1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

If AR is town, this quote isn't really a derp. If that is your reasoning, Sesc, then pretty much every accusation and every defense in mafia can be considered as helping scum since you're basically telling them "That behavior/post/wording/whatever makes me think you're scum (don't do it)" and "This makes me think you're town (do it)". The only help I would criticize is mechanic-help, honestly.

Now, if AR is scum, instead, that quote could be a tell. He says that "throwing accusations around as scum doesn't help you too much" and sure enough, he didn't throw any accusation in this game. *shrugs* I'm not against an AR lynch, but I prefer Vesvius at the moment, although this could change if he decided to post and if he did it well.

2. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I haven't posted much because I haven't really thought of much to say. I usually try to watch and analyze during day one. Plus, I've been out of contact since basically my last post. But that's besides the point.

So far, my read is Whooves is either strong town or the greatest natural scum this game has ever seen. So I'm going to go with town for right now. Stojil, Avatar aside, also gives me a mild town reading. It seems like he's doing his best to provoke people to see what happens, a strong town thing. I'm also leaning towards Ash being town, mostly for metagame reasons. Every game I've played with her that hasn't had her be scum, she's been really laid back and posted less then she has for her scum games.

I'm leaning against Ollie being scum. It seems to me that this whole lynchwagon against him is because he's not a very good townie when he is town. Valid reason, sure, but not being good when town is not the same as being scum.

Honestly, out of everyone here, AngelRick is looking the most scummy to me. After reviewing his posts, he seems to be trying his best to look like he's contributing and keeping his post count up despite not actually saying much in his actual posts.

Sooo..... Lynch Vote: AngelRick

P.S: I miss the box vote.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  3. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Well, thanks for finally answering my question, Gambit, and to be honest I can see your reasoning. I can appreciate that you didn't want this to end up in a no-vote, but bandwagoning on the person who makes the most noise sets a really bad precident.

What really stood out for me was when you say you'd 'rather lynch a lurker'. Ok, that's not a bad thing... but then you vote for me. :facepalm

As far as AngleRick goes, I wasn't paying much attention to him last night, but with a quick re-reading, this post begins to look veeery scummy.

AngleRick: Gambit wasn't, in my eye, talking about anything close to 'wanting to learn about the bandwagon'. His interrogation amounted to a spurious vote and some garbled nonsense, sprinkled lightly with bollocks; not a hedged bet that scum would reveal themselves upon my death. That you perceive his posts to contain some portion of rationality and higher brain function stinks of shielding and behind-the-scenes collaboration.

In addition, you choose to associate him with Ash, an action I can only see as an attempt to bring some form of legitimacy to your statement, and then accuse me of not helping out town.

Whilst I'm not going to change my vote from Gambit, I would urge everyone to keep a close eye on AngleRick, and bear in mind a potential scum team combination.

4. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Editing Vesvius? Seriously, don't do that. Post another post and let it auto merge. It looks really suspicous as though whatever you said wouldn't come off town enough and you had to go back and fix it. Otherwise, why would it matter if you posted it in the post below. But then I start thinking maybe too obvious a slip for mafia to do.

Less than 8 hours until the end of the day and I think it is important for everyone to vote. I know we don't need a million people on one person due to the soft lynch possibility, but it will be really important to see everyone's opinions.

5. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Alright, at this point I'm down to two candidates, Gambit and Angelrick. On one hand, why the hell did we let Gambit play? I don't think he's scum, but I'm tempted to lynch him for the contents (or lack thereof) of his posts.

Angelrick on the other hand does actually read scummy. As stated in a previous post of mine, he posts a lot while saying very little.

Lynch Angelrick

6. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Yeah...

Rescind Vote
    Lynch: Doctor Whooves

Three reasons:

1) Vesvius posted, and even though he offered mostly town-reads beside jumping on the AR bandwagon, he has only my vote and time is running out.
    2) Doctor Whooves posted and I just can't stand his attitude.
    3) Doctor Whooves is hands-down the lynch that will give us more info, having been the focus of a good portion of day 1's conversation. Everyone - and I mean everyone - took a stance regarding his lynch - as opposed to AR, Gambit, Vesvius etc. - whether openly or more subtly. That will make us more likely to draw useful connections/exclusions after his eventual roleflip.

I would still be okay with Vesvius, AR and Gambit, in this order, but Doctor Whooves has my vote.

Fake Edit (I refreshed the page before posting and am to lazy to change the post) - I had missed Vesvius' edit. Not cool, dude. It isn't scummy as much as it is against the rules.

