1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

AR is the next best lynch in my mind, at the moment, and I would be perfectly fine with his death. He's second to you only because I believe that everyone's link with you is less likely faked/fabricated than everyone's link with him, and also a little more useful for various reasons.

Reread my post. I didn't say you aren't the scummiest. I said:

which means that no matter how scummy you are, I would vote for you anyway right now (for info), because:

and:

Anyway, what are your scum-reads? AngelRick is one (vote him?). Who else? Any town-read?

2. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Hmm, yes, AngelRick is a big one, and I'll probably vote for him in a little while if no one looks better. Other stand outs? Well, you're [Stojil] obviously on my radar, what with the amount of discourse we've had, but I don't think you're particularly malicious. I'm going to keep an eye on you, though.

Ash - I like Ash. Her posts, whilst perhaps not the most informative, seem to be town-y to me. I'd like to see her post more often, and a vote would be nice.

Castiel - He's been picked on somewhat for 'lurking', which is maybe fair. That said, his most recent posts have been nice and chunky - lots of info, and it's good to see that he isn't getting hung up on being targeted. Still can't get a read off him.

Fontisian - Been on the defensive recently, and isn't going to be on for a bit, but she had some pretty reactionary posts a little while ago. At the beginning of the game she seemed opposed to posting anything longer than about a sentence, and I can't think her average word per post is very high. Had some more content recently, though. Probably leaning slightly scummy for me, but only just.

Kensington - Had quite a few posts early on, although they have become more infrequent. Would be interested in seeing a post count. Seems to be rolling with the crowd at the moment (anti-AngelRick), and joined the AR bandwagon just as it seemed to be gaining momentum. Not a scum-tell in itself, but borderline. That said, he does appear to be standing his ground on AR, and seems fairly aware of what's going on, even if he's not posting. Unsure at the moment, would like to see some more.

LochNess - Not posting particularly often, and not adding much to the conversation when she does (repeats previously stated info, etc). Not seeing her as scum, but some more ideas and scum reads would be appreciated.

Rapscallion - Has had some negativity directed at him, but I think he's town. I'd like to poke him a bit more, 'cause his last few posts have been a bit lacking in substance.

Sesc - Hasn't posted at all during this day phase, which is massively frustrating. I can't help but think that this might be a clever scum tactic - hiding in plain sight - because when he plays, Sesc is such a high-profile player that people assume he's doing stuff even when he isn't. Even when he did post, we were getting a lot of pointing out the obvious and not so much information. I'm not saying he's scum - but it's looking that way.

Vesvius - Another 'lurker', but at least he's posted some reads. That said, he hasn't actually given us much info on himself, and I'm finding it hard to infer anything from the posts he has.

Ok, then:
    AngleRick - Without talking about specific other players, tell us why you shouldn't be lynched.
    Ash - post more. What do you think of Stojil?
    Castiel - keep going, don't let a lack of votes on you make you slow down.
    Fontisan - more content-filled posting would be better. Make sure you have a good couple of sentences, and maybe a paragraph or two.
    Kens - Is there anyone apart from AR who you feel we should look out for? Why?
    LochNess - Scum reads, please.
    Rapscallion - Tell me about who you think is the most town player so far.
    Sesc - Talk to me, fella. Why've you not posted much recently?
    Stojil - Analyse this post. Give me your thoughts on my reads.
    Vesvius - If you could have one person in this game on a scum team with you, who would it be? If you were the cop, who would you check?

Everyone - We need to start wrapping this day up. Give us the people you'll most likely vote for, even if you don't vote right now.

3. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

Because I'm town.

Asking me why I shouldn't be lynched without specific other players is silly. My answer would be the same whether I am scum or town. What am I going to say? I could compare to the only game here where I was scum and I was unspecific and bandwagony as fuck, but that doesn't really help you much.

I'm town, you won't learn much from my death and I think my scum hunting is more valuable than my death. I've been promoting discussion and posting with relative frequency. I'll probably eat an NK at some point by some scum trying to create wine.

Also, what kind of read post was that? You need to be more concrete. It's very scummy to hide behind, "well he could be scum... or he's probably town." Give 3 people who are scum. And 3 people you think are town. Please!

4. Doctor Whooves

It's actually bloody difficult finding three who are town and three who are scum. I'll put it this way:

Leaning Towards Scum
    Fontisan
    AngelRick
    Sesc

Neutral/Unreadable
    Castiel
    Kensington
    Uncle Stojil
    Vesvius

Leaning Towards Town
    Ash
    LochNess
    Rapscallion

I would just like to point out that these are extremely changeable, and based on the most tenuous of reads.

---------- Post automerged at 03:21 ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 ----------

Oh, and another thing AngelRick; you don't like my read post? Make your own.

