1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Wait. Are you attacking Vesvius for his Batman avatar? I mean, if he changed it for this game alone it would be one thing, but hasn't he had it forever? Now you Stojil, switching to a Joker avatar for the game alone may or may not mean something.

And yeah, my natural inclination would be to attack Doctor Whooves, but he is new. Although, I'm definitely keeping the wording of his first post in the back of my mind.

2. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

If we play this off of meta then I'd be interested in poking Dovaekiin. Whenever he's town, he's so town it hurts. Barring any RL stuff he's got going on, I haven't heard too much from him. I usually see him leading or at least being very vocal when town.

3. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Yeah, it does seem a bit unfair to pick on Vesvius for his avatar.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

It was a joke. The point was to see how people responded and generate discussion. I seriously doubt that Stojil actual wants to lynch Vesvius for his avatar.

---------- Post automerged at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

*actually
    /10char

5. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

It all starts back when my parents were brutally slaughtered in an alley....

But anyway, maybe my mafia skills have gotten rusty, but it seems that we are at that point where everyone is too scared to say anything because they feel that if they look like they're taking control of the conversation they will be lynched. So looks like the onus falls to me.

Everyone, who are you most scared of in this game? For me, it's Ash because she's got the most experience. And Irene, even though she's not playing, because... well, Irene.

6. Kensington

Irene still gives me the willies at her eerie mafia skills.

Of the players who are actually playing? Stojil. I recall that not only can he ferret out those who are villains, but can play innocent as well.

A more interesting question though would be, how many factions are there in this game? 2 or 3?

7. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Well, if we think of this in terms of the Batman universe, we've got the villains as townies, with a small possibility of some of the crazier ones being in a 'serial killer' role. Then, there's Batman, Catwoman, etc. playing scum.

Who would another faction be made up of, in universe?

---------- Post automerged at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Oh yeah, and Stojil would scare the crap out of me if I were scum.

8. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

I wouldn't be thinking of judging if there is a 3rd faction based on if we can think of proper flavour for it. I mean last time with Harry Potter, Voldemort was working against the Death Eaters for a third faction.

9. fontisian

Considering that the scum were all given fake aliases last time, I would be hesitant to take any roleclaim at face value, unless there’s mechanical proof.

10. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    so checking in and stuff, not much has happened, and there's no one to lunch on yet. Sure Stojil has that annoying avatar, and I'm still not letting go of using Lunch as lynch but honestly neither is enough yet.

11. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Maybe a dumb question, but what is Lunch as lynch?

12. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

Actually, I'd like to know this as well.

13. Kensington

It's obviously where Ollie waits until his hunger reaches critical mass and decides to lynch the person whose name he associates the most with food.

I actually have no clue and am also curious now as to what a Lunch as lynch is.

14. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Played drunk while eating sandwiches once, repeatedly said lunch. I now usually say lunch, but that other method sounds good too XD

15. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

From above and a comparison with Mini-Mafia #1, I'd say there are three teams, Town, Scum (Bat+Buddies), and Neutral(Joker).

I should probably not rely on info from other games but for now we don't have anything else to work on.

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, awake time now, without Mistborn (it's a great book).

Haven't picked up on anything particularly damning so far; everyone's being cautious enough that they're not letting any scum slips go. Natural wariness of Stojil aside, I've got nothing.

That said, Doctor Whooves. Why defend Vesvius so early?

17. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Looking back at Kai's hidden setup, the boxvote was really a neat idea. It prompted everyone to actively campaign if they wanted a chance of getting it, which meant lots of posts and lots of stuff to read. That's trying to get positive attention, as opposed to just avoiding negative attention, since no one knows anything.

Anyway, everyone posted at least once ... hmm. @Fontisian -- haven't seen you around so far. Have you played before?

18. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I don't think I could lynch Sesc, if we are going by avatars.

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Guys, if we keep this up, today's lynch is going to be even more random than "normal" Day 1 lynches, and not very informative either, aside for the eventual roleflip. We could really use some wagons, but if we have nothing to go on... we need discussion.

Ash, how would you decide your lynch-vote if no one scum-slipped or gave you bad vibes?

Talk to us, then. What are you excited about? What are you looking forward to? What are your impressions so far?

---------- Post automerged at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

I had not refreshed before posting. This:

has nothing to do with this:

20. fontisian

The previous mini mafia game was my first one on the site, so I'm pretty new.