---------- Post automerged at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Aaaaand another ninja.

7. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Whoa, Stojil. Flip-floppy much?

---------- Post automerged at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Actually, I'm going to disagree with your statement that lynching me would provide the most information. Whilst most people had an opinion on me, like you said, that opinion changed so often and so frequently that we'd have almost no more information than we had before. Whereas, if we were to vote for someone such as Gambit, we not only get rid of a player who's total contribution has somehow amounted to a negative value, but also might reveal links that could further town later in the game.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

You're disagreeing with the obvious, then, IMO.

Most people had an opinion and the rest connected and interacted in other not-so-subtle ways. And I think only Sesc' opinion sort-of-changed, correct me if I'm wrong. I personally thought your deflection was either coming from scum or from inexperienced town, so ambivalent. Besides, changes of opinion give info, too. You can argue that not-commenting is info as well but it's much less valuable, especially during the first day when nothing ground-breaking happens. It's not like Gambit or anybody else (you included) scumslipped so bad that refraining from fingerpointing is scummy or link-ish in and of itself.

Sure, only thing is that those links aren't readily apparent or indeed useful, right now, while you're holding a bunch of them in your hand for all the world to see. I vote we pry them away from your dead fingers. ;)

9. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Hngh ... damnit, Dr. Whooves, stop sounding so desperate. Every other post you make fucks up my reads @_@

What with your anti-bandwagonbandwagon and now your last post, you're slipping back into negative values :|

Stojil: I didn't even get that far, regarding the AR quote. It plain made to me no logical sense. The second part does not follow from the first, which made it as a reasoning invalid, and as a reason not to lynch anyone useless.

I think I'll throw my vote to Ollie, for now; I want to hear what AngelRick has to say first. He hasn't posted since.

Lynch: Gambit

Also, Vesvius edited what he said he edited. /mod

10. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I am heading to sleep soon and the day will likely end before I am able to post again.

I am a little inclined to go with Stojil here, I will definitely be able to make better guesses once I can get confirmation on Whooves alignment but I don't know if that is worth throwing a possible town under the bus.

So I am gonna stick with my vote on Gambit. Hopefully I get good news in the morning.

11. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Well, at this point, I think a lynch on any of Gambit, AngelRick, or DoctorWhooves would gather information for us, as we've had a fair amount of discussion on each.

For the reasons mentioned before, I'm going to stick with Gambit. I'm really not very suspicious of Whooves, though I do keep in mind that he could have derped and his scumteam could have told him to roll with the overenthusiastic town noob thing.

I am suspicious of AngelRick, will be interesting to see what Gambit flips as, though I do not think my suspicion of him is contingent on Gambit being scum.

12. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

Dovaekiin: You saw it as planned? Basically, what I wanted was a response from Whooves and it felt natural, imo. Since, his name had been in the post of 4-5 players. Yeah, they were not really accusing him, but neither was I blatantly accusing him of something. I just poked him to lend some momentum to the game. And that accusation actually started some relevant discussion.

I re-read the posts once again and yes, it looks more like that Whooves is not a actually a scum but rather a desperate townie. Also, there was this fact that none of the player had any distinguishable opinion supporting his view, directly or indirectly. But AR did try to go subtly against him, and he did it in a way entirely too convenient for me. And also what Lochness said.

On the issue of Gambit. It seems to me that some feel lynching Gambit would be a safe start. But there might be a case that scums are actually sacrificing him to gain trust. Though, this being the first day, it is highly implausible. Gambit’s post only reads scum because he is not doing any actual scum hunting. But it might be laziness on his part or lack of internet.

On Voting: As of now, AngelRick seems most scummy to me. We had most discussion about Whooves but still not enough to gauge too much. Whooves went on from being desperate to more desperate. Gambit has 4 or 5? Vote against him and it seems that general trend is going against him. Lynching him will buy us some more time to see any patterns or trend. Though, I don’t think it would be really too much. I do want a lynch on first day and since, AngelRick is the most scummy.

Rescind Vote
    Lynch : AngelRick

---------- Post automerged at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

*Rescind Vote

Lynch : AngelRick

13. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

I apologize, I thought I had written out a response last night, but evidently I forgot to post it before I logged off >_< This will be a lot of my reads. Also, my lack of lynches has been because I didn't know if we could rescind votes, it wasn't explicitly stated, so I had to ask first.

Mhm... I'm surprised no one saw anything wrong with this... If you think Whooves is more scummy vote for him. Hopefully that's just a mistake on your part and you think I'm more scummy. I mean, you'd be wrong, but it'd at least make more logical sense.