Vote: AngelRick

5. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Quick Note: I'm posting this just after coming home from work and after post work drinking, so I've only really skimmed the posts that came after my last one. I'll do a reread in the morning and see what I missed.

From what I can tell, I have Two questions to answer: Why pick Rapscallion to vote for and Whooves' latest questions.

For the former, I picked Rapscallion due to process of elimination. Fontisan and Rick, I mentioned why I wasn't in my vote post. I'm getting Town reads (or at least was) from Ash, Whooves, and Stojil. Kensington, Castiel, LochNess, and Sesc all are under the umbrella of "I don't have enough to go on". That leaves Rapscallion, who's been under scrutiny but hasn't really been pressured. I figured I'd try to apply the pressure.

And Whooves' questions: As for who I'd want on my Scum Team, I'd probably go with Sesc. I've modded games and played in games with him before, and he's probably been the second scariest player I've seen with these. As for who I'd investigate, same answer for the same reason.

A question for you, Whooves: Out of your scum reads, which ones would scare you the most if you were right?

6. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Okay so back at a computer, and this conversation is not moving. I know I haven't helped on that front, but will make this post before bed and then make sure to post again before work in the morning.

Going over everything again and again, I get why Stojil wants someone who has had a lot of discussion about them lynched so we can get information. But if I think that person is town I'm not going to go along with it. I still think Whooves is town. I think he was an easy target before and that is all. Going over AngelRick's again, I'm actually still feeling like he is scum, and earlier had just been second guessing a lot from Aekiel's death since he had defended him. AngelRick has had a lot of discussion around him so he is someone who we can still get tells from, but also hopefully while doing so, get a lynch on a scum.

so:
    Vote: AngelRick

What I'm trying to figure out is this huge feud between Rapscallion and AngelRick. My mind is going into overdrive thinking about if it could be a set up to completely distance themselves from each other. So then if AngelRick flips scum, Rapscallion gets off the hook.

But if it's not, then if AngelRick flips town, I'm thinking Rapscallion may not be scum because I think scum wouldn't go that much against a townie before they get lynched because they become the obvious target. So I guess I think if AngelRick gets lynched and flips scum, I'm still going to be suspicious of Rapscallion, but if he flips town I would feel more like it was two townies duking it out.

Stojil I'm just wary of, because I know he is a good player. The whole "lynch someone to get info even if we have to sacrifice town" seems just like something that is so easy for a scum to say. They get a town lynched, and then get to go, "Aw too bad, he actually was town. But we got our info so all is good!" It seems like it can be such an easy way out for scum.

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

sorry for lack of posts, cant get on the PC, this is from my mobile, i will have PC access back in a few hours, will be able to make a big post then, i hate typing on my mobile.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

I don't have much time, right now, but I'll be home in a few hours.

It actually does, since you are pretty unspecific and a little bandwagony in this game, too.

Your reads are mostly fluff, summary and scummy. Your final points are even worse. There's distancing, buddying-up and doubt-casting, which coupled with what I have seen from others makes me want to lynch you even more.

@LochNess: I want sure great info + maybe-scumflip rather than sure good info + maybe-scumflip. Lynching Whooves is good for town, no matter what he is (the same can be said for AngelRick, only a little worse since there are less links there, if he flips scum). Since I don't have stronger scum-reads to attack and since I'm certain I would have them after Whooves' lynch, I have no problem in saying I want him dead.

And my info-induced votes aren't any better or more defendable/excusable than "I'm lynching Gambit because even if he's town, it wouldn't be such a big loss" arguments, and yet I don't see you going after those people, or indeed doubt-casting them like you're doing with me now. With your and Whooves' defenses and reciprocal town-reads in mind, I find that very interesting.

9. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Mod Post

Day Ends in like, 8 hours. I may or may not be back in time, but a reminder that with With 11 alive, it is 6 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch.

Do not post after the day ends, in accordance to the timer in the day start post.

Don't have time for a Votals post at the moment, am on the way out of the door - work has shot me in the face this week, but all will be well starting Monday. Apologies.

There's only a dozen posts today for you to sort through looking at votes anyways.

10. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Going a day without a lynch is always a bad move, so I'll change my vote. I'm not going to vote for Whooves, because I refuse to vote for someone I honestly think is town. So,

Rescind Vote

Lynch Vote: AngelRick

Unless I miss my count, that means we only need one more for soft lynch.

11. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Computer access got a little delayed and after that I got sidetracked playing Dungeon Defenders. Anyways,

I agree with this reasoning completely and if I were in your place I would come to the same conclusion. Just, unlike you I happen to know I am town.

I would if I had any. So far he seems neutral to me. Honestly, in this game there is not a single guy who I can say looks "scummy" to me. Maybe it is because of the ridiculous lack of activity. (Though admittedly I am a part of it)

For better?

Today's lynch contenders seem to be Rick and Whooves. Rick is neutral to me. Whooves is leaning towards town.

