1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Mar 18, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Soraka was infinitely less important than Kog/Lulu in that line up. And once again, 'gimmick' implies a limited window of opportunity to take advantage of disproportionate amount of power. Soraka excels 1v1 mid but becomes extremely weak after that.

Ezreal has that same power with his low level ganks, but having another AD carry late game isn't a hindrance like giving away 1/3rd of your team's farm to a support character. Yes, it can be a hindrance if you don't have the team to support it, but lots of compositions could take advantage of it, not just that one tournament that one time in those few games where Soraka got to play Robin to Dignitas' Batman. Except she wasn't even Robin.

She was that fat detective Harvey Bullock. He had a few lines, but ultimately had very little to do with anything in the episode.
    http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/3/30/Harvey_Bullock_(DCAU).jpg

2. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

I wasn't trying to advocate her use, you really don't need to tell me how you all feel again. I was just making a tongue in cheek observation about what happened last time. Was I supposed to put smileys everywhere? I sometimes forget non-Brits don't appreciate dry humour.

- Troll build posted on DLP
    - DLP shits all over troll build, calls it useless
    - Pro team uses troll build in a major tournament and does well with it
    - Troll build banned against that team for the rest of the tournament and swiftly nerfed afterwards

¯\(°_o)/¯

3. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Sorry you just seemed so stuck on a point that I thought I had put to rest twice already.

I wasn't sure if you got that although Soraka-mid was played that one time in that one tournament, she wasn't the star of the show. She was one of the kids dressed as a tree.

And soraka wasn't nerfed because of that one tournament that one time, she was nerfed because she broke most of zileas' 'antifun' rules. She had no counterplay for regular champs, had few counterpicks, and forced you to play passively. It didn't make her strong, it just made the game boring for both mid players.

And I thought my batman picture was humorous.

4. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That design philosophy is bull anyway. You know what is never fun? Getting hooked into an enemy team. What's the "counterpick" to Blitz? Morgana?

5. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Yes, you can also stop his grabs with zyra plants, heimer turrets, and maybe shaco boxes. But beyond that, you can counterplay blitz quite easily by juking, standing behind minions, or playing passively whenever he tries to go aggressive. But while possible, it's not a sure thing or even an easy thing for blitz to control the lane in the way AP soraka could force you into doing nothing mid.

In other news, what is azubu blaze?

edit: hahaahahaha "Scumbag Oddone steals the quadra from Chaox"
    Brilliant casting, so glad they don't have those useless fucks redbaron/hatperson

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  6. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Azubu Blaze are (I believe) the favourites to win the OGN championships in Korea now that they're into the top 8. I believe they beat Azubu Frost in the last OGN season for the title too, their AD carry Capt Jack has died once thus far in OGN with something like 19 kills to his name.

So I heard on stream last night, I remember watching OGN season 1 finals and it seems they're on their way again.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  7. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Didn't they re-enable blocking blitz grabs with wards?

8. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Nope.

Yorick ghouls also block blitz grabs.

You have no idea how much fun it is for a Zyra/Yorick duo to fight a Blitz/Ez duo.

ALL YOUR SKILLS ARE NOW USELESS!

9. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Not as much fun as Yorick/Zilean, I'm sure. Suicide bomber ghouls are OP.

10. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    NUNU so Powaa!!! xD!

So, let me tell you a story. A story of an angry Vayne, her partner Janna, and a Nunu that could not be stopped.

So, I queue into a random normal, right? And call mid. But when I select nunu this Vayne starts RAGING. I mean, seriously. Telling brand to go mid (brand goes top instead, rapes teemo, which was hilarious), but Vayne and Janna have some super-fancy shmancy Pro-Esque name with a 'Team' callsign before it. So, when I don't listen to them at all and mute them before the minions even spawn.. they just start feeding in rage. They feed kayle/mf bottom, they feed akali mid, they do their best to feed gp and teemo top..

But I'm absolutely dominating Mid. Akali has no awnser for my sustain, the huge damage my ice balls do and how tanky I am. She can't burst me, she can't poke me, and my poke is much better than hers. Even with vayne and janna feeding mid I end up winning lane and taking the tower before ten minutes.

Our Sejuani was a beast. Great tanking, chasing, and blocking for Brand or I when we got low. Her + Me = Infinite Slows, add in Brand and we had enough CC to carry two feeders who ended the game with 20+ deaths to victory. Their poor MF was raging so hard. She was actually fairly good, but her team dragged her down despite an initial ten to fifteen kill lead. She raged all game, it was pretty hilarious.

