1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

ATTENTION!

THIS IS A FILLER POST!

ATTENTION!

2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Three Begins!

Another day dawns in Gotham, and the slightly shadier residents are out in force.

Well, most of them are. Two are missing.

One is found with a grappling hook lodged in his eye socket, and the other was presumably dropped in a vat of acid, judging by the floating clothes.

How unpleasant.

Vesvius and Kensington have been killed!

Vesvius was Scarecrow.

He was Vanilla Town.

Kensington was Poison Ivy.

She was Vanilla Town.

Livelist!

Ash
    Castiel
    Doctor Whooves
    Fontisian
    LochNess
    Rapscallion
    Sesc
    Uncle Stojil

With 8 alive, it is 5 to hard lynch, and 3 to soft lynch.

Day Three Ends in 72 Hours!

3. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Well, bollocks.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Looks like we've reached MYLO, if there are three mafia left.

5. fontisian

Looks like we've reached MYLO, if there are three mafia left.

6. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Ugh, well, this sucks. Especially suspicious of the people who voted to lynch AngelRick.

If I had to pick three scum, I would name LochNess, Rapscallion, (Sesc or Castiel, I really can't figure out how I feel about them).

Stojil, fontisian, and Whooves seem solidly town to me, though I have paranoid moments about Stojil.

Can everyone else name three scum and three town, taking recent events into mind?

7. Doctor Whooves

Scum Reads
    Sesc, Uncle Stojil, Fontisan

Town Reads
    Ash, Lochness,

Everyone else I can't really call a faction for. I would like to see some major posting from Castiel this round, and some confirmation on Lochness - I read her as town, but I'm not definite.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

We're in deep shit. *sigh*

The Gambit bandwagon on day 1:

Gambit (7): Doctor Whooves, Ash, Fontisian, Castiel, AngelRick, Dovaekiin, Sesc

The AngelRick bandwagon on day 2:

AngelRick (6): Doctor Whooves, LochNess, Vesvius, Castiel, Rapscallion, Sesc

The AngelRick bandwagon on day 1:

AngelRick (5): LochNess, Vesvius, Kensington, Rapscallion, Uncle Stojil

Green is known town. The last tally is particularly useful to me since I'm in there as well and I know that I'm town. Odds are that at least one between LochNess and Rapscallion is scum, since it's unlikely that all the scum piled on Gambit's wagon.

Lynch: LochNess

As for reads, I'm suspicious of literally everyone. The closest thing I had to a townread was Rapscallion but considering his presence in the aformentioned wagon, I have lost that one as well.

Both of Sesc' votes (Gambit on day 1 and AR on day 2) were ininfluential since the lynches had already been clinched by the time he appeared. Scummy.

Castiel's votes are the perfect definition of bandwagony, both of them (Gambit on day 1 and AR on day 2).

Ash lurked day 2 and didn't vote, and I would like her to explain her town-read of fontisian.

fontisian probably gives me the worst vibes out of everyone and yet the context helps her.

Doctor Whooves started both lynches, both on easy targets, and has terrible reads.

If I had to pick a scumteam right now, I would name Doctor Whooves, LochNess and Castiel, but I wouldn't be surprised by anyone's scumflip.

9. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Just woke up to go to work. Will be on tonight with lots of thoughts.

10. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Deep shit doesn't begin to cover it. 8 people are alive. For obvious reasons I assume 3 are scum. If we mis-lynch today, we loose.

I am tired as fuck and need sleep, we have 2 days and a few hours left, I will look at things in the morning before leaving for class.

11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

Fucking read and re-read the whole thread for some idea.

Town (for me):

Stojil: He seems like an almost certain town person, imo. But the game has been so confusing, that somehow I can't deny the possibility, that he was scum and played a terrifying mafia game in collaboration with Dr. Whooves. But since, Whooves is new, I don't think they could have pulled it off. This is why I am taking Stojil as certain town now.

Sesc: He has posted very less and didn't do any real scum hunting. But still he looks a sincere time-strapped player to me. He had RL issues and he came at last, almost at deadline. Stojil, was it? pointed out that his votes have not been influential but imo, Sesc, even at the end, did go through the game thoroughly and posted honestly. I liked this post of his especially.

Ash: She was not her usual self, which is being hyperactive and creepy. But somehow, I didn't find anything to suggest she is mafia.

Castiel: I know for a fact that he is strapped for time these days, so it explains the 'lurking' bit. Also, all of his posts have been logically strong and apart from not being active, I can't blame him for anything.

Scums:

Whooves: He has had direct hand in one neutral lynch and a town lynch. And I had suspected him from start but reconsidered my decision somewhat. But after AR's lynch, I, once again think he is scum.