So, Lynch Vote: AngelRick

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

So, I'm back but I may have trouble getting internet access for the rest of the day. Sorry.

First of all, not much happen while I was gone for half a day. That's really disappointing guys.

Sesc: Where are you? What do you think of the everything happening today? I'm no longer getting town vibes from you.

I'm feeling a bit better about Castiel after his responses to my posts. Vesvius, on the other hand, still looks scummy.

Vesvius: You asked something similar at the beginning of the game. Mind telling me what the point of this question is?

Rapscallion:
    This doesn't make sense to me. Why would AngelRick have to be insane to vote for you if he were scum? (I think that's what you meant but I'm not sure.)

There was not "a single shitty reason" for lynching Gambit. He wasn't posting any content, he refused to justify his vote on Whooves at first and when he finally justified it, it was for a bad reason. It is not at all probable that all the mafia were on the bandwagon because mafia don't like to vote in blocks for the most part.

Funny, I was under the impression that a lot of people had expressed an opinion on AR, but that these opinions might have been confused, intentionally or unintentionally, with the Gambit lynch going on.

In conclusion, that was a crappy post. Try again bro.

Whooves: Most of your reads were based on the amount of content, not the content itself. Care to rectify that?

For my vote, I think we could get a lot of information out of Whooves if he were scum. Unfortunately, I don't think he is scum. I don't like the AngelRik bandwagon either. So, for now lynch: Rapscallion.

13. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Unofficial vote count:

Rapscallion (2): AngelRick, fontisian
    Doctor Whooves (1): Uncle Stojil
    AngelRick (4): Doctor Whooves, LochNess, Vesvius, Castiel

Didn't vote: Ash, Kensington
    Didn't show up: Sesc (what the fuck?!)

AngelRick is our soft lynch at the moment. Correct the tally if you see something wrong.

If AR flips scum, I would poke and seriously consider lynching fontisian > Castiel > Sesc > Ash. If he doesn't, please guys humour me even if I'm dead and try the Whooves route. Just to put it out there. I should be back before the deadline to check on how things are going.

---------- Post automerged at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Bolded it:

Unofficial vote count:

Rapscallion (2): AngelRick, fontisian

AngelRick (4): Doctor Whooves, LochNess, Vesvius, Castiel

Didn't vote: Ash, Kensington

Didn't show up: Sesc (what the fuck?!)

14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I'm sorry for the massive AWOL guys, but I'm abroad atm and was without internet. I'm just got nets and I'm trying to sort through the thread, so I'll hopefully get something in before deadline. Otherwise, I'm back on Monday.

15. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

It's 2 AM(2 hours to go for deadline) here and I forgot to post. :/ End of the papers party called, Sorry.

Right now, I am not in a state to post much. Though, vote is necessary. So I would go for the most scummy guy in my point of view, AngelRick. Reasons, I have stated before.

Lynch : AngelRick

16. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

unspecific? I've been very specific... I've outlined my reasons why I think certain people are scum. Of all the things that you could say about my performance this game, unspecific is not one of them.

And how have I been bandwagony? There's been one lynch, which I had to go with because the alternative was my death. I began my day with a lynch. Where are you even getting this Stojil?
    When I flip town, don't go after whooves. Go after Stojil and Rapscallion.
    fontisian is probably town at this point.

17. Doctor Whooves

Can you be more specific about what in my post was scummy? I know you're not making a big deal about specificity in this game, but it'd be lovely to hear more diatribe directed at me. Also, I actually meant for you to analyse the reads themselves instead of the post as a lump entity, but meh.

Excuse me? Are you serious? Lynching Gambit, even if he were to have flipped town (and I'd just like to point out that he didn't), is a far more defensible move than lynching someone primarily based on the information it might bring. It wouldn't have been 'not a big loss', or even any sort of loss at all - Gambit being lynched could only have rendered a positive impact on the game from town's perspective. He was lazy, negative, unoriginal, bandwagoning, rude, unthinking, incompetent and an unequivocally poor player. It is almost impossible not to think that lynching him is more defendable than gaining some information, when information is so readily avalible from others sources.

That you fail to understand that implies either a major scum tell, or some form of brain defect.

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

You've tunnelled on Rapscallion all game, and threw a line about Kens very recently. I have accused much more people than you and this is the least scum-hunting I have ever done.

You voting for Gambit to save your life is one thing. You voting for Gambit while trying to make it sound like you actually had other reasons is another. And "a little bandwagony" were my words. Sorry, was Gambit's not a wagon? Was your late vote not bandwagony?

I used the words fluff, summary and scummy. Here's fluff:

No content here. No analisis or anything resembling it. Just filler.

Here's summary:

I think it's self-explanatory, really.

