1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt 2

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ok, Menace, I'd say Coven is Custer, Castiel, and Ash, although . Town reads are way shaky though this game.

Aek (I hope), Stojil, and Lungs.

Deadline Lynch Vote Custer

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

ollie, i had a question for you too

3. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

What Stojil? I just woke up, whatchu smokin', foo'?

---------- Post automerged at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

To clarify: why do you need to vote for me for Vigilante info? o_O

4. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

The Vigilante activates after two mislynches. There have been two lynches. Unless the Vigilante was jwlk or soundlyParanoid (hence dead), 1 between jwlk and Kalas (who can't be the Vigilante) was scum (theoretically they both could be scum, but considering their day 1, it's obviously an either/or situation).

Kalas voted for his own lynch. While not a townfirming action, it does put him lower than jwlk on my scum list.

All this to say that I think jwlk was scum. I thought so on day 1, too. The post I linked when I voted for you explains why I'm voting for you considering your link to him.

5. KaiDASH

ash i asked you a question too

6. Ash

KaiDASH: I do not think it is possible for Kalas to be scum.

---------- Post automerged at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Namely, because he voted for himself. If he was scum, I'd say that Dovaekiin and Stojil were his scumbuddies, bussing him to prove their townness. Stupid plan though.

So that said, Kalas was town.

And I think that jwlk/KaiDASH/Lungs might be the scum team.

I still think Kai is scum, and other people have mentioned thinking so as well, so

Deadline lynch vote: KaiDASH

7. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Come on, fuckers! Nobody died last night! This is no time to be solemn and quiet- CELEBRATE!

Lungs, Zennith, Gambit! Answer Kai's question, please and thank you.

Aekiel: Answer Kai's question and give us your thoughts on recent events. Updated coven and town reads if such things have changed are much appreciated!

KaiDASH: Your thoughts as well on current events. Also, in a world where Jwlk is scum and Custer is town, who is scum, and vice versa?

Custer: Hit me with your three scumspects, an answer to Kai's question, and a couple town reads. Castiel does have a point, you should be caught up enough to throw a couple reads together. Feel free to pursue your scumspects with some questions of your own.

Let's get this going, people. Chop chop.

8. KaiDASH

Livelist: 10 people

Ash (posted)
    Castiel (posted)
    Dovaekiin
    Gambit (posted)
    Kai (posted)
    Lungs
    Menace (posted)
    Uncle Stojil (posted)
    Vira/custer
    Zennith

Out of this 10, Aekiel, Lungs, Custer and Zennith have not yet posted today, almost halfway into day.

Requesting day pause/extension while you sort this out eido.

9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've been busy over the last couple of days, haven't had the time or concentration to play. I'm back now, though the UK meet up is going to lower my ability to do much over today and tomorrow.

Gimme an hour to get my stuff packed and some food in me, then I'll post some more.

---------- Post automerged at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

The nightkill attempt is interesting as it suggests that either the Vigilante is dead, that he found Menace to be scummy enough to kill or that one of Jwlk/Kalas were scum. I honestly don't think the latter is correct, but I'm prepared to admit that I may be wrong.

So the way I see it the choices are between Vigilante choosing the same person as scum to kill or that the Vigilante is dead.

In the first scenario we have the problem of pinpointing why exactly the Vigilante would pick Menace. Hell, he's been one of the most pro-town players this game so I'm in much the same quandary as I was after Jwlk got a gavel to the forehead in that I don't know why they'd pick Menace of all people when there were tons of scummier people out there.

In the second scenario the Vigilante had to be one of Jwlk or soundlyParanoid, because I refuse to believe anyone could be so stupid as to lynch themselves when they have such a powerful role. Hell, I was against lynching Kalas in the first place, especially after he all but confirmed that he wasn't the Leeroy/DOB.

As a personal message to Kalas for this blinding bout of retardation I have one thing to say: You Are An Idiot.

That said he could actually have been scum pulling a bluff the size of Mount Rushmore, but I really, truly, honestly cannot actually believe that any scum would go down the way he did. I mean, he basically restarted the bandwagon on himself after having saved himself through a very risky gambit.

As it is I think the Vigilante is dead, with the outside chance of Jwlk having been scum as a distant second.

