1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Are you saying that going after lurkers is scummy? Or that advocating going after lurkers is scummy?

2. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

I would say he is saying that making a plan to go after lurkers is sometimes a mafia tactic because it's a strategy he has used before when he was mafia. It's worked both in town and mafia favour in the past though. So just because you useds it once doesn't make it scummy. It is a good way to get them talking and discussion going. If we just leave them to not talk, scum can just fly by. Threat of lynching will actually get people talking.

Just wanted to say guys, I'm off to work and my low post count has been due only and entirely to me having ridiculously long hours at work, but I am posting whenever I can get on.

3. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Odds are Gambit was alone. For info purposes, we might as well consider him town.

So, it could be that scum pushed his lynch. The problem in this is... well, I think we can all agree that there are better and more threatening targets than Ollie. What he is, though, is an easy target. Why would scum go after an easy target? A valid possibility would be to save one of their asses. Redirecting the attention towards someone easily wagonable because there were risks of one scummate dying.

In this scenario, that person would be Doctor Whooves. He voted Gambit first, reasonably enough since he was the primary target at the time. It is neither towny nor scummy, per se. The bandwagon that ensued, though, would have at least one buddy on it most probably, if he was rotten.

Another possibility would be AR. He was seriously contending for the role of lynché yesterday, alongside Gambit. His own wagon started a bit late, though, so in this scenario a number of his buddies would have jumped on Ollies' later on.

Of course, it's possible that scum took kind-of-a backseat because actually none of their own was threatened that day, but that's a scenario that gives us little to no info to work on, soooooo... as things are now, I'd still vote to lynch Whooves, but the day has barely started and there's plenty of time.

Ash, what is your read of fontisian?

Vesvius, what is your read of LochNess?

Castiel, what is your read of Kens?

Kens, what is your read of Ash?

4. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Right now I'm going to say borderline, leaning towards town. She's very cautious, like we all are. She made some defense of Whooves, who I'm pretty sure is town. But there's not enough evidence to be sure either way.

My reads so far:

Leaning Town: Stojil, Whooves, LochNess

Leaning Scum: AngelRick, Fontasian

Definite Town: ???

Definite Scum: ???

No clue: Everyone else

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Let us divide that into two parts.

"Lynch the lurkers" is the classic argument from the members of a scum-team when the said scum-team has been reasonably active.

Of course, scum may (and they often do) lurk to avoid suspicion. So it is a good idea to keep an eye on them but I don't think it is enough to outright "lynch" them.

Less posts do not generally mean lurking. (Though these two sets often overlap.) The content of the posts matters as well.

A person is lurking when he is not giving the town with anything to work with, or is pointedly ignoring any questions asked. You have 8 posts right now. After I make this one I will have 5 posts. But we both will have 3 posts which contain actual content off of which others can make reads on us.

Let us take it post by post.

Good arguments for his actions, always a plus. Nothing stands out unless I have confirmation on roles of Whooves or fontisian.

This post also seems towny. His lynch vote was enough to bring fontisian under the radar so he could have a better look at him, he liked what he saw and removed the vote. (Of course, you could consider the scenario where fontisian and him are on a scum-team and were just distancing themselves in case one of them is revealed later in the game.)

I have no reads on AngelRick whatsoever (something I will rectify soon) but since many others found him suspicious this post looks fine as well.

Overall he is leaning towards town for me.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Castiel: You're right that the term "lynch the lurkers" is too strong. I wanted to get Vesvius and you talking right away and I didn't want to start lynching that earlier in the day, especially without hearing from everyone else, so I decided to go the strong language route.

Your posts haven't been great, though admittedly neither have mine, but I attacked you for an addition reason.

After Lochness attacked AngelRick, four people voted for Gambit over Rick. These people were you, Sesc, Dovaekiin and AngelRick. AngelRick's reasoning is obvious, Dovaekiin is confirmed town and I've been getting towny vibes from Sesc, which leaves you as the person most likely to be scum if Rick is scum. In your defense, you voted for Gambit before the vote on Rick became a bandwagon, but that could have been preventive action on your part.