Lochness and Fontisian: I am putting them together because, twice or more, I have seen them collaborating with each other. They have had same ideas but their votes have been different. This may have been to avoid being seen together.

In first day, they defended Whooves together. Though, that might have been fontisian's fault.

Going with what two people I consider town say and also my own observations:

I am almost certain now that Lochness is scum. And since, I see fontisian in same league with her, she is also scum.

Lynch : Lochness

It's 3 AM here and I am off to sleep. My next post is going to be at least 12 hours later(College and all that).

12. Doctor Whooves

LochNess: I don't know what time zone you're working, but considering that it's been ten hours since the post saying that you'd post later was posted, I'd like to see you defend yourself. Hopefully, the lynch votes have shaken you up a bit and we'll see some more posting.

Also; Sesc. You have a tendency to disappear for most of the day, then hop in at the end. I'm sure nobody playing would be adverse to you getting more involved, so some interaction would be great.

To Rapscallion - is lynching people a bad thing now? Yesterday, even Stojil agreed that killing AngelRick would provide some information. Similiarly, 'neutral' isn't a synonym for 'town', so lynching Gambit (his crap posting notwithstanding) is good for us. Just because I was able to provide the impetus to propell a lynch doesn't make me scum.

13. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

At this moment in time, I think one of Rapscallion or LochNess is scum, not both of them as I had previously thought. LochNess hasn't been around much, but that could be town apathy, and Rapscallion's large post could be due to scum-excitement, trying to get us all to bandwagon on LochNess.

To be perfectly honest, I'm finding it hard to decide between the two. Been thinking about it for awhile, held off from posting in the hopes something would convince me.

I think I lean towards lynching LochNess, but fuck, this is a pretty crucial lynch.

Will wait for Castiel, LochNess, Sesc, and fontisian to post before casting my vote.

14. LochNess

Am going through the thread and making a reply now. But first off, like I already stated I have insane work hours. I started up a stable that I opened up September 1st and am doing all of the horse care, dealing with clients, horse training, instructing, advertising etc. and am there from 7:30 when I let the horses out to 7:30 pm when I bring them back in. I also have to drive nearly an hour each way.

So for people who have a problem and think I should be able to be on in ten hours, sorry but I don't have internet access at my barn nor do I have a smart phone. I am doing my best and getting on everyday still.

Anyways am making up a reply with my thoughts not.

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Ash, why do you think fontisian is town?

16. fontisian

Alright, I've read through the thread again while looking for connections between the people who are left.

Ash: Probably isn't scummates with Lochness, Whooves, Raps, Sesc or Castiel (the names are according to me level of surety). That just leaves Stojil. I think she's either town or really, really good scum.

Castiel: Has a connection with Whooves and Rapscallion. Probably isn't scummates with Stojil. I've been thinking of him as neutral/leaning scum.

Whooves: Has a connection with Lochness, Castiel and Ash (the Ash connection is pretty weak). Probably not connected to Raps, Sesc or Stojil. He's struck me as sort of scummy.

Raps: Has a slight connection with Stojil that makes me nervous. Probably not with Whooves or Lochness. Scummy.

Lochness: Connection with Whooves and slighter connection with Raps until his most recent post. Not with Ash, Stojil or Sesc which just leaves Castiel as an additional scumbuddy. Scummy.

Sesc: Not with Whooves, Lochness or Stojil. I don't have any real connections between him and anyone else. I'm leaning town, but I want to see what else he wanted to say about yesterday.

Stojil: Connection with Raps that makes me nervous.

So my scum team is Lochness, Whooves and possibly Castiel. It's five to hard lynch so if Raps and Lochness aren't scum (unlikely) and any town votes for Lochness scum might dogpile it to win the game. So, I'm not voting yet. ... And I just realized now that Stojil has the same scum team, which makes me think that he's town. Now it looks like I'm buddying Stojil. Fantastic.

In other news
    Rapscallion: I mentioned Lochness three times, once because I agreed with her, the second time because I wanted to explain why I mentioned her previously and the third time right now. I'm not sure what you're drawing a connection from.

I have a potentially very risky idea: Role revealing. It would help scum determine down power role targets to night kill but it would also give us some much needed information. I don't know. Thoughts?

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Why do you exclude Ash/Whooves? I would argue her second to last post isn't enough to exclude an Ash/Sesc, Ash/Lochness and Ash/Castiel, either.

I'm against it and the suggestion makes me more than a little wary, especially after this:

Care to guess who posted that?

18. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Yeah, I just got back tonight. Sorry again, guys -- I'm not one of those with the latest smartphone and constant internet access, and I spent the most time driving anyway.

Anyway. AngelRick's wagon does look like our best bet. Are we sure that Mafia has 3 members, by the way? If it's only 2 or maybe 4, that changes the odds significantly. What we get from the lynchwagon is 1/3, which could be lower than picking at random.

