1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Mar 18, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

As I recall, elo change is based on relative elo, yours compared to the average elo of the enemy team, the greater the disparity, the greater the gain or loss. I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you don't play often, your elo will naturally decline, so if you don't play much on SR that could be it.

But there is no other reason I can think of that your elo would decline off of a won game.

2. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Any third party way of tracking Elo is flawed and doesn't work. It's a guess and usually that guess is going to be wrong.

EDIT: OK so the LoLMatches website says it can get normal and Dominion Elo. I thought that when Riot said they stopped sending normal Elo to clients that they actually, y'know, stopped sending normal Elo to clients. Seems I was mistaken. Still at least I can answer the question now!

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  3. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Well as much fun reading you guys talk about ELO is, I decided to have a random game of normal solo Q and well... http://i.imgur.com/7u8v5.jpg
    It kinda went very well, the game started with us invading blue to fuck over amumu, but we caught akali out of position and she melted, which gave me first blood, we then went in and we got a kill on ashe and olaf and stole blue. Have to say though, that blitzcrank was incredible with his grabs all game, which is probably why I got so many kills since we were just dominated ashe and olaf down bot.

4. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

Just so everyone knows, it is Elo. Not ELO.

It is named after the guy who made it, Arpad Elo.

Some people hate it when people type their instead of they're. It's Elo.

Elo.

5. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Nautilus is a warrior god. I tried him out in support since I'm a terrible jungler, and by god did he insert his penis into every possible receptacle. His damage is actually pretty good considering his ridiculous cc, and with this Corki nothing could stop me.

I'm considering starting to jungle just so I can play Nautilus more. So satisfying.

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yep. Our afk Talon, their Ashe fed herself to our Yi, the only reason our Blitz had any kills is because the fuck kept coming to mid and stealing mine, and our Taric pretty much just stayed on bottom and raped on his own, since Yi was top, and Blitz was literally wandering around doing fuck all but grabbing my target at a sliver of health after sitting in the bush the whole fight. Main reason I hate SR, so rare for me to have fun in nonranked solo q, but it'll be awhile before I get to 30 to play ranked

7. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, patch preview is out. Anyone care at all? I don't know if the Chalice overhaul will matter at all. Swain (one of the people they are aiming this item at) doesn't really need mana regen from the chalice if you play smart. His passive gives you tons of mana, plus masteries and if you're really hungry, runes. Maybe if it is cheap i'll pick it up, but I doubt it.

Otherwise, nothing exciting (fuck you stealth change, make Twitch viable).

8. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For me, with anivia the chalice will be awesome, becuase until now the mana reg wasn't worth the space, but now... :awesome

9. redshell

redshell Order Member

Unholy Grail is going to be epic on a lot of mana-hungry champions. Anivia, Swain, Lux, etc. To some extent, I feel like Cassiopeia is going to love it, since I tried her out last night and ended up with less than 200 mana even after a quick 1 v 1 fight, even with blue buff and her passive. God forbid I get into a team fight, then I'm forced to recall without the mana needed to use any spells.

On the subject of Cassiopeia, casting her Q feels weird to me. It's instant-cast, and by that I mean I wasn't really able to put it where I wanted to. It just sort of went towards my cursor, and because of that it took me about ten minutes to figure out the range on it.

It's not an overhaul, it's a direct upgrade. Chalice Of Harmony -> Athene's Unholy Grail.

Also, I don't play stealth champions all that often, but it seems like this stealth mechanic is probably [Riot's] best bet, all things considered. Anybody decent with a stealth champion will still sneak around like a nigger with a TV, and the fact that they become visible once they enter melee range, I feel, is much better than LOL RUN AROUND THE MAP AND NOBODY CAN SEE ME.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  10. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Cass OP. It's even in her name. I tried to use the smartcast range indicators like with Karthus, but it doesn't work with her Q. I think if you hover over the icon in your HUD you get the range.

I think I'm gonna add Grail to my core Lux build. Even if I keep my early doran's rings I have a slot or two left over after finishing Deathcap+Void staff and boots, and I never know what to get :|

11. Midknight

You get used to her Q quickly once you play a few games with her. I still forget it's on a short delay to burst though.

12. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Chalice of Harmony has actually been a reasonably common buy for me. It is very cheap at only 890? gold, making it an item I don't feel bad to get and sell later.

Mind you, the only mids I really play are Annie, Veigar and Lux, but I have never really regretted buying an early Chalice on them. Lux is pretty much self-explanatory, and being able to throw out Qs on Veigar every time it is up without ever having to worry about not having enough mana to E-W-Q combo is beautiful.

Pretty much the same with Annie. Tossing her W or Q on the enemy without a care in the world is awesome.

Plus the magic resist to protect you a decent amount from their pokes? Yes please. It being upgradeable means I'll get it that much more often.

13. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Ryze is the only mana using caster I don't see myself buying Grail on, and that's just because he gets more out of building mana than he does mana regen. Hell I could see myself buying it on Corki and Ezreal when I go for the Trinity Force build, the unique passive looks like it might be strong enough to justify the 'wasted' AP.

Heimerdinger is going to love it. Rockets all day. Galio is going to love it for two weeks, then he'll get nerfed.

14. Midknight

I just get Tear into late AA *shrug*

15. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

@LoLMatches discussion: It records your Elo at the start of a match, which means your last win or loss is not recorded. It only updates a specific Elo when you actually play that mode again.

16. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

It's probably better to compare Chalice to Catalyst, seeing as both are items aimed at lane sustain and defence. Chalice has MR and regen while Catalyst has health, mana and gives you two health and mana pots on level up. Before Grail it wasn't ever a difficult choice, Catalyst upgrades into two awesome items while Chalice didn't have an upgrade at all. Now it's a bit trickier because Grail looks like a really strong item too.

Tear is nice, but kind of counter-productive. Tear encourages you to spam your spells to charge up the passive, but if you're having mana issues then spamming spells is the last thing you should be doing. If you aren't going to be able to charge that Tear up, you're probably better off buying Fiendish Codex > Morello's Evil Tome or Philosopher's Stone > Eleisa's Miracle.

...oh wow. I think I just recommended Eleisa's Miracle without being sarcastic. :?

17. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    When the fuck do you get to play Heimer? Dominion?

18. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tear with mana reg runes is a good combo if you can sustain spells evenly, not just some bursts. I usually have it up to 800 by 20 min

19. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Pretty much whenever I want, it's not like he's ever picked or banned ;)

20. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Hey, Heimerdinger isn't as weak as people think he is, until AD carries can one hit your turrets at least.

Not open for further replies.