1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

DLPhunt2 - More Suckers, Less Stars

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lungs, Jun 2, 2012.

1. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

Sorry for that derp. I haven't had much sleep lately due to some drama in another online game. I can understand why you'd think that'd be scummy. If you have any questions I can ask so you can get a better read on me before I'm lynched, I can do that for you, though you might need to give me an hour. I had coffee to wake myself up and coffee makes me even more jittery. Fingers are literally twitching as I type this...

I thought we determined that the Kaibots were better used to take down scum? Since it is a risky protection, better to find someone scummy, and try to eat up an NK I think. And I guess it's possible that the castiel has their extra life, but somehow, I just don't like the odds. We've only had 2 nights.

I do agree that one of the people who survived the lynches is the jwlk. Just considering the odds of having someone kaibot'ed or the Castiel finding themselves out/Uncle checking them.

2. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

So, okay, I'm gonna assume for a moment that the Uncle wasn't super lucky day one and didn't check the Castiel. If that's the case, there are only a few possible roles Zennith and Kalas could have had, which have already been pointed out. One town, two scum, and one which could be any (KaiBOT).

Now, unless we have really bad luck and Kalas was a town!BOT and Zennith was the Mishie, one of them has to be scum, if not both. I know, I know, I'm restating the obvious, but I'd like to have some justification for my next vote.

Asylum Kill: Zennith

Even though I'm leaning towards you being town, we can't afford to feed the Jwlk an extra life later on in the game. And if you are the Jwlk... well.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Look. This needs to be said.

ZENNITH IS NOT IN THE ASYLUM.

He got released after surviving the lynch.

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

hm, I think its a little TOO derpy obvious for AR to be part of the third party, I doubt even he'd make his first post something like that. But, if he's what we're going for its better than a random lynch I guess, but we have a long day lets pursue other options.

Did Zennith claim jwlk? You bastard. :(

Bill Door, what is your opinion on Zeit?

Zeit, your post is weird, bro.

Okay I'm out, won't be on a computer till late.

5. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Uh, where did I claim that?

6. Striker

Well that's a pain in the dick. Didn't even see it in the flavor post.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Zennith, then. I still stand by my reasoning and all that jazz.

7. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

That makes.... No sense.

. Lynch vote: Menace

8. Striker

What doesn't make sense? The fact that regardless of whether or not he's in the Asylum there's just a bit less than a 50/50 chance of Zennith being scum, or the fact that if he's not scum the town roles he could be would have been rendered vanilla regardless?

After the events of the previous DLPhunt and Pokemafia over at GOD, I'm feeling just a bit wary of the Jwlk. He's not nearly as bad as he was in Pokemafia, apparently, but he's still a major annoyance and one I'd rather not give any leverage. Plus, I really don't have any other reads at this point, except for you maybe.

Yeah, yeah, pointing fingers right back at people is bad, but I haven't liked any of your posts at all so far. I can understand having irl stuff to deal with, but the fact remains that none of your posts have had any meat to them at all so far. Not compared to the previous games I've been with you in, anyway.

9. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

And in how many of those games was he scum, Menace? :p

But uh. Considering the Jwlk can't be lynched yet, and he doesn't have any bonus lives to strip away, why are you lynching him?

He can't be the Palindrome, because he survived an Asylum kill. So he's either the Castiel that figured his shit out really early in the game (unlikely), or the Mishie (possible, but also unlikely).

Kalas was my guess to be the Palindrome, but it makes no sense for the Vira not to redirect the Moridin kill, if he was. Unless I'm not understanding the mechanics there. Maybe he was written off as a lost cause and they didn't want to confirm him, and let us analyze confirmed interactions. Whatever.

But it means that Kalas was pretty likely the Mishie, if he wasn't the Palindrome? Since I just don't see the Castiel really being a thing this early in the game. Which... makes Zennith the Jwlk?

And the Jwlk can't be lynched.

So, uh. It's a bad place to have your vote.

Good places for your vote are probably AngelRick, Vira, maybe Sancro.

10. Zennith

High Score:
    Welp, here's the thing. If we agree that Kalas or I MUST be the Jwlk, considering people's logic and all, then we know quite a bit.

For one, I'm not Jwlk. That should make it pretty obvious who I am. I essentially revealed it earlier without actually saying it, mainly because I wasn't sure if I would survive the asylum kill as the rules aren't that clear. Since I know that, I also know another thing.