In any case, we need to lynch Mafia right about now. I'd vote for LochNess, except I'm note sure about the numbers ... if we actually do have 3 Mafia, and LochNess is not one of them, they can already hammer that thing anytime if they manage to coordinate.

Hm ... well, what the hell. Lynch LochNess

Let's have a little more pressure to get her to post. I'm online for the night, so I can remove that vote if we come too close.

3 Mafia, as a set ... I have trouble fitting them together. I think Rapscallion's posts were absolutely bad enough to warrant a spot, but that makes problems with other reads I have. So LochNess and fontisian -- and Rapscallion, perhaps, even though that would mean that Stojil/Whooves was the silliest Town in-fight ever. Maybe it's Stojil or Whooves instead.

Incidentally, where on earth did you get a Town read on Rapscallion from, Stojil? He was pushing the AngelRick lynch like whoa, and the content of his posts was zero. Purely based on posts, not on trying to find a team, I'd even say he's more suspicious than LochNess.

As for Town reads, I didn't get much further than Ashaya, for the simple reason that I've played a lot with her and her posts and behaviour feels Towny for me. Everyone else is more or less suspicious or lurking (Castiel).

19. fontisian

At the very beginning, Ash was the first to point out Whooves' roleplaying pseudo slip which separated them to me.

No, I'm suggesting a full roleclaim, not just the name. And really, that quote is part of the reason I'm reluctant to suggest this, but I am suspicious of everyone and the worst thing that can happen at this point is a mislynch, assuming there are three scum left.

20. LochNess

Okay so I'm actually around, and have to say I hope everyone doesn't rush into a lynch before we get time to talk and really get more responses (and yes I know you guys have been talking while I'm away but I'm doing my best). People please rescind your votes at the moment. You can throw them wherever later, but if two town votes for me and then three mafia just jump on, that's it, hard lynch, game over. Talk first. The pressure is on me I already know. Leave just one vote on me at the moment.

Yes, like everyone who has stated the obvious, this is a brutal position for us to be in. This lynch will most likely make or break us.

I'm going to have to agree with Stojil that with the AR lynch one of us had to be mafia, and knowing that the rest are town, I'm pretty positive that Rapscallion is mafia at this pojnt.

I think I'm getting the easy bandwagon against me and at this point the mafia can just pile on no problem to knock me off because at this point it doesn't matter if they all vote together. Once this lynch goes through, they win.

Especially after Sesc's post there I really feel like this is way to easy for them. I already have the pressure on me, he could have thrown the vote on later if he needed to, since he will be around like he said. Don't know if this was him just making a dumb play, but not one I am going to overlook.

Speaking of town/ scum reads, here are my thoughts

At this point, even though I had been wary of Stojil, I'm pretty sure he is town because most of what he is saying makes sense. Except the Whooves thing.

That being said I also think Whooves is town. Like I said, I thought he was the easy target and at this point I think mafia are just leaving him around because they know he causes discussion and draw attention away from themselves.

Ash also I think is town. I know from her play style she generally acts like this only when she has a boring role. Maybe vanilla town or the one who knows who the cop is. I forget the name of that role.

Now there are 4 players left (besides myself)

Fontisian, Sesc, Castiel and Rapscallion.

So like I said I think Rapscallion is scum because I'm feeling sure there had to be one scum in that bandwagon. Looking also where he put his votes (5th and 4th) it seems pretty bandwagonny, blending in each time. Knowing that the rest voting for AR are town, this makes me positive of him and my biggest scum read.

Sesc. Like I said. No need to throw on more lynches when it is so easy for the lynch to go through and just end the game. Especially when you know mafia can just jump on the bandwagon if there are three left and get a hard lynch right away. Either he is scum or making a really bad move. Also Stojil and Sesc agree too much.. Good similar thinking townies or one trying to fit in? Some sort of connection it seems. But can't decide between Sesc or Fontisian as scum.

Castiel also goes on my scum list. His post 125 kind of irked me where he just went on and on explaining about lurkers. Felt like a filler post. He also seemed to have the bandwagon placing in votes. I think he is a scum who is going with the blend in strategy.

Fontisian, can't figure this girl out. Something is just off about her posts. Need to figure out what it is about them, but she seems to be trying in earnest, but I just can't get a read on for good or bad. She is a contender for scum. Would normally have her in a neutral category but with so few, gonna give a positive or negative read on all players and for her I am feeling more scum than town.

---------- Post automerged at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Okay so I'm going to get off here now, and might not be on until work finishes tomorrow. Same time but a bit later because I am teaching lessons later. Will try to get on at some point but if not, that is why I'm gone.