20/4/14 Nunu. Absolutely unstoppable except when their entire team focused me. My ult could kill everyone on their team by endgame. Fully built Nunu does over 4k with his ult.

It's RIDICULOUS.

Honestly, Nunu is either OP or just VERY STRONK right now. He's got great sustain, good harass, he's tanky, he's mobile, he does huge damage, and his main poke is also fairly good soft-cc. I honestly don't know why he's not FOTM right now, but I predict he will be soon once people realize how very, very powerful and useful he is.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  11. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Nunu is REALLY fun to play. Landing a full channel Absolute Zero is the most satisfying feeling in the entire game. The main reason he isn't FOTM is crowd control.

Basically, you got really, really lucky having nobody that can interrupt Absolute Zero. One stun, silence, taunt, knockup, knockback, suppression or polymorph on the enemy team - and a player who knows to use it - and you're reduced to punching people and tossing out mediocre snowballs every few seconds.

12. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah. Just had to go up against a fed xin and irelia. Completely shut down. Of course this was aided by the fact that they also had TF, Zyra and Xerath.

Entire Team has hard CC = poor sad nunu.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  13. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Because people are retarded and use him as bot support.

Just like that enemy Shen last game, who stacked armor vs Jayce (Me) when I've been spamming my magic damage execute to chunk his HP.

---------- Post automerged at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

[​IMG]

This picture hopefully illustrates the point of the game.

It is to KILL THE NEXUS BY ANY MEANS. It is not to shit on the enemy via team fights or gear stack.

14. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

That game lasted so long, that really any advantage will be rendered negligible. Besides the support who keeps a spot for wards, everyone has a full build. Sad day though for a team that ahead to not be able to finish it.

15. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Yep, at 1:06, all it takes is one guy getting out of position one time to lose the game. Only four players actually take any noticeable damage from turrets at that point, turrets themselves can be killed in like 4 seconds flat, and the difference between a 27k build and an 18k build is negligible.

16. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Anyone seeing a difference in metaplay since MLG?

17. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    To be fair, he makes an awesome bot support. His blood boil and the slow almost guarantee kills, if the AD carry is halfway decent.

18. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Upcoming Zyra changes.

There's a lot of stuff there. Yay for proper communication from Riot!

19. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Probably one of the few nerfs I actually agree with, and that Riot provided a nice in depth reasoning. The only part I honestly dislike is the MS nerf, if only because playing slow champions is so annoying. Tbh, while the damage changes hurt, she won't suffer much changes as long as she still builds Deathcap and ignore Rylais. The decrease damage to 50% may hurt though, but I have to see how much that 25% matter before I comment on it. Nonetheless, the MS nerf means far less zone control (harder to auto attack/cause plants to hit target). Despite her snare, Zyra really has no escape and dies pretty much instantly. She is NOT Anivia with her troll egg, and Anivia has FAR more ways to slow/stun/wall targets. 310 ms was not even fast to begin with, and 300 is even worse. But, I guess that's what intended

20. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Diana is a lot of fun and her kit is very well put together. I love her ult, but at the same time it doesn't really fit.

Her Q is an AoE nuke, her W is a shield that deals AoE damage, her passive is a very weak cleave early but scales very nicely, and her E is an orianna ult that works so well together with her Q/W/Passive.

Her ult just doesn't fit with the other spells as well as it could imo. I'd have preferred an aoe initiate to get her in range with some aoe damage to pull them in for the rest of her abilities.

We have enough AP assassins, I want some more AP tanks.

As is, she's a very strong pubstomp like akali, but with a stronger 1-5 vs ranged. I was able to keep up with malz push extremely easily. It wasn't sion/gragas insta clear, but it was very quick. Q/W cleared everything early on. On top of that you can cs from range using Q vs difficult lanes. Her mobility is amazing, and her ult actually has a 7.5 sec cd or something with CDR. I think she is a very strong mid, not sure about her top capabilities. Her jungling -should- be very strong, since she can essentially aoe clear like malphite and gank like akali , but both of the junglers I've played against seem to be very weak.

Also, you can steal wraiths on the enemy side by taking shield first, which puts you nicely ahead and leaves the enemy jungler at a disadvantage.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
Not open for further replies.