1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Are you actually for real, Gambit? I'm not saying you should be lynched (although I might in a minute), I'm saying that I bloody want some reasoning for why I should be lynched.

Is it really so difficult to understand?

2. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

I think what Gambit and Ash are trying to say is, even if you aren't scum, we'll learn a lot about the bandwagon assuming we do in fact lynch you.

At this point, I think you're just flailing town that doesn't want to die day one. If you were scum, throwing accusations around as scum doesn't help you too much; it only strengthens the case against you.

Interestingly though, you have not provided any alternatives to the lynch really. If you're actually town, you would be scum hunting; might as well help out town any way you can.

3. Doctor Whooves

You want a scum target? Well, if Gambit doesn't come up with a reason in the next hour or so for voting for me, then I'm going to be pointing a big, comedy-sized finger directly at him.

Why? Well, just look at the point he chose to vote for me. He was the third person to join in - not so early that he would be blamed if I were lynched and proved town, like the bandwagon starter would be, and not so late that he could be accused of 'jumping on the wagon'. No, if this were to have escalated into a full-fledged movement against me, he'd have joined at precisely the right moment to make a difference, whilst remaining away from scrutiny.

Now, this by itself isn't really a damning conclusion. After all, he could be honestly trying to fight against scum in his own, bumbling way. However, the manner in which he attempted to make the lynch...

No justifications, no reasoning, not even an 'I agree with Stojil' - just 'Meh, can't be bothered to actually think; I'll just go for Whooves!'.

And then, when I call him out on it, he replies with the most obvious, patronising thing he could think of: 'a no lynch is bad guyzzzz!!!'. Yes, I get that thank you - not that it answers my question in any way, shape, or form, but there you go.

Once again, I ask him to clarify, to which he responds with a hearty 'Fuck You' and and the classic 'I know I'm town'.

I'm going to give him a little while to think up a reply, but until then:
    LYNCH: GAMBIT

4. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Lynch Votals
    Doctor Whooves (3): Rapscallion, Uncle Stojil, Gambit
    Fontisian (1): Kensington
    Gambit (1): Doctor Whooves

Abstaining (8 ): AngelRick, Ash, Castiel, Dovaekiin, Fontisian, LochNess, Sesc, Vesvius

With 13 alive, it is 7 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch.

24 hours remain in Day One!

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Finally finished The Final Empire. I can play this game now.

First off, I think Whooves is town. Newbie town. Flailing town. But still town. He reminds me of pretty much every newbie town we've tried to lynch on the first day and I don't like the bandwagon that's started up against him. Rapscallion has pinged once or twice on my radar. This post especially got me.

It's the part where he mentions Kensington that stands out; it reads to me as though he expected Whooves to respond, and had planned for it. Potential link between Kens and Rapscallion, though a tenuous one. I'd say lynch Rapscallion as a means of determining whether there is a link between him and Kens. If he flips Mafia, we lynch Kens next. If not, I work on my guessing skills.

Lynch: Rapscallion.

6. Doctor Whooves

Think of it this way: I may be flailing wildly, but I'm also making a talking point.

7. Aekiel

High Score:
    Exactly why I asked you the question. Poke someone and see what happens: Mafia 101.

8. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I'm going to vote to lynch Gambit.

If you don't want to lynch him, or you want to lynch someone else, let's hear why. I don't think I need to go into why I'm voting for Gambit, just look at his posts. We have to start somewhere, and at least with him, if he isn't scum, we just lost a shitty town member, so it's not quite so bad.

As I said, if you disagree with my reasoning, speak the fuck up.

Until then

Lynch vote: Gambit

9. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Not gonna agree on the Whooves matter here. It feels like one of those early first day band wagons that always seem to end in town getting killed. I honestly don't think his post was suspicious at the beginning. Saw it as role playing and not scum blatantly going "Oh I hope the town dies." Not that he couldn't be scum, but so far, got no problem against him and just feel as if he got stuck in the spotlight so people are voting for him.

One person I do have a suspicious feeling about though is AngelRick. The first thing that caught my eye was when I asked Ollie a question and then he posted saying he also wanted to know. I felt like it was someone trying to up their post count and act as if they are adding something when in reality aren't adding any opinion or agreeing on an opinion, just adding fillers which won't help move the game forward.

I started going through his posts and I just feel like he is reiterating other's posts and trying to fill in content. AngeRick, You seem to have a problem at first with Whooves but don't throw a vote on him. (I think we need votes now because simply being suspicious of people won't get us anywhere.) Then you decide you think he is town and tell him he should be scum hunting if he is. If you think he's town, then maybe you should stop focusing on him and do some scum hunting yourself.

Just so far from your posts I feel off, and like I said, I don't think Whooves is town at this point so:

Lynch Vote: AngelRick

10. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Aekiel, I'm struggling to think of how, when my name is mentioned after Ash and Stojil you latch onto Raps namedrop of me. Your logic is lost upon me. From what I can interpret from your post, due to Raps expecting Dr. Whooves to respond, I'm obviously colluding with Raps?? Does not compute.

And Lochness, you raise an excellent point. Angelrick has posted with a relatively high frequency to some people (I'm looking at you Vesvius/Castiel), but his posts have said very little content-wise, which is suspicious.