On Rapscallion
    Rapscallion, I think you are suspicious for these reasons:

Not only have I said that Whooves is town, I have not thrown a lynch on him. Your reasons seem contrived. You go from point A to point B without any kind of logical mechanism, i.e. somehow manipulating what I have said into a scum tell. Where did I go subtly against him, when I said he was flailing town? If you cannot provide this then there is no reason to lynch me.

Furthermore, your vote is in a comfortable position for scum. You are close enough in the train so you won't be seen as bandwagoning on, yet far enough out that you won't be seen as scum trying to get a townie. To put it succinctly, in the middle of the pack.

And if scum is offering us to lynch one of the scum so they can gain "trust" we should still take it. Lynching scum is always good. I can't think of a reason why we wouldn't want to lynch someone we think was scum.

This is different from Lochness and Kens because while you have provided factually wrong reasoning, they have provided succinct reasons that follow some kind of logic (even though they're completely wrong).

On Doctor Whooves
    If you aren't scumhunting, then you aren't helping town. I realize this is mildly ironic considering I haven't done too much at first glance, but still. I've been asking certain people to elaborate for my own reasons.

On Gambit:
    Gambit's willingness to die gives me two thoughts, on one hand, he might actually be trying to help town since he thinks he is a shitty player himself and allowing us to use the train to learn more. But on the other hand, his willingness to die could be a scum ploy, later on in the game, if he still lives, he can use that reasoning to say why scum haven't NK'ed him.

My paranoia is getting the best of me. And for the aforesaid reasons, I'm going to throw a lynch on Gambit. Either way, we will get some information.

lynch: Gambit

14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Rescind vote

I think we're one before finishline, and I'd like to have the thread open for another hour to re-read stuff, so no hammer. If necessary, I'll put it back later.

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm not really happy with the Gambit lynch, since there's basically no info to be gotten from it. AngelRick's defence seems pretty logical and well thought out, and what he mentions about Rapscallion does further my opinion that he could be scum.

I think I'll keep my vote where it is, though if it looks like we'll be getting a tie for the soft lynch I'll put my vote on someone.

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Also, I'm against lynching Whooves for info for the simple reason that one more townie alive is one more the scum have to kill. Info is good, but we can get info through lynching other people too, without the caveat of everyone thinking they're town.

Hell, we've already gotten some decent info from the Whooves bandwagon itself.

16. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

I think the logical thing would be to hear what Gambit has to say on Rapscallion. Of course we have one hour left, so we'll have to keep that in mind.

17. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lynch Votals
    Gambit (4): Doctor Whooves, Ash, Fontisian, Castiel
    AngelRick (4): LochNess, Vesvius, Kensington, Rapscallion,
    Doctor Whooves (1): Uncle Stojil
    Rapscallion (1): Dovaekiin

55 minutes remain in Day One.

Since Eido isn't here.

18. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

This:

Though, you state that Whooves is flailing town, you also show your suspicions. It is contradictory to your initial statement. You didn't take a clear stand and it has been a pattern from you throughout the game till now. You have just stated facts and subtly nudged here and there. There was no actual hunting from your part, as a matter of fact you are conceding it yourself.

I don't know about others but that is not very good example of how a Townie behaves.

And on the issue of me being in middle of bandwagon. I voted for Whooves first. But later on, as I stated in earlier post, I reconsidered about Whooves being a scum. At that moment, there were 3 lynch targets for me: Whooves(since he was the topic of discussion). Gambit(Because he just seems lazy, indifferent and hasn't done anything a townie would do). And then you(AngelRick), for the reasons I stated above.

But Whooves had only one vote against him and I want a day-one lynch, so I decided against voting him. Gambit, I just can't formulate anything about him. But you had few votes against yourself, and I felt scum in your posts, so you were the choice then.

19. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

I was trying to get Whooves to post some reads. I was guilt-tripping him into providing some real reads. That should have been obvious especially because I did not throw a lynch vote on him. You are trying much too hard to find something scummy in my posts and it is not doing you any good.

20. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Lynch Votals
    Gambit (5): Doctor Whooves, Ash, Fontisian, Castiel, AngelRick
    AngelRick (4): LochNess, Vesvius, Kensington, Rapscallion
    Doctor Whooves (1): Uncle Stojil
    Rapscallion (1): Dovaekiin

Abstaining (2) Gambit, Sesc

With 13 alive, it is 7 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch.

35 minutes remain in Day One!