1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt2 - More Suckers, Less Stars

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Jun 2, 2012.

1. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

Here's something meaty, hopefully it helps y'all get a read on me since I haven't posted much. Also, if you have any more questions, I can answer those too if you need it.

1) If you were the KaiDASH, who would you pick to be a KaiBOT?
    Eido at this point. From my experience, he's excellent at scumhunting and keeping him alive should be a priority until we know more.
    However, if you think you're going to be NK'ed, find someone you think is scum and drag them with you as Eido said. It can be used as doctor, though the protection is risky. I think it's better as a scum hunting role.
    2) If you were the Uncle, who would you check?
    Paranoia from last GOD game wants me to check Eido just to see if he could be 3rd party again. It'd be a crazy coincidence if he was...
    Otherwise, I'd probably pick a lurker, and one of the typical power players.
    3) If you were the Zeitgeist, which two would you check tonight?
    I might check whomever we vote as mayor, just because there is a slightly greater chance that insanity means scum. I'm still learning the use of Zeitgeist, so I might come back to this.
    3a) Is it more important to get a guilty check on night one, or two innocent checks to use as the base for later checks (keeping in mind that the Palindrome checks innocent)?
    I'd almost prefer innocent checks. Not much you can do with an initial guilty check. At least with a few innocent checks, you have an idea of who might be innocent then you can analyze their posts for any scum reads. I think guilty checks become more useful in the late game, after people have reads on you and realize you're town hopefully.
    4) We should never let the Oblat start gaining lives. True/False?
    True, unless it's absolutely critical information. Once the oblat starts gaining lives, they can be very difficult to deal with and can make our lives hell.

As Mayor goes. I like what Ash is posting thus far. I get a good-ish read on Ash thus far, and Ash seems like a level headed person. I can't see Ash being pulled around by scum or trying to pull the town around.

---------- Post automerged at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

With this, I'll be voting:

Mayor Vote: Ashaya

2. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fake Lynch Vote: AngelDick

I may have a huge headache, but you're suss as fuck man.

3. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

I don't know what suss means D:

4. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Final ruling: nope, fine. OTP cannot be oblat'd. Letter of the law is a Thing for me when I study the constitution, so yeah. >.>

5. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

Rescind Mayor Vote

Considering Ash pulled out relatively quickly and she has a fair bit of experience I'm gonna be a paranoid little bitch and pull my vote.

Eidolonic also seems suspiciously eager to mayor so I won't be voting for him. I don't have any hunches about Zeit or Aekiel yet so we'll see.

6. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Well, I just got home, and I'm tired, and I can't read Eidolonic's wall of text just this second, but I'll post when I wake up. I would like to add, however,

I always pull out quickly.

---------- Post automerged at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

But seriously, please vote for me.

7. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Eidolonic, I don't know what you had for breakfast, but your behavior seems a tad erratic and... off. Of course, although I'm grateful for any mayor votes, your switcheroo tactics perturb me enough to keep my eye on you. Not enough to scream "lynch", but enough that I'm on guard. :/

Ollie, you are all over the shop right now. Either you are currently inebriated/functionally impaired or you are playing scum again. Don't be surprised if I asylum you if I become Mayor.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  8. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Zeit do not edit your posts.

For recordkeeping's sake, it was a tiny typo.

9. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Forgot to say that I'd make a good mayor because I'd use my power to deal with pressing issues for the town, such as AngelDick and Kalas. Plus I make a mean chocolate cake

---------- Post automerged at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Gah, all I can say is that it's difficult typing posts on a phone. >_>

10. Sacrosanct

Sacrosanct Auror

I also think it's weird that Ollie didn't whiteknight Ash this time, seems kind of suspicious. He votes for her every time he knows she's not scum and the fact he isn't this time is suspicious, so very scummy vibe off of both Ash and Ollie. Which also makes me wonder why he's voting for Aekiel instead.

I also agree with Zeit in that Eid is being a tricksy little bugger and he says "I'm town guyzz!!11!!!1!2!!" way to much for me to trust him.

And considering Zeit said basically what I was thinking either we're both shit or he knows what he's doing. Or he's trying to placate me because he's scum. But either way, I have to vote and Zeit seems the least scummy of them all. Therefore... drumroll

Mayor Vote: Zeitgeist

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

It's not an extra-life. It's one layer of protection, and that's quite different and huge. Honestly, I don't think I would give OTP to the two players I'd consider the most dangerous so I could kill them as soon as possible, but maybe that's just me.

It was two votes (for Zeit) against one (for Kai) and this seems like another attempt at manipulating info/truth. I must say I can see you assuming what you did for the KaiDASH role, but the vote on Zeit/non-vote on Kai remains awfully scummy and the backtracking doesn't exactly help.

12. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Rescind Mayor Vote

Kinda obvious I won't be winning. Right now I am deciding between Zeit and Aek. I am gonna re-read everything.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I too have a light scumread on Eido. He's not acting in the way he normally does, including the times he was Oblat.

On the one hand, this makes me a bit more confident that he's not the Oblat (again), but it does pseudo-link him to another person in my mind. Could be anything, could be nothing. I'll have to watch more to find out.

14. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

You're reading far too much into things. I was on my way out the door, thought the day would end before I got home, and just switched a vote over to the person I thought had the best chance of winning that wasn't Aekiel or Ashaya.

Zeit is not my first, second, or even third choice, but he's higher up the pecking order than the other options that had a realistic chance of winning in my mind at that point. That's all there is to it. I don't generally 'manipulate information' which seems to be your new buzz word. I might try to manipulate sheep at time, sure, but this isn't one of those times. :p

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Rofl. :( Don't you like it?

16. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

btw we should absolutely be directing the mayor incarceration power, seeing as it's discrete, enforceable by town and is effectively an additional lynch every second day.

Eido, I think you knew exactly what was going to happen when you voted for Zeit and the implications that has, so I feel less than good about you.

17. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Kai, you're also falling into the trap of over-thinking it. I was literally getting ready to head out the door, thought the day ended before I'd get back, and moved vote over to someone that had more than one vote that I was moderately okay with winning.

That's all there is/was to it.

My order of preference to having the extra life goes something like this:

Me > You > Stojil > Zeit > Jwlk or something like that. Kalas might be on there normally, but haven't liked him this game much.

Jwlk would be higher, but he never seems to actually get shot when town. And he's always scum, anyways. :p

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Come on people, we need some discussion going.

What do the rest of you guys think about Eido? He's being defensive, but doesn't seem panicked, which suggests town. However, he's well known as a good player, and is very good at persuading people into to doing what he wants.

---------- Post automerged at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Also, more people answer those questions. If anyone has better ones, post them up. We only stand a chance of winning if people participate, otherwise it's too easy for scum to hide in the lurkers and everyone ignores them in favour of active people.

19. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I think Eidolonic is scummy. I think Ollie is scummy as well, for the reasons Sacrosanct mentioned.

Actually, I think everyone that didn't vote for me for mayor is scum.

20. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Now I think Ash is scummy.