I'm going to rescind my current vote, because fontisian has satisfied the primary reason I was suspicious of him when I voted for him earlier this round. I'll refrain from casting until tomorrow morning, to see if Angelrick has a satisfactory explanation for his hollow posts, and if Castiel/Vesvius will post some more.

Rescind Lynch

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

In regard to Whooves, I'm with Lochness. He seems more like flailing towny than anything else. Rapscallion's reasoning behind attacking Whooves is flawed, but not enough that I want to kill him today as I don't like to lynch new people on the first day. The link between Kens and Rapscallion is weak so even if Rapscallion flipped town, I wouldn't lynch Kens right away.

On AngelRick, I thought that his post was expressing genuine curiosity as I was also interested in Gambit's answer to the Lunch as lynch stuff. Looking over it again, it doesn't look like someone trying to up their post count to me. Angelrick is playing fairly cautiously, but I don't think he's particularly scummy.

So, for now I'm going to Lynch Vote: Gambit for his crappy posting so far. If he explains his reasoning or provides any reasoning for anything at all I might be willing to rescind.

---------- Post automerged at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

It's "her."

---------- Post automerged at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Ugh, I meant if Rapscallion flipped scum.

12. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Ah, my apologies. I never even thought to look at your gender. I had a 95% chance of being correct though.

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    It's the way he said it, more than anything else, which is as valid a means of scumhunting as any. It hinted that there was a plan involved, which implied collusion. Thus, link. Thus scum.

14. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

This.

The problems people seem to have are that his first post was a role-play and that he tried to divert attention when targeted, both understandable actions for a first time player.

Of course he could still be scum and then doing a poor job of defending himself but I really don't find anything more incriminating in his posts, so I will let this pass as well but still keep an eye on him.

Nevertheless, this bandwagon has at least opened some discussion so that's a good thing.

If I have to pick someone to lynch, I would go with Gambit for now, his posts have no info whatsoever. And by his own logic, after Doctor Whooves, he is the best choice for a lynch.

Lynch Vote: Gambit

15. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thought he was good because he had a couple votes and we need a lynch, I can go with lynching me but it won't be terribly useful in the long haul, I'd rather lynch a lurker... but is anyone even lurking that much?

Rescind Lynch

16. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Well, Vesvius has the fewest posts with a grand total of 2.

17. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ves are you going to pick up the pace? if you say you are then all good but if not then I"mma just point that lynch vote at you.

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I agree with those who say that Doctor Whooves looks like classic inexperienced town and that AngelRick is playing it way too safe. Also very out-of-character compared to his GOD games. AR, twice you asked others to voice/elaborate on their suspicions and scumhunt, while refraining to do it yourself. You should really rectify this.

I could get behind a Rapscallion lynch, although I doubt what Aekiel pointed out is a link with Kens. New scum is rarely "ballsy" enough to mention each other without very good reasons, like to defend, redirect the attention or scumbus.

I don't like the wagon on Gambit and how it formed, but I don't like Gambit's game. I remember him going "DON'T KILL ME, GUYS! I'M TOWN!" style in both Star Wars III (vanilla) and WH 2 (Nun?), so his sort-of-resigned and at the same time sort-of-jumpy attitude makes me wary. But I want to see more of this, I think.

:colbert: We're waiting, Vesvius.

Rescind Vote
    Lynch: Vesvius

Back to my original vote, definitely more earned this time, though. He simply jumped in when the game was still barely active, threw out a meta-question and then disappeared. It's not gonna do it for me. Also, I'm very fond of the lynch-a-lurker strategy, at least more than lynch-a-derp one. Derps are by far more useful.

19. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Lynch Votals
    Gambit (4): Doctor Whooves, Ash, Fontisian, Castiel
    AngelRick (1): LochNess
    Doctor Whooves (1): Rapscallion
    Rapscallion (1): Dovaekiin
    Vesvius (1): Uncle Stojil

Abstaining (5) AngelRick, Gambit, Kensington, Sesc, Vesvius

With 13 alive, it is 7 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch.

11.5 hours remain in Day One!

20. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Gah. I did think that Doctor Whooves was more likely to be inexperienced Town than Mafia because his post was so out there, but now I'm suspicious of the anti-bandwagonbandwagon. After Kens came up with the "it's his first game" reasoning, everyone else just jumped aboard. I mean yeah it is, but suddenly there was this influx of "he's town" posts all using more or less that reasoning.

Something that struck me specifically was fontisian referencing LochNess. It's not like she was the one to start Dr. W.'s defence, so that seemed like an odd thing to do. Not sure I want to call it a link just now, but it's the strongest indication I found so far.

By the way: This reasoning
    is no reasoning at all. "If you were scum, doing this would make you look scummy". Wat? That totally doesn't follow. It makes him look odd even if he was Town -- and anyway, since you seem to be concluding he is Town, it just now has helped him if he was mafia.

Not casting a vote just yet, because by now there's enough out there and I'm around all day, but Ollie is out there (even if I can never seem to tell if he's derpy Town or derpy mafia), and maybe AngelRick as well, because that post just made no sense.