph is a very strong jungler, decent ganks that become very good at 6, with great clear speed. Fiddle, Nunu, Warwick used to be a very good junglers since camps did more damage, but now it's more about the AoE clear speed of champs that determine how good they are at jungle.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  13. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What is this I don't even-

Jungle Taric? What the Fuck. I'll admit I Trolled a team in my head by imagining what it would be like to play Taric as a mid, building stuff like lichbane and trinity after I bought my 3 gp items, basically being unpokeable and able to trade fairly aggressively because of my high AD without items, and the fact I could push lanes to lower the CD of my heal. In the end, that's all it was, a troll build. I can't even imagine what made someone go "man, Taric will be soooo goooood in jungle." If you want to jungle support, go Allistair or even Blitz.

---------- Post automerged at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

What is this I don't even-

Jungle Taric? What the Fuck. I'll admit I Trolled a team in my head by imagining what it would be like to play Taric as a mid, building stuff like lichbane and trinity after I bought my 3 gp items, basically being unpokeable and able to trade fairly aggressively because of my high AD without items, and the fact I could push lanes to lower the CD of my heal. In the end, that's all it was, a troll build. I can't even imagine what made someone go "man, Taric will be soooo goooood in jungle." If you want to jungle support, go Allistair or even Blitz.

14. Evan Tide

[​IMG]

Assist King Mundo.

I also don't know how the fuck the Vari only have 120 CS max at 34 minutes. That was retarded as all fuck.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  15. redshell

redshell Order Member

Question regarding jungle invade. Do you guys notice it ever actually working? I've got about a 50/50 record with invading, and by that I mean either us or them getting first blood. Rarely, if ever, have I ever seen more than one or two kills out of jungle invade, and honestly, if the carries don't get those kills, they're behind in CS almost immediately, because the gold advantage from a kill won't save them, and an assist is farmed against in one or two minion waves, which they'll probably have by the time you get back from invading.

16. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

The thing with invading, is that it isn't about getting you ahead, as much as ruining everything for the jungle, for instance, you steal amumu's blue buff, then you've set back his ganking power by a ton. Plus there's the fact that having a 2nd blue buff for your team never hurts.

17. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

In most cases when my team gets invaded I just tell our jungler to take the enemy blue, and they always leave it undefended because they come in as 5 hoping to get a bunch of kills and stay a long time. If we have a disruptive/cc heavy/bursty team and they show up 1 or even 2 at a time, it doesn't end well for them.

The problem is when they invade on red, and sometimes even stay to gank the jungler. :(

The times I went along with an invasion didn't end well unless I was part of the arranged team and on skype/vent, though there were a few exceptions in which the enemy streamed in one at a time instead of protecting.

18. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

As long as your team isn't complete crap you can generally get away with a successful invade at the lower levels. More often then not everyone is focused on killing each other and forget about the blue buff so you have already succeeded. The other thing to think about is that every second the game ticks on the creeps get stronger up until a certain point. Each of those seconds is an added chance their jungler will be behind in his game.

Last game I invaded in ended up with the weirdest set up for the next 15 minutes. I was supposed to be playing malph in solo top except the lanes in our game got royally screwed up. There was roaming fights all over the map after the invade and for about half the match mid was just one long 3v3 that would not end. I got fed up of dealing with saving people while they did their weird things, had top all to myself with no one to stop me, bottom had a 2v1 for the other team. I just stomped past their first tower with no one to stop me, varus took their first bot tower by the time I'm half way down their second one and then the other team finally notices just what the hell is going on.

Most retarded game I have played in awhile but those starting minutes of just pure fights were fun to say the least.

19. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

It's fun cause the current meta is so boring. To static, and everyone always fill in these "positions." If there's one thing I wish could be changed about LoL, it would be this.

20. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Honestly give the champion designers two months to brainstorm/create/balance new kinds of champs and the I believe the meta would completely shift.

The problem, imo, is that the new champs being released are designed to fit into the current meta.

Not open for further replies.