So, I suggest that you give us your reads on Rick.

The attack on Vesvius, on the other hand, was entirely because he was silent through the middle of the day and posted mostly town reads when he was finally called out. Lurking doesn't mean you're scum, but it doesn't help town and it's generally a crappy way to play.

So, Vesvius: You said that you were leaning towards Ash being town at the end of the previous day phase but you didn't include her on your towny list today. What do you think of her now?

7. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I started typing this a few hours back, but then my neighbor showed up with beer. So the coherency of this post will be less than planned for.

Stojil: To be honest, I hadn't thought much about Ash overall before your question, which is telling in itself. Reviewing her posts, she mirrored my thoughts when she noted Dr. Whooves first post, but then set out as a staunch opponent to OllieK. Not only did I agree with her logic at that point, (although I still felt that AngelRick was a more likely scum), but what is strange is that the content of her posts mirror my thoughts quite a bit. Interestingly, I did notice that she referenced Stojil quite a bit. Pretty sure it means nothing, but she's listening to you at least in this thread. My gut says Ash is town, but it's possible that she is scary good scum. I'll continue thinking town, but keep a closer eye on her.

8. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Sorry I haven't been around much today, busy.

I quite like Kensington's post, it's nice when people analyze you ^_^

Now, in response to Stojil's post asking for my opinion of fontisian: I think she is town. Reading through her posts, they all seem helpful and I don't see anything immediately out of place. However, her slight defense of AngelRick does set me a little on edge.

Her latest post,

is worth taking note of, and it has changed my perception of Castiel.

Still not sure who I want to lynch, was leaning towards AngelRick, but now I am not so sure.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm probably going to be offline for the next 36 hours or so due to IRL commitments. I'll definitely be back a couple hours before day end.

10. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

I'm still advocating Rapscallion. Not only has Rapscallion been present only when he's being attacked or needs to post, but his posts lack the content you'd see in a true townie.

Although Kens is beginning to rub me the wrong way. His post on Ash read more of as a summary post rather than a read post. Especially the ending, "I think she's town, but I'll be watching her." The failure to give a real answer is quite scummy, given that it appears to give information, but doesn't give much at all.

Mhm... but still first choice is Rapscallion, then Kens, and I suppose Whooves, although I don't like that lynch, but if it comes to pass, I won't try to block it.

11. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

This is depressing. Sesc and Rapscallion have yet to post on day 2, and in general the thread seems pretty dead.

Lynch: Doctor Whooves

It's still the lynch that will give us more info, also thanks to the deadness of this day 2. After a very prolific day 1, he's stepped back significantly, maybe because he's not risking a lynch anymore, which sort-of-shoots down his "You can't kill me, I posted SO MUCH" comments or whatever. Look up many of my posts on day 1 and post #123 if you need more of my reasons for this.

Everyone, get in here and post. May I also suggest votes? I hear they can work wonders. Act on your suspicions, put pressure, see reactions, yadda, yadda, yadda.

12. Doctor Whooves

Stojil: Sorry, I can only really post between when I get home and when I go to bed, and that time is easily cut into if I have a concert I'm playing at, like last night. I did post yesterday, more times than you in fact, but I had to go to sleep, and I've been out until about four today.

Frankly, the way you switch between wanting me dead and thinking I'm town is making me dizzy, and you wanting to lynch me based on how much I'm posting is a little hypocritical. Forgive me if I can't spend every waking moment playing mafia, but you're not exactly posting every minute of every day either.

You want to lynch people who haven't posted much? Go for it. You want to lynch people who haven't provided much information? Or who don't respond to questions thrown at them? Feel free - but I think you're looking in the wrong direction.

13. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Stojil has the right idea to me. Votes on people to provide pressure to gather more info. So I should place one as well. But Whooves doesn't appeal to me. Out of everyone, there're three people I've got scum reads on. Fontasian, I've already mentioned. But voting for her when she won't be on won't give me any info. Rick, I'm not sure voting for would give me anymore info.