And here's scummy, which you wanted to know more about:

LochNess has nothing going on for her in your little read and yet you can't see her as scum. Maybe you have town-vibes from her, maybe you're influenced by the fact that she defended you or maybe she's just your scumbuddy.

Castiel's bit is great. Note the inverted commas and that fantastic "maybe". Also that distancing at the end after the mostly positive read. As usual, couple it with Castiel's view of you.

Most of your reads intersect under the other adjectives some (Vesvius', just to mention one), but they're all generally blah except a couple.

Oh. My. God. What is wrong with me?! Something must have happened to my brain! So foolish of me to think that in Mafia, and in a close set-up of all the things, information is the most useful weapon town has. I must have gone crazy!

You forgot one more thing I used to motivate my votes against you: I just can't stand your attitude. Look at the last quote I did and tell me if you can't see why, jerk. I know I can be irritating and condescending, but goddammit, you're on a whole other level.

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Just to specify on "couple it with Castiel's view of view". It's not just his view. There are a few subtler things.

19. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Well, here's stuff.

Stojil went through the lynch scenarios for yesterday in #123, and I agree with the conclusion: If Ollie was a deflection lynch, then the person threatened was Whooves.

What I notice today that is Whooves is in a one-on-one yet again, this time with Stojil. And true enough, we also have another wagon started by him (AngelRick's -- who was the obvious, easy pick). For me, that kinda looks like a repeat from yesterday. I maintain that this is suspicious, and Whooves is on my people-I'd-like-to-lynch list. I disagree, though, with Stojil's statement that the Mafia-took-a-backseat option gives us no information.

Fact: The only one who didn't vote was Ollie, and he was Neutral. So every Mafia voted, and is in one of the two wagons.

Reasonable assumption: Since it was quite the tossup race until the very end, if AngelRick's Mafia, none of his buddies would be likely to have voted for him: The danger of an accidental lynch at (espeicially when it came down to 5-5 at the very end) is too big.

So if he wasn't, then it's reasonable to assume they spread their votes. For AngelRick's wagon, this means I'd put at least one in there. So that gives us at least 1 out 6 (AngelRick; LochNess, Vesvius, Kens, Rapscallion, Stojil) as Mafia, with the implication that Mafia!AngelRick means NotMafia!Wagon.

At this point, I'd lynch AngelRick almost just for that, because if he was Mafia, it'd more or less Townfirm 5 other people.

However, let's look at the posts first.

AngelRick: Started with post #119 into the day, which I found odd. Mafia knows who is Town and who isn't, but if they aren't totally incompetent, that will not reflect in their behaviour, for obvious reasons. It ties with the feeling I had before -- that sometimes, his posts are a little ... off, as if he didn't quite get it right. Sometimes, that's a sign of a Mafia role having a little trouble to adapt to Town-posting style.

We get a few links too: he points at Rapscallion and Kens, and subtly defends Whooves, which shifts somewhat later on, after some more pressure on the latter. Rapscallion is a somewhat-easy target, since his posts were a little jumpy, wheras the case that Doctor Whooves is Mafia, based on the idea that AngelRick is, fits the kinda-defence and yesterday's wagon, but not so much today's, because wtf at bussing on Day 2.

So I'd further posit that Mafia!AngelRick and Mafia!Whooves are mutually exclusive.

There's more I wanted to look at, for Rapscallion and Vesvius (who still isn't posting much), specifically, but I'm running out of time, since deadline is in 5 minutes, and we aren't lynching them anyway. So with what I said about AngelRick (info, post-content), I can behind that lynch (even though I do agree with Stojil regarding Whooves):

Lynch AngelRick

20. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Two Ends!

Night closes in on Gotham, with spirits lifting slightly with no sign of the Bat.

The Villains meet up at The Iceberg Lounge for a celebatory drink or six, and have a merry time.

Until a flash of silver catches their eye, and instincts take over.

The fleshy thump of the body hitting the floor was somehow drowned out by the soft ping of a bouncing coin as it rolled towards them.

Well, shit.

AngelRick has been lynched!

AngelRick was Two-Face.

He was the Town Vigilante.

Votals!

AngelRick (6): Doctor Whooves, LochNess, Vesvius, Castiel, Rapscallion, Sesc
    Rapscallion (2): AngelRick, Fontisian

Abstaining (2) Ash, Kensington

With 11 alive, it is 6 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch.

Votes!

#115 - AngelRick lynch Rapscallion
    #131 - Uncle Stojil lynch Doctor Whooves

#133 - Vesvius lynch Rapscallion
    #144 - Doctor Whooves lynch AngelRick
    #146 - LochNess lynch AngelRick
    #150 - Vesvius lynch AngelRick
    #151 - Castiel lynch AngelRick
    #152 - Fontisian lynch Rapscallion
    #155 - Rapscallion lynch AngelRick
    #159 - Sesc lynch AngelRick

Day Three will begin in roughly 24 hours.