Kalas must be the Jwlk.

Eid is randomly saying that Kalas was pretty likely the Mishie. Why? Why is it UNLIKELY that I was the Mishie and possible/probable that Kalas was? You offer no real reason for this, which makes me really, really skeptical. I know Kalas is likely Jwlk since I'm not. Does that make you, Eidolonic, our Eidolonic?

I think it might.

11. Striker

I dunno. I'm not as sure about Kalas not being scum as you are, I guess. I'm also not as sold on Zennith not being a vanilla town waiting to be snapped up. I got a lot of town vibes from him yesterday, and I kinda doubt he's the Jwlk.

Ah well. I'll switch my vote later on if it becomes necessary, but I'm getting some serious Pokemafia flashbacks. Though maybe that's what you want. Wouldn't put it past you to roll the same thing twice in a row again.

12. Eidolonic

Kalas can't be the fucking Jwlk. He /died/ and was the first person to die, jesus christ.

Kalas /could/ be the Palindrome, but that would mean the his scum team left him die to the Moridin kill when they could have redirect it.

Since that is unlikely, Kalas was likely the Mishie.

You're being stupid, Menace. If Zennith is scum, he can't be lynched.

If he's not scum, that means he's town, and you want to lynch him why?

Think, people.

---------- Post automerged at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

And you're being even stupider. I survived a night kill, and claimed MattSilver, with every single person alive. It's 100% impossible for me to be anything other than MattSilver or the Jwlk, mechanically. There is nothing else I can be besides those two roles.

13. Zennith

High Score:
    Meh. Its late and I'm tired. All I know is that I'm not the Jwlk, so whatever info that gets us is gravy.

14. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

none, because you are the jwlk!

15. Eidolonic

Really, it doesn't matter. We're just going to 100% ignore everything you say for the time being, and not do anything to or about you.

If you are town, then you'll get eaten by the Jwlk when it reveals.

If you are the Jwlk, then we can't lynch you yet regardless.

You are meaningless for the moment, until you start gaining lives, if you are the Jwlk. And if you are /not/ the Jwlk then... you're also kind of meaningless, and will die when it reveals, a day or two after I die, pending asylum things.

Project for everyone.

Go look at Vira's posts, and then go look for things she thumbs up'd in the thread.

Report back with your thoughts.

16. Striker

I never insinuated Kalas was the Jwlk, Eidolonic. I'm not fucking stupid. I realize that Kalas couldn't have been the Jwlk, but I'm saying I'm not 100% sure that he was the Mishie, as you seem to be. There are a lot of roles he could have been. I discounted it earlier, but he could have even been the Castiel.

You're probably right in saying that it's wasteful to lynch Zennith today, but like I said, I'm Oblat paranoid like woah. I wanna be absolutely sure.

17. Eidolonic

There is a zero percent chance that we kill scum by lynching Zennith today.

He's one of the worst lynches possible.

18. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

My brain... Menace, you're being exceedingly stupid. So is Zennith. Jwlk cannot be killed if his thrall is alive, except by Fen. KALAS COULD NOT BE JWLK.

Eido, redirecting a Moridin kill implies that there is someone else to redirect it to, which there wasn't... so :l. Maybe even if Kalas was the Palindrome, there was no one to redirect it too.

Zennith being Jwlk doesn't make sense, because he would have killed someone who was firmed..... *cough eido cough*

Why I voted you Menace, you said that you wanted to kill the only 2 roles that cannot be killed, hence why you were voting Zennith. THat makes no sense, so you're either the Eidolonic to his jwlk, or some other scum to his Palindrome? (Is Palindrome using its powers if its in the asylum, since its just a passive power? Lungs? inquiring minds want to know.)

I guess i'll post reads now. Anyone specific you guys want (except vira)? Or should I just do everyone

19. Striker

I guess I worded my last post wrong. Maybe this'll clear up the confusion:

Rescind Deadline Lynch Vote: Zennith

Also, I never said I wanted to kill the two roles that couldn't be killed, Jwlk. I don't really know what you're talking about there. What I was saying was that the odds were in favor of Zennith being either the Palindrome, which would have lost its one layer of OTP protection the day before, or a town role which would have likewise lost it's extra life and been nothing more than Jwlk-fodder.

And since you seem to be agreeing with me that he's not the Jwlk, I really don't know what you meant by that.

20. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Protection doesn't work like that, Menace. Extra lives can be used up, protection can't.