So....

Lynch Vote: Rapscallion

14. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

Give a guy who has just finished his mid-sem, a break? k?

Now that said

Aren't you being a little hypocritical? My post count may not have been much but whenever I posted, I took a firm stance. Not just posting fillers like you, with posts giving no real message.

Till now, I got most scum read from your posts among all the players, but you took firm stance at the last moment of first day, and that was against me. But that could mean two things - firstly, you were scum and under pressure you just went haywire and did a terrible job of defending yourself by accusing me. Or you were town, and you truly believed I was scum. Because if you were scum, in no sane mind, you would have done that.

I will probably look at your next posts before I take a firm stance on you.

I think that is the way to go. Clearly, for the mafias he was town. He had 7 votes against him, but still we couldn't find real information because there was only a single shitty reason of lynching him, that was him being lazy and not informative enough; and scums could have easily gone against him citing this reason in unison. So it's most probable that all the mafias were in that bandwagon.

Though, there were 4 votes against AR, few people did express their opinion regarding him. But there is also Whooves, if his role is revealed, we would have a real chance of gaining some very important information. I would like to see what people think about these two.

Sesc: What do you think about Whooves now, after Gambit's lynch?

15. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

I may or may not have internet this weekend after 4pm EST until Sunday late. Just so y'all know, but I'll do my best to be on.

16. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Your last post was 20 hours before mine. Compared to your day 1, it was one hell of a gap. Inconsistency can be a tell, too, especially in context. But, sure, life gets in the way, that's fair enough.

Continuing to repeat that will not make it true. I never switched my opinion of you. I'm not voting for you because you're the scummiest - frankly, I'm having troubles finding superscummy people this game - and I'm not sure what you are, scum or town. What I'm sure of is that your roleflip will help town more than anyone else's, barred scum, but if I knew/suspected who to lynch to get that result, then be sure I would be aiming at them, right now. The point is your death would give my game a more defined path and direction, no matter what you flip as, although scum is preferred obviously.

Do you see only what you want to see? Or are you purposely ignoring all the other and more important reasons why I'm voting for you?

Rapscallion wasn't even mentioned in your reads earlier today, Vesvius. Explain?

17. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

Your posts have had content, but your reasons for lynching me were awful and then your other posts have continually rubbed me the wrong way.

mhm... I could deal with a Whooves lynch though. I'm about 60% sure Whooves is town, but it's not the worst lynch and the information would be good.

18. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

My posts have irked you from start? Then why is that you never pointed it out before, and did it only after I voted against you for so called, awful reasons. See that is the reason I find you scummy. You just never came up with any real contribution for town individually. But still tried to pretend that you were there.

19. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

You had about 2 content posts before your post against me. Ever since then I've been calling you out on it. You're focusing on semantics and not my actual argument.

Note I have not called out the other people who were voting for me yet. They provided some real reasons for lynching me, which while they are/were completely wrong, are forgivable since they were mildly logical.

My arguments were laid out clearly when I called you out on being suspicious. Today I justified by lynch based on those reasons, and then with Dovaekiin's reasons as well given his faction flip.

But given your RL stuff, maybe I haven't seen enough of your posts and am jumping to conclusions.

With this said, a Whooves lynch gives us several things. If Whooves is scum, we should look at both Gambit's lynch wagon and my lynch wagon to spot potential scum. If Whooves is innocent, his own lynch wagon could easily have scum in it.

20. Doctor Whooves

I can see you have other reasons, and I'll get to those in a moment, but I feel you were not only being unnecessarily rude, but also throwing stones from your glass house. Anyway, let's move on.

You say that you want to lynch me for information. Now, I concede that perhaps in the previous day this would have been the case. However, now we have defined targets such as AngelRick, who has had a fair amount of discussion based around him (and therefore information), I feel that lynching me wouldn't be the most fruitful course of action.

I am somewhat confused that you would be willing to lynch someone you have explicitly said you believed 'wasn't the scummiest' when other, perhaps scummier, targets would provide just as much information.