Quoting again because I totally went off on a tangent there.

Menace looks like town to me. The nightkill attempt and his survival (without an announcement that the witches tried to soup somebody and failed) means that the witches must have either not tried to kill anyone (hands up if you think that's likely) or targeted Menace. Since there are no survivalist type roles in this game, Menace must have been protected by the Angels too. Good job on picking the right person to protect.

That puts him pretty damn firmly in the town camp for me, so I'm now considering him confirmed town in all my reads. Not that that's particularly changed much. I had him down as likely town pretty early on.

Unfortunately, I'd been working basically under the assumption that you were town, so this doesn't really impact my scum reads too much.

Anyway, here's my current readwall:

Menace - See above.
    Uncle Stojil - Has posted well and without much in the way of scumreads, and a whole bunch of townreads on top of that.

Gambit - Not so much a town read as a more-than-null read.

KaiDASH - Could be scum, could be town. I'm not leaning any particular way at this point, but his readwalls and posts haven't put up much in the way of scumreads lately. Not compared to day one at least.
    Castiel - The most I've got from his posts is that he doesn't like KaiDASH overly much, with Vira taking a second place in his scumreads. The latter is enough to boost him from orange territory, but not enough to put him in green.

Lungs - His posts are damn weird with a heaping of scumreads on top. I didn't like the way he was playing on day one, and while he has improved slightly since then I still have him as a pretty hard scumread.
    Zennith - Not quite a full scum read, but his defence of himself then his descent into lurkerdom (as well as the original reason I suspected him) puts him pretty heavily in scum territory.

Ashaya - She's still resistant to being read, but there's something about her posts that just set me off. The link between her and Vira very much part of my reasoning for having her in my scum reads too. I consider these two part of a pair at this point.
    Vira/Custer - Vira set off my scumdar like she was a thermoscumular nuke and Custer hasn't done anything to offset that.

So given that magnificent colour coordinated readwall, I'll go for my best scum read.

Deadline Lynch Vote: Custer

---------- Post automerged at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Bit of warning, I'm off to Glasgow in half an hour. Probably won't be posting much, and if I do it won't be to the extent of this readwall since I'll be doing it by phone.

10. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Rescind Deadline Lynch Vote

Deadline Lynch Vote: Custer

The lurkers are killing the game and my interest in it. You should all die.

11. Ash

Ugh, so little new posts. I'm going to attempt to make my vote count for something, I guess....

rescind vote
    Deadline lynch vote: Custer

12. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Noted.

I'll PM out prods and probably issue an extension this evening at some point, as well as do Votals - can't right this second though.

13. Striker

Well damn. There's a difference between getting caught up and hard lurking.

Rescind Lynch Vote

Lynch Vote: Custer

14. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Ash, Gambit, Menace, Aekiel, Stojil and me - we have 6 votes. 10 people are alive.

Custer, convince us you are not scum.

And I am off to sleep.

15. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Lynch Votals
    Custer: (1+6) Castiel, Gambit, Dovaekiin+Lump, Uncle Stojil, Ash, Menace

Abstaining: Custer, KaiDASH, Lungs, Zennith

Bold indicates Deadline Vote. With 11 votes possible, it is 6 to lynch.

This should be up to date as of post #294

Also.

There has been a 24 hour extension, and I have prodded the inactive people via PM. If there is no response in a reasonable time frame, replacements will happen.

48 Hours until Day Two Ends.

16. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sorry guys I forgot this existed because IRL stuff and I just got a minecraft account >_>

Oops.

Not sure if either are good options because one is unreadable and the other is hard lurk, but i'm leaning towards a custer/vira lynch because it seems that one lurker -> another lurker = wtf and all.

I must say that I haven't read like, the last 20 or so posts, though, which I'm going to do now, but I think it's a good time to go ahead and do that, and hopefully I have a better contribution than "oh we should lynch a lurker just because"

---------- Post automerged at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Okay, ash is looking a lot better today.

if i were scum I would hit kai, myself, or Aekiel and I don't know why menace was hit and I'm going to assume he seemed to be a neutral target.

which sort of begs the question - of all the people, who might be neutral targets for scum; but in asking this question, scum might just decide to hit someone who's more scummy or more towny to pour wine and shit.

honestly what, i don't understand why kai is still alive in a world in which he's not scum because he's been participating lately and generally that means that he's going to help us out.

but in a world in which kai is scum I think that he might be scum with zennith just due to the way that the posts read.

