1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt2 - More Suckers, Less Stars

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Okay, I'm definitely happy with killing Zennith now. Should we start putting down actual votes now?

@Stojli I think we should have the Irene asylum AngelRick ,and just kill him tomorrow. Or have the Moridin kill him.

@Aekiel, you never did explain why you picked Zennith.

2. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Care to explain YOUR reasoning? Or you just trying to follow the crowd?

3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No its not my 'defense' I don't need a 'defense' Kai and Eido are telling town to waste a lynch on me so that's exactly what you're going to do.

The purpose of mentioning that was for, hopefully, some people to go back and actually read what I posted without the 'Eido/Kai thinks he's scum' bias. I stand by what I said though I didn't want either one as Mayor (and lookie there neither did you guys >.>) for perfectly valid reasons ie if the Palindrome is in a position where she needs protection she has failed miserably so there is literally no conceivable thought process that doesn't end up linking strong town for an easy kill.

So I did find the fact that it was, apparently, neither of them quite suspicious. Eido's day 1 was off from the norm and that's where I focused my attention. With the claim and no counterclaim.. meh. Everyone can have an off day. The Uncle curing him is still a good idea though, if only for the inevitable oblat.

Kai.. is being Kai. I made it clear I didn't like him, made some questionable posts and now he's jumping down my throat. Not really scummy, just annoying.

That said:
    Deadline Lynch Vote: AngelRick

For passages quoted by Stojil and actually being a questionable player so far.

4. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Honestly, I can't see what you did wrong until people started accusing you. However since then there has been enough for me to think that you are scum.

For example:

After saying this you then proceeded to make one post for the rest of the day, and that was a pointless one line nothing post.

or this:

Now while Aekiel is a decent player, there were four other people running for mayor at the time who I would consider better. So I definitely don't accept that reasoning, and that looks to me like some scum jumping on the middle of a bandwagon.

And then there's this rather horrible post:

I mean seriously, just going "NO YOU'RE SCUM!!!" really isn't the best defence. And that really just strengthens the case for Scumbuddy!Sacrosanct.

Then there's this:

Where you seem to be advocating that we don't kill anybody at all, and somehow that's best for town.:confused: I don't really see where you get that logic.

Now while none of these points are massive scumtells, put together they add up to make a solid case against you. But even then, the biggest thing I don't like about your posts is that they sound like the ones I made in the games when I was scum. The over defensiveness, the aggression against your accusers, all things I've done as scum. So yeah, is that enough reasoning for you?

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It started off with this post. I've never liked people just going with the flow on such important decisions, even if they're voting for me.

Then it went on with the stuff you listed; Zennith was too defensive in my eyes and the only other real scum read I had at that point was Eido, whom I wasn't willing to put in the Asylum at that point. So I picked Zennith.

As for choices for tonight, we don't have to. I only get to Asylum people every two nights.

6. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

If we kill Zennith now, we'll know if he's town or not. Given that Zennith has been accusing Stojil, we could learn more about Stojil with a Zennith kill. With this said, since he can't use his ability, we might learn something merely by continuing his incarceration and without giving the third party even more clear information.

Stojil, you saw the last game at GOD? You know how that went with the third party... I'm pretty content with Eido's plan. If the third party want to show up, that's less work for us, and we'll know Eido is definitely town too.

I'm a wary of Bill Door. First we have Mishie lurking pretty hard, then we have Bill Door kind of bandwagoning on. I realize I'm not the best player, but the combination has my scumdar pinging. Worse though is jwlk. Dunno if he has rl issues, but his lurking makes kinda makes me suspicious, given how good he is as a player.

But given that Kalas has more votes on him, I think I'll stick a deadline lynch vote on him. He's been both aggressive and defensive. He and Kai have been going at it.
    Deadline lynch vote: Kalas

7. Zennith

High Score:
    Also, upon receiving my answer from Lungs, I'm quite prepared to roleclaim if need be in order to deter this kill.

---------- Post automerged at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Because, now that I think of it - if I roleclaim and somebody claims that I'm lying, you can go ahead and kill me. And once I'm dead you'll find out that I WASN'T lying and whoever claimed must be scum. So those are the options.

8. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I... what? Are you forgetting the Jwlk? Because I just went over the role list again and I'm not seeing anything that can survive a modkill. So revealing to deter your death is really bad for town, regardless of what you are.

Also, Ollie:

Answer the question, please and thank you.

9. Zennith

High Score:

Well, I'ma die either way, unless people just actually become prudent and not kill happy.

---------- Post automerged at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Activity also has really dropped off today in general. Who is just sitting around saying nothing?

10. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Jesus Christmas Christ, Zennith. What the hell are you thinking? So basically, you're perfectly happy with providing the jwlk with canon-fodder, just to prevent your death? You have to keep in mind that you are playing as part of a team, not as an individual. Role-revealing would be bad for the town, regardless of whether you are lying, especially on the back of Eidolonic's MattSilver claim. People, keep your roles in your pants. Don't make the jwlk's job easy.

Since Zennith is so insistent that he'll die either way:

Asylum Kill: Zennith

Moridin, don't forget your duty if we incarcerate him instead.

11. Zennith

High Score:
    Question though - does it ACTUALLY matter either way? Since technically you'll learn my role either way then?

---------- Post automerged at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

And really, I'm just annoyed at people being stupid enough to just vote to kill because they can despite the fact that there's plenty of info to be gained by incarcerating me for a night instead.

12. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Menace, I was saying that Eido's plan at the time that had suggestions as to roles was a bad idea because we don't want to help the Warlock and Thrall.

Of course killing Zennith for his role is a good idea... not sure why you would think it's a bad thing. Obviously if he's town it's bad to kill him, but there's nothing bad about his role being public if the Warlock can't use it.

13. Striker

Yeah, it really does matter. In one scenario, we gain knowledge of your role and that's that. In the second one, we gain knowledge of your role and the Jwlk gets another fucking life.

And really, we're gonna get a helluva lot more info from killing you and finding out your role than leaving you in and risking jailbreak shenanigans or whatever else when we can get it over with today. Like Zeit said, if you really are town, you're playing for a team. You know whether or not we're making a mistake, but we can't be as sure.

14. Zennith

High Score:
    Well, I know you're making a mistake, that much is true. And if I were jailbreaked, you'd know quite a bit anyway. Good lord, I'm a useful role, and its gonna be LESS useful for the town to have me gone. If you wait a night, you learn a lot more WITHOUT losing the chance to kill me.

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone who honestly thinks Zennith could be scum needs to learn to read.

16. Zennith

High Score:
    Because if you decide you must you can just kill me tomorrow.

17. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    guys I fucked up by accident and such.

there was an Aekiel announcement yesterday.

Aekiel says:

Why is -ASHAYA- still alive?

18. Zennith

High Score:
    I don't understand.

19. Striker

It's their role.

20. Zennith

High Score: