1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

Wow! Another player! Damn, must have missed it before I posted.

2. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Heh, I sleep in pretty late, and I went directly to the grocery store. A lot of Whooves and Stojil chatting.

Sesc popped in, that was nice. Less suspicious of him, something about his post rang true.

I think LochNess really is the best choice, guess I shouldn't overthink it too much. Blech.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Ash: Answer Stojil's question, please.

Sesc: You said that you had more to say about Rapscallion yesterday just before day end, but never elaborated. Would you explain your position on him now?

Stojil: Chill.

Whooves: Your attitude is unbearable. Cut it out. On an related note, lynching scum right now is more important than lynching a strong player who might be scum, because we have a good chance of losing if we lynch town.

Anyone: Discuss my roleclaim idea. Maybe? Seriously, did everyone just read Stojil's opinion and go "Whelp, I guess that's settled"?

I can't decide between Lochness and Rapscallion at the moment. I agree that with the dogpile stuff we know that Lochness or at least one but probably two of Sesc, Raps and Stojil are scum. I did notice that Dovaekiin and Vesvius were both nightkilled after voting to lynch Rapscallion, which could be a sign of nervous scum or of scum trying to implicate him. On the subject of night kills, there were two last night. Any thoughts on that?

4. Ash

I didn't feel Stojil's question warranted an answer, I have no explanation for a general gut feeling that you are town. I never said I refused to consider that you are scum, I was just giving my reads. You had certain posts that seemed town to me at the time, but now you are not quite so solidly town. Sorry it is vague, but it is more about the sum of all posts than specific posts.

I like the roleclaim idea, personally. Might shake the game up a bit. I don't like overthinking everything in mafia like some people tend to do, so why not. I don't see a huge benefit or downside to me claiming as I'm vanilla town, and if I'm killed, that keeps someone more important alive another day.

I'm the Penguin, vanilla!town. Pretty fucking lame, I know.

5. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Lynch Votals

LochNess (3): Uncle Stojil, Rapscallion, Sesc
    Ash (1): Castiel
    Sesc (1): Ash

Abstaining (3): Doctor Whooves, Fontisian, LochNess

With 8 players alive, it is 5 to hard lynch, and 3 to soft lynch

Day Ends exactly when this timer reaches zero: COUNTDOWN

6. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

fontisian: I guess, though most has been pointed out before already. It was two things -- or well, three now. He started into the game with the attack on Whooves, which he subsequently pulled back when people started saying his post was probably "flailing Town" and not Mafia. Having a fix (own?) opinion is something else -- and the same goes for his most recent post, which is the opposite of what he posted before; Stojil quoted that.

And then, the way he pushed for AngelRick's lynch: There was this great post (Add.: here) where he voted for him and said "reasons I have stated before", and then I went to look for them and come up ... blank? Like, where are they.

There's a perfect example of that in post #92 when he says "As of now, AngelRick seems most scummy to me." and then talks about Whooves and Gambit instead. There's no substantial reason I can see, yet he's been on AngelRick's case all the time, and we know how that lynch ended.

All that together gives me: Lots of words but not much said, changing opinions to fit in with the majority and not stand out, and pushing the lynch of someone who turned out to be an important Town player. If that isn't suspicious, then I don't know what is. That was also the reason Stojil's claim that he considered Rapscallion Town until now made me scratch my head.

7. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Since it is a closed set-up I can not conclusively say whether at this point a mass-RR is good for town or not but in general I don't think a mass RR can help us, especially now. Going by last game, scum will have fake-roles for claiming so I doubt we would get anything from there either way.

Going by their behavior up until today morning I could have gone either way but like I stated before I don't like how Rapscallion (and Sesc) jumped on the Lochness bandwagon immediately. There is 10 hours remaining, if Lochness is scum, why aren't her buddies coming to her aid? Why did they not go and vote for Rapscallion immediately, like Sesc did for Lochness.

And it looks like no one finds Ash scummy here. I can only know why once the game ends.

Rescind Vote.

Lynch Vote: Rapscallion

If you mean lynch vote by Sesc, then my opinion of that is pretty clear. If you mean Ash's vote on Sesc, like everything else she has done in this game she offers no conclusive reasons.

In fact there is no way in hell Sesc gets lynched today, so I think this vote could be just a way to try and distance themselves from each other.

All of that makes my current scum-reads Ash, Rapscallion and maybe Sesc.If you consider the dog-pile theory, there are 3 votes on Lochness - Sesc, you and Rapscallion.

If Lochness is town, Rapscallion is scum. I believe you are town. Sesc could be Raps' scum-buddy. Third guy could be Ash just waiting for one more town-vote on Lochness to seal the deal.

8. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Great post. I liked it very much. I can offer a different view about this, though:

LochNess received aid, only not in the form of votes. The fact it was more subtle can be easily seen as scummy, since it's at this stage that scum usually prepares to bus. But it's harder to sell it if you go all out against their attackers and then need to backpedal.

Rapscallion/Sesc/Ash is my secondary scumteam (also because of what I just said) if LochNess/Doctor Whooves/Castiel doesn't pan out. But I'm in the position where I need to make assumptions and take risks (we all are, actually). One is that there "must" be scum in that AR bandwagon (and that leaves only LochNess and Rapscallion, to me). The other is that LochNess/Doctor Whooves is the strongest and most scummy link there is in this game. There is one more, but I shouldn't say it right now.

---------- Post automerged at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Well, about scummy links, there's Ash/Fontisian as well, but they don't fit much with LochNess or Rapscallion, unfortunately.

9. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

At least I've posted enough to have an attitude. We can all be bland and featureless, like you.

And yes, lynching scum is important. Lynching power scum is more important - but I concede that a Sesc/Stojil lynch is unlikely to happen today. So, therefore, I'd like to push the Rapscallion wagon to the forefront with this:

Vote: Rascallion

10. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Two and half hours left. LochNess has 3 votes, Rapscallion has 2, Sesc has 1.

If LochNess comes in (as she should), she's obviously going to vote Rapscallion, making it a tie and a no lynch. So...

Fontisian, come in and vote as well, I don't care whom.

Ash, seriously consider placing your vote where it matters, instead of conveniently wasting it on Sesc.

Personally, I'll be around in case shenanigans of some kind occur, but I advise everyone to do that as well. It's a critical moment. Don't miss it, if you can.

11. fontisian

I will vote before time runs out if it comes to a tie.

12. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Why? You better explain your reasons, and they better be good ones.

You can't keep out of this. You just can't. You have to take a stance, instead of conveniently and scummily (and if you're town, cowardly) watch on while all the others act.

13. Eidolonic

Day ends in a little over 2 hours.

I will not be home until roughly 3.5 hours from now, and will make day end post then.

If you vote after the deadline passes, it will not count.

If you post after the deadline passes, I'll probably either smack you in the face with a wet trout, or modkill you, depending if I think it was intentional or not.

COUNTDOWN

14. fontisian

Look, I want to see what other people will do. But you're right, if we have the wrong target right now, any information I get from watching people probably won't matter.
    Lynch: Lochness

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

If you want to vote at the last minute so you can use everything that happens before, you can do it. That's fine.

You just can't not vote, IMO, and I would make it my mission to see you lynched tomorrow no matter who flips what today.

---------- Post automerged at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

...if you did.

Forgot the last bit.

16. fontisian

Whatever. This is probably the safest thing to do, in case I lose internet access or something really important comes up.

17. Ash

I forgot I even voted for Sesc, I was half-asleep when I did it.

rescind vote
    Lynch vote: LochNess

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

That's hard lynch. Day's over.

19. Eidolonic

Day Three Ends!

A cry spills forth from a dark alleyway, as a couple of Gotham's more notorious villains drag a girl out into the street.

She wasn't one of them, you see. At least... they didn't think so.

In fact, she looked quite familiar... very familiar.

Perhaps a message to the Commissioner needed to be sent?

LochNess has been lynched!

LochNess was Batgirl.

She was the Mafia Rolecop.

Votals!

LochNess (5): Uncle Stojil, Rapscallion, Sesc, Fontisian, Ash
    Rapscallion (2): Castiel, Doctor Whooves

Abstaining (1) LochNess

With 8 alive, it is 5 to hard lynch, and 3 to soft lynch.

Votes!

#168 - Uncle Stojil lynch LochNess
    #171 - Rapscallion lynch LochNess
    #178 - Sesc lynch LochNess

#181 - Castiel lynch Ash
    #182 - Ash lynch Sesc
    #207 - Castiel lynch Rapscallion
    #209 - Doctor Whooves lynch Rapscallion
    #214 - Fontisian lynch LochNess
    #217 - Ash lynch LochNess

Day Four will begin in roughly 22 hours!

20. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

fillerfillerfiller