I don't know why I'm aggroing on zennith so hard these feel days but I really don't feel good about him. I don't even remember why anymore, which is bad and which means I have to reread the whole thread. :\

Fuck.

Thanks for the extension, eido. I'm sorry for not participating.

17. Striker

I've spent the last few minutes trying to figure out this post and have come up blank. The three people you'd target as scum (which is a fucking stupid thing to post in this thread anyway) didn't make much sense to me besides Aekiel, so I went back over your posts as well as Kai's.

Kai has been doing better since Day One, sure, but not nearly enough to warrant the praise you've been heaping on him. He's been throwing out plenty of questions but hasn't actually posted any of his own reads since his spiel against Kalas. Question-walls only do so much as opposed to actual one-on-one scumhunting. He also has yet to answer my question.

You, on the other hand, haven't done anything but spew mechanical bullshit and fill the thread up with banter and flippant lynch votes. I was honestly surprised how little you've contributed despite having the second highest post count in the thread.

As it stands, Aekiel is still the only person on your ill-advised list that I could actually understand. The only way I can think to justify you and Kai is meta, which is fucking terrible and shouldn't be your core reasoning for anything important.

The fact that you seem so surprised by my being targeted is also kinda weird. I'm not saying I'm the obvious target and the towniest town to ever town or anything like that, but I've been doing more than certain people in this thread (COUGHGAMBITCOUGH), so I don't see a kill attempt on me as being completely out of left field.

Back to the contents of your post- you go on to praise Kai even more, and basically say that scum should kill him because he's the best and they should be scared and mmm work that shaft. I mean really. You've been townfirming Kai all game long. It literally took one post from him for you to rescind your lynch vote against him when we were piling on him. You're giving him way too much credit based on meta, man.

The Zennith bit is whatever. I've got a light town read on him, but eh. The previous bits are what really struck me as off, and what prompted me to go back and read through your posts. Which is, consequently, what rocketed you to the top of my scum list.

Lynch Vote: Lungs

TL;DR: Lungs is scum. Burn the witch!

18. KaiDASH

Sorry, I'm sick today so I haven't been up to much.

ANYWAY,

Town Tier List!

Super town
    KaiDASH

Pretty Town
    Menace

Average Town
    Stojil
    Aekiel
    Gambit

WHAT ARE YOU?
    Zennith
    Ashaya

Average Scum
    Castiel - pending on Custer

Pretty Scum
    Custer
    Lungs

If Custer is scum then Castiel is probably innocent, unless huge turbo-bus.

Similarly, Ashaya is more likely to be scum if Custer is.

Lungs has been buddying me super hard all game when he has had 0 legitimate reason to imo. Also this:

(then later)

I think Stojil and Aekiel are more likely to be town due to things. However, I do feel that there is likely to be scum outside of my scumreads, due to the horrendous day 1 and general lack of people doing stuff.

@Menace: Castiel looks way worse in Custer town world, as does Aekiel. However, I think that jwlk probably wasn't scum (not that that changes much, since NOBODY FUCKING VOTED ON DAY ONE, THANKS JUDGE PLAN)

lynch lungs

19. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm on board for sure with lynching Custer/Vira, I did think Vira was lightly scum early on, and again, we need to get a vote done, so I feel okay about it.

Deadline Lynch: Custer

20. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

In the past 100 posts, you have made the following 5 posts.

I am by no means calling you scum. I am just saying that post some more content.

Your personal thoughts on what makes Custer scum. Quote a post or two.

Your thoughts on the two votes cast against Lungs in the posts above you?

If you have time, post a read-wall on everyone alive.

Also, still waiting for others to check in. I am assuming the game to be paused unless all of them check in.

I actually did consider Lungs could be scum but that would have been Kalas-Lungs-Menace scumteam. (obvious reasons) Well, Menace's most recent post throws it all out of the window.

Everyone who posts now, post your thoughts on Lungs and Custer lynches individually.

Thanks you.

---------- Post automerged at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

ebwop: Also, post your thoughts on